Black Ops 2 Thread - 11-13-12

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by Q, May 1, 2012.

1. dougp

dougp Diamond Member

OK, I can understand that for games that are "new" to the scene and they don't know what to expect, but Activision and Treyarch both knew the amount of preorders as well as what has sold in the past. If you don't think that they can prepare for something like this, you're mistaken. The reason why is because they don't want to spend the money. Period. :'(

2. sygyzy

sygyzy Lifer

Hey you should cut them some slack. It's not like they make much money on the Call of Duty series.

3. Abe Froman

Abe Froman Golden Member

The lobby/servers issues have been the worst so far. I don't like how the party leader is cutoff while taking the group into MP lobbies, and the connectivity issues are horrible. People are getting booted over nothing. People who never have problems in any other games. I also don't know if I've had full bars in more than 15% of my games since this came out and I have great internet service.

Also, why can't we transfer party leadership in a game lobby. I'm already tired of having to back out and start a new party every time the party leader has to drop a deuce or eat dinner.

4. Sixguns

Sixguns Platinum Member

Are all these lobby issues just for PS3? I havent had any issues on XBL like the lobby issues. There is the normal lag stuff but I have yet to see anything go wrong in the lobby or even getting into a game.

5. Abe Froman

Abe Froman Golden Member

I play XBL. I've had all these problems.

6. digiram

digiram Diamond Member

I think the Mtar and Type 25 both suck.. M27 is decent (felt like the mw2 m4), but the Scar is a beast. Looking forward to the m8 and an-something.

7. Durvelle27

Durvelle27 Diamond Member

I've had these problems plus more like the game randomly freezing and having to restart the system.

8. Abe Froman

Abe Froman Golden Member

I've had significantly more freezing issues, even just in backing out of lobbies, or mid game. Right now, I'm attributing the bugs to the high server traffic and hoping that they will work it out soon.

9. Schfifty Five

After playing for the weekend and yesterday, there is something off about this game compared to all other COD games. It has to do with the aiming I think. I'm just unable to really hit people, or if I do, it feels like it takes 5-6 bullets while I am killed in 1-2 shots.

It very well could be some weird lag compensation because I will get the jump on people many times yet still not kill them (they shoot me 1-2 and i'm dead).

I know each COD game is different, but I just can't seem to kill people very well in this game. Hope it's just me needing to get used to the game.

10. Durvelle27

that's when it happens to me when i back out of lobbies or switching from XBL to Local. But now the game won't even load i have to return it because it keeps saying disc unreadable while all of my other games work just fine.

11. Abe Froman

Abe Froman Golden Member

That reminds me. I usually load the game onto the hard drive, using the disc only to load the game at start up.

12. Durvelle27

that was the first thing i did after having problems but it still does that when first loading at game startup

13. Saint Nick

Saint Nick Lifer

I had that issue with MW2 when it came out. I didn't buy BLOPS2 so good luck.

14. sygyzy

sygyzy Lifer

Hey guys, I am using the second rocket launcher (from the left) and noticed you can target turrets. I shot two rockets at a turret and even though I got hit markers, it wasn't destroyed. How does this make any sense I can take down a plane/copter with one. How many rockets do I need for a turret?

15. fbrdphreak

fbrdphreak Lifer

I hadn't noticed that. Curious if there's a trick. I've noticed you either need a lot of gunfire or a semtex to take out a piece of equipment.

16. Schfifty Five

I knew you could target pretty much any machine, but never tried hitting a turret (sentry gun right?) yet. It wouldn't make much sense for it to not die after one shot.

But then again, they did take away the ability to knife electronics so as to give those with the engineering perk a chance to hack it or something.

17. sygyzy

sygyzy Lifer

The equipment in this game seem invincible to me unless you hack it.

18. sygyzy

sygyzy Lifer

Do you know if your knife statement is a fact?

19. bucwylde23

bucwylde23 Diamond Member

You can no longer knife turrets or anything to take them out. Have to damage them with gunfire/grenades/emp/hack.

I like to put a few shotgun blasts into a back of a turret to make short work of it :)

20. American Gunner

American Gunner Platinum Member

So I finally got this game yesterday and really enjoyed it. While I am not a super soldier like some of the guys on here, I usually start slow and work my K/D up to around 1.2. I played for about 3 hours last night and my K/D is .97, and it only went negative when I ended with two pretty bad games. Overall, I am really enjoying this game and don't think I did too bad for playing against higher ranking people that actually knew the maps.

21. fbrdphreak

fbrdphreak Lifer

Update for the 360:

http://www.vg247.com/2012/11/21/black-ops-2-xbox-360-update-live-now-fixes-listed/

22. fbrdphreak

fbrdphreak Lifer

You want to talk about irritating: I am KICKING ASS in some KC. 30+ kills, <10 deaths, lots of confirms, AWESOME. The host decides to quit, the game is able to keep in session, BUT it resets nearly everyone in the game to 0/0 and puts me on the LOSING team, keeping a guy who was 29-2 on the other team, so our team was down tags 2:1 pretty much

o_O

23. sygyzy

sygyzy Lifer

I saw some great videos about how great the Black Hat PDA is so I changed my class entirely to run it (adding in other perks to help with that style of play). Man, I didn't do well. I spent so much time trying to hack things that people just ran up and shot me.

24. sze5003

sze5003 Lifer

I tried It too but it wasn't what I expected. I use type 25 with burst fire and fore grip. Great class with hard line and the other standard perk.

25. Q

Q Lifer

Wow, I had forgotten I made this thread that long ago!

Anyway, my initial thoughts. Too much like MW3. SMGs are overpowered, maps too small and cluttered, quick scoping needs to go. Pretty disappointed. Black Ops 1 truly was my favorite MP game of all time, and I was so excited for this.

Maps are my biggest gripe. Just horrid. SMGs need to have less range, or a slight delay on bring up the sights. SMG + quick draw + laser = not balanced.

Zombies is nice, though I wish the maps were larger. They are TINY. Weird?