Biden says troops going to Ukraine (Luna1968's interpretation of Biden's words)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

RY62

Mar 13, 2005
I hope you had this concern when Trump was threatening North Korea like a 8 year old that got pushed off his bicycle.

Biden seems to be the one reminding everyone, repeatedly, about the dangers of escalation and nuclear war, it's odd that you're trying to paint him as the careless one. Perhaps you noticed the weeks long debate over a NFZ? Maybe also a complete lack of retarded escalating bullshit, say like, painting Chinese flags on F-22s and attacking Russia with them?

I realize without projection some people wouldn't have anything to say, but those people should really give silence a try. It won't paint them an idiot like Carlson and Hannity vomit does.

Seems strange you would mention North Korea since they just tested a banned ICBM after being mostly quiet through the Trump years but yeah, I was concerned then. Maybe not as concerned as I am now but still concerned.

I appreciate that the Biden administration has been pretty careful and mindful of the dangers of escalation and the possibility nuclear war. To that end, letting Joe speak freely and in public is a big mistake. It's very apparent that he is in a state of severe cognitive decline and his public speaking should be limited to prepared comments only.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Seems strange you would mention North Korea since they just tested a banned ICBM after being mostly quiet through the Trump years but yeah, I was concerned then.

Link to said concern? 'Mostly quiet', wtf are you talking about? I can link you multiple test events of NK Hwasong-12 missiles getting shot over Japan in 2017. One them he did on the eve of a big US China summit. Your memory sucks ass, you know that?

I appreciate that the Biden administration has been pretty careful and mindful of the dangers of escalation and the possibility nuclear war. To that end, letting Joe speak freely and in public is a big mistake. It's very apparent that he is in a state of severe cognitive decline and his public speaking should be limited