Black Mesa: Source - An X-mas Update

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Source Engine will still look good in 2010, right now Crysis looks the best, but seeing how HL2 came out what 3 years ago? 4? Crysis doesn't look 4 years better. Even if it isn't the most advanced engine, I think it's good and HL2 looks amazing. I'd still put it near the top in terms of quality. This mod will rock if it ever comes out, even in 2011 I'd play it.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: QueBert
Source Engine will still look good in 2010, right now Crysis looks the best, but seeing how HL2 came out what 3 years ago? 4? Crysis doesn't look 4 years better. Even if it isn't the most advanced engine, I think it's good and HL2 looks amazing. I'd still put it near the top in terms of quality. This mod will rock if it ever comes out, even in 2011 I'd play it.

I think HL2 and especially Ep2 looked good. But to compare them to Crysis? Come on, we don't even have the hardware to play Crysis in all its glory yet, and it still looks incredible.

MmmSkyscraper

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
Originally posted by: userman
Originally posted by: JTsyo
Didn't Valve release HL:Source? Think they ported the game over to the Source engine. Not sure how it compares though.

It looks like the orig HL 1 just in the source engine with extra bugs.

Fixed.

warcrow

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
Originally posted by: Modular
If they can fix the end game boss battle they will be my new heroes. That battle in the original was complete crap.

This was easily the most disapponting thing about the original game.

Ramma2

Platinum Member
Jul 29, 2002
Originally posted by: Modular
If they can fix the ending of the game they will be my new heroes. That end sequence was the worst ending to any game I have ever completed. After how good the game was, I was stunned into silence on how bad the ending was.

Fixed!