Billionaire Threatens Democratic Party

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Hes not the only one. Any big-name youtubers with 1M+ subscribers are very likely to have anywhere from $10-25k in MONTHLY patreon income. It blows my mind, but then I come back to reality and say "A fool and their money are soon parted"

He and others in similar situations likely have some Employees who Edit videos and do other tasks.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
Left and Alt-Left?

What kind of drugs do you have to be on to not know that the Republicans are not a wholly owned subsidiary of the wealthy (job creators)? This is especially troubling given that you frequent a forum where evidence of this corruption is provided ad nauseum. Trying to deny it with a straight face is borderline certifiable.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

J.Wilkins

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2017
End the incentive and cure the disease. No more lobbyism and no more backdoor contributions. Make it punishable by 15 years in prison to even ATTEMPT to skirt the rules.

Until that is done all you get is corporate interest bought politicians who really don't give a fuck about you.

gregoryvg

Jul 8, 2008
This is about as stone cold as you can get. This wealthy fucker has the balls to say that if the Democratic Party mentions the wealthy in a negative way again he will cut off all funding. My response, go fuck yourself. People like you are a virus, You are the worst humans in America and you have hollowed us out with your filthy politician buying money. Why do you get to talk personally with our leaders you piece of shit?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ctluj7jbbmE

Good for him. Why should he keep monetarily supporting a political party that is villifying him? I hope you alt-left liberals continue to bite the hand that feeds; you'll have as much influence in America as you deserve. None.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Good for him. Why should he keep monetarily supporting a political party that is villifying him? I hope you alt-left liberals continue to bite the hand that feeds; you'll have as much influence in America as you deserve. None.

The mind boggles at the level of stupidity you just posted.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013

Which is just as much as the average Republican has. The only difference is that Democrats are pissed off about it. Republicans are happy to allow the United State Government actively attack the middle and working classes in order to further enrich the one percenters. Not sure why, could you explain that one to me? Why doesn't it bother you that your elected representatives act only on the wishes of a few billionaires and don't give a fuck about you?

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004

The idea that the labor class has no influence is amusing.

Yes, there's a lot of partisan hatred on both sides. But that is a distraction from the failure of trickle down. The sapping of value from labor over the past 4 decades. The leftovers people are fighting over are mere scraps compared to what their parents and grandparents once enjoyed. Compared to what the 'Boomers had in value.

Productivity remains high. If that lost value is not obtained through labor it should be obtained through other means, such as taxes. It's time we restored America by restoring that lost value. By giving our people what they need.

J.Wilkins

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2017

I don't know if you are trolling or just stupid... maybe both?

J.Wilkins

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2017

Yes, there's a lot of partisan hatred on both sides. But that is a distraction from the failure of trickle down. The sapping of value from labor over the past 4 decades. The leftovers people are fighting over are mere scraps compared to what their parents and grandparents once enjoyed. Compared to what the 'Boomers had in value.

Productivity remains high. If that lost value is not obtained through labor it should be obtained through other means, such as taxes. It's time we restored America by restoring that lost value. By giving our people what they need.

This guy gets it.

gregoryvg

Jul 8, 2008
Which is just as much as the average Republican has. The only difference is that Democrats are pissed off about it. Republicans are happy to allow the United State Government actively attack the middle and working classes in order to further enrich the one percenters. Not sure why, could you explain that one to me? Why doesn't it bother you that your elected representatives act only on the wishes of a few billionaires and don't give a fuck about you?

It's his money, why should he continue to monetarily support a political party to villanizes him. I mean look at your signature "Eating the rich, and bleeding tiger blood". He should pull out and stop contributing to the Democrat party. Let people like you send in their $5 or $10; would that be bleeding tiger blood?

gregoryvg

Jul 8, 2008

I'm just saying why should this dude contineu to monetarily support a political party that makes him the enemy. There is wealth disparity in this country, but maybe it's a good idea not to make enemies of those you need?

gregoryvg

Jul 8, 2008
I don't know if you are trolling or just stupid... maybe both?

