Bill O'Reilly Attacks Michael Jackson's Memorial Coverage

breakit23

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
O'Reilly is an idiot but he's right the MJ thing is overblown. I agreed with him when he did his initial monologue spiel, but the other guy made some really good points and O'Reilly's past contradictions make his logic lose credibility.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
i listened to that driving home on XM radio, and i have to agree with O'Reilly. the whole circus was just laughable.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Wasn't O'Reilly at Entertainment Tonite or some such entertainment show before he was on Fox "news?"

RightIsWrong

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2005
O'Reilly's monologue rang true for the most part. His "debate" with the Dr. was a joke. He danced around the questions/issues raised more than MJ ever could have on stage.

babylon5

Golden Member
Dec 11, 2000
I can't stand O'Reilly, but his comment on Michael Jackson's bleaching skin and his non-black white kids is right on.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
It's not even Sporting to criticize the MJ coverage. It's like shooting fish in a barrel, ya, you got a big one, but it filled the barrel so missing wasn't gonna happen.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Originally posted by: her209
Did Fox News cover the Michael Jackson Memorial?

Yes and he addressed that, nice try.

On topic, I do agree with his points, but it's getting a little tiresome, he needs to just let it go.

coloumb

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: JD50
Originally posted by: her209
Did Fox News cover the Michael Jackson Memorial?

Yes and he addressed that, nice try.

On topic, I do agree with his points, but it's getting a little tiresome, he needs to just let it go.

Just like every other news station needed to let it go too...

LumbergTech

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2005
I don't really see what there is to agree with....hes basically pissed that Jackson is being hailed as somehow having made a difference because he doesn't like the idea that a weirdo might have more than one side

hes also using it as a reason to bitch about al sharpton because he loves to bitch about al sharpton

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Originally posted by: LumbergTech
I don't really see what there is to agree with....hes basically pissed that Jackson is being hailed as somehow having made a difference because he doesn't like the idea that a weirdo might have more than one side

hes also using it as a reason to bitch about al sharpton because he loves to bitch about al sharpton

No, he's bitching about the fact that the media has basically shunned him ever since the pedophile thing began, but now that he's dead all of the sudden he's a black icon that everyone should look up to.

LumbergTech

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2005
Originally posted by: JD50

No, he's bitching about the fact that the media has basically shunned him ever since the pedophile thing began, but now that he's dead all of the sudden he's a black icon that everyone should look up to.

I think the media "actively shunned" him during the trial and then lost interest after he was not found guilty...

THe man is dead, it is very common for people to think of the good points of a man after his death because his bad points are no longer a threat

spittledip

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2005
His points all seemed pretty valid. It is true- pedophile or not, it is really sick to be in bed with children. Also, I liked his point about the media coverage- first they criminalize him b/c it makes a good story, now they go gaga over him b/c it makes a good story.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

you have no concept of the truth do you???

LumbergTech

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2005
Originally posted by: JEDIYoda

you have no concept of the truth do you???

why? because i think oreilly could ultimately give a shit about jackson but is just using this to feed the stupid arguements that we hear day in and day out?

I just dont understand the outrage..what exactly is so offensive about what the media is doing with jackson that they dont do on a daily basis?

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Bill is, as I've said before, the most tolerable of the Fox news pundits. He isn't always wrong.

FVCK IT! We'll do it live!

ZeGermans

Banned
Dec 14, 2004
MJ was a genius who entertained billions but it doesn't come as a surprise that old white people would be angry about his coverage seeing as how often he defied the status quo.