Bill O'Reilly Attacks Michael Jackson's Memorial Coverage

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

dali71

Golden Member
Oct 1, 2003
Originally posted by: ZeGermans
Need to know his burial plot for when I need to take a wizz. Reagan's is too well guarded :(

Your vacation was over much too soon. Here's hoping that you won't be able to restrain yourself from posting something in the immediate future worthy of an extended vacation/permaban.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
MJ was a genius who entertained billions but it doesn't come as a surprise that old white people would be angry about his coverage seeing as how often he defied the status quo.

status quo how so???
To be quite honest celebrating his death as on of the best entertainers in the world was OK!!
But to celebrate his death as a humanitarian.......somebody who was the equal of Martin Luther King...thats just disrespectful to ther family of martin Luther King!!

I see no status quo...

Mani

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2001
One point I do agree with Bill on - that the same media that demonized Jackson in his trial - even after being pronounced innocent - is now immortalizing him. What is ridiculous about the whole thing however is that Bill himself is and was a part of that media.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: Mani
One point I do agree with Bill on - that the same media that demonized Jackson in his trial - even after being pronounced innocent - is now immortalizing him. What is ridiculous about the whole thing however is that Bill himself is and was a part of that media.

You are right to a point....
he was and is a part of that media...but I don`t hear Bill being two faced about the above issue.
We all agree MJ was perhaps the greatest at what he did.
I don`t see nor do I hear Bill O`Rielly saying that Michael Jackson did as much for black people as Martin Luther King has done!

So your point was.,..since Bill makes his living the way he does that he is just as guilty as those who have come out said that Michael Jackson did as much for black people as Martin Luther King has done?

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: JD50
Originally posted by: her209
Did Fox News cover the Michael Jackson Memorial?
Yes and he addressed that, nice try.
Bill O'Reilly is saying Fox News didn't exploit Michael Jackson's death for ratings simply because it didn't parade guests during its Michael Jackson Memorial coverage? LOL

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: JD50
No, he's bitching about the fact that the media has basically shunned him ever since the pedophile thing began, but now that he's dead all of the sudden he's a black icon that everyone should look up to.

yeap its kinda sickening. Ok great the guy was an amazeing entertainer. Very few are like him in that.

But how the media vilified him during and after the Pedo case and now fawning over him is sickening.

Need to know his burial plot for when I need to take a wizz. Reagan's is too well guarded :(

why the fuck are you not permabanned yet?

Mani

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2001
Originally posted by: JEDIYoda
Originally posted by: Mani

You are right to a point....
he was and is a part of that media...but I don`t hear Bill being two faced about the above issue.
We all agree MJ was perhaps the greatest at what he did.
I don`t see nor do I hear Bill O`Rielly saying that Michael Jackson did as much for black people as Martin Luther King has done!

So your point was.,..since Bill makes his living the way he does that he is just as guilty as those who have come out said that Michael Jackson did as much for black people as Martin Luther King has done?

No, my point was that Bill loves to demonize "the media" as though it's some kind of external entity that is a catch-all for everything bad in the world, and that is fundamentally hypocritical. I do think the media was too harsh on MJ to start with and too idolizing of him now, and that's just the nature of the beast - it's become sound bites of heavily polarized views, and Bill himself has had a hand in creating that.

Cogman

Lifer
Sep 19, 2000
MJ was a genius who entertained billions but it doesn't come as a surprise that old white people would be angry about his coverage seeing as how often he defied the status quo.

People are mad about it not because he was a great entertainer, they are mad about it because he was freaking weird. Half the stuff said about him is being blown out of proportion "Michael made it possible for a black president because people where comfortable listening to his music!" Give me a break. I doubt more then a hand full of people actually considered michael jackson's ethnicity when they listened to his music.

Its just funny that 5 years ago, calling jackson a pedophile was the right thing to do, and the media did it FREQUENTLY, but now, if you dare think it, you are racist... Umm yeah strange how his death suddenly makes a difference of what you think about him.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000

Whose racist alter-ego are you?