So, why should the billionaire donor continue funding the Democrat party which is villanizing him and people like him? Only a fool would. Then again, only a fool bites the hand that feeds.

J.Wilkins

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2017
So, why should the billionaire donor continue funding the Democrat party which is villanizing him and people like him? Only a fool would. Then again, only a fool bites the hand that feeds.

It shouldn't be allowed in the first place unless you want corporatism rather than democracy.

Tell me, do you think that people actually want corporatism rather than democracy?

gregoryvg

Jul 8, 2008
If I were a Dem I'd say:

1. Fuck your feels
2. There's the door

I agree. They should totally tell him (and other millionaire/billionairs) off and reject his money. Maybe you can send $5 or something to the Democratic party instead. I'm sure that will work out perfectly.

J.Wilkins

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2017
I agree. They should totally tell him (and other millionaire/billionairs) off and reject his money. Maybe you can send $5 or something to the Democratic party instead. I'm sure that will work out perfectly.

At least that would be legal.

gregoryvg

Jul 8, 2008
It shouldn't be allowed in the first place unless you want corporatism rather than democracy.

Tell me, do you think that people actually want corporatism rather than democracy?

But it is allowed, that is the current rules. The supreme court even ruled it constitutional. If the threatens (and does) take him money and go home; who would blame him? Do you think the democratic party wants to alienate their big donors? Do you think the alt-leftist progressive "eat the rich" people are going to make up for that vacuum of funding?

Now personally, I think people like the idea of democracy, but really just want an autocracy that they personally believe in. Punch a Nazi; no blacks allowed; only my beliefs have merit. I see it on this board all the time.

J.Wilkins

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2017
But it is allowed, that is the current rules. The supreme court even ruled it constitutional. If the threatens (and does) take him money and go home; who would blame him? Do you think the democratic party wants to alienate their big donors? Do you think the alt-leftist progressive "eat the rich" people are going to make up for that vacuum of funding?

Now personally, I think people like the idea of democracy, but really just want an autocracy that they personally believe in. Punch a Nazi; no blacks allowed; only my beliefs have merit. I see it on this board all the time.

Rules can be changed even if they are constitutional and that political appointees gets to rule if their cash flow gets to be high is fucking hilarious... It's like you're not even trying to not be a banana republic on these things.

I think that the idea that corporations are people is completely and utterly insane and only a completely and utterly insane person would think it isn't and if that is the case... Clearly there should be a means to remove a clearly and utterly insane person from sitting on the SC?

Personally I think that punching a nazi is the right thing to do but should still remain illegal. Don't try to think about it, it will make you nuts to try to understand how someone thinks that even though he supports it it should have legal ramifications. I'm prepared to deal with the consequences of doing what I think is right even though I think that punching a Nazi is ALWAYS a good idea (just like your forefathers and my father thought it was a great idea to literally obliterate them and send those who were caught to hang).

1sikbITCH

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2001
The mind boggles at the level of stupidity you just posted.

He's actually correct. Billionaires' best interests are definitely aligned with the GOP. That billionaire was being charitable by supporting the democrats. There are 540 of them in the US and if they vote their own best interests they should all vote GOP. So that's 540 billionaires and several thousand white supremacists voting for their own personal best interests by voting GOP. The rest of the Trump votes?

My theory goes back to while Trump was campaigning. He flew his plane nearly every day to a new town in rural America, now known as Trump Country. While Trump preached, Don Jr was unloading pounds of meth off the plane. Now Trump controls those folks like a robot army. Scary stuff.

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
I'd tell him to wish in one hand and shit in the other. See which one gets full first.

POFS fat no neck fuck.

1sikbITCH

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2001
There is nothing charitable about it. He's just hedging his bets in case Democrats win. It's not charity if there are strings attached.

I looked him up and ever since he's been a public figure he's been donating to Dems. He even gave Clinton a million dollars last year. Clinton lost, he is still here. IF he was hedging bets he'd be wearing a MAGA hat now, but he's still bitching. I think he's an actual Democrat who happens to be rich. However, if I was the one nice crack dealer on the block I would understand why everyone was talking shit about crack dealers.