Blackwater Security in Najaf last year... video

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

AndrewR

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: BrunoPuntzJones
Originally posted by: tangent1138
was it this incident?

On Monday, eight commandos from Blackwater Security Consulting repulsed an attack by the militiamen of Shiite cleric Moqtada Sadr against the Coalition Provisional Authority headquarters in Najaf. After hours of calling the U.S. military and CPA for backup, Blackwater sent in its own helicopters -- twice -- to ferry ammunition in and carry a wounded Marine to safety, according to U.S. government and industry sources familiar with the incident.

--washington post april 8,2004
Vid is dated August 9th

And a lot of these guys are former military, or decided that why try out for special forces, when you can do the same thing in grounds like BW and get payed 10x as much and not be in the military.

It'd be pretty fun I'd think. I don't have kids or a wife or a family to worry about. Granted I'd rather be doing it against the Nazis or something and not people trying to defend their country.

I would venture that the vast majority are former military, not people who decided it would be "pretty fun". Their ability comes from military or government training, not CS.

Also keep in mind that those guys who were torn to pieces in Fallujah last year were from Blackwater. Real "fun". :roll:

BuckNaked

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: AndrewR
Originally posted by: BrunoPuntzJones
Originally posted by: tangent1138
was it this incident?

On Monday, eight commandos from Blackwater Security Consulting repulsed an attack by the militiamen of Shiite cleric Moqtada Sadr against the Coalition Provisional Authority headquarters in Najaf. After hours of calling the U.S. military and CPA for backup, Blackwater sent in its own helicopters -- twice -- to ferry ammunition in and carry a wounded Marine to safety, according to U.S. government and industry sources familiar with the incident.

--washington post april 8,2004
Vid is dated August 9th

And a lot of these guys are former military, or decided that why try out for special forces, when you can do the same thing in grounds like BW and get payed 10x as much and not be in the military.

It'd be pretty fun I'd think. I don't have kids or a wife or a family to worry about. Granted I'd rather be doing it against the Nazis or something and not people trying to defend their country.

I would venture that the vast majority are former military, not people who decided it would be "pretty fun". Their ability comes from military or government training, not CS.

Also keep in mind that those guys who were torn to pieces in Fallujah last year were from Blackwater. Real "fun". :roll:

And only about 10 days before this video was shot...

Rogue

Banned
Jan 28, 2000
Originally posted by: CheapArse
I can't seem to get it to DL

Yep. I get this:

Too many users downloading right now. Please try again later or get a PREMIUM-Account

Hurry up you slow ass downloaders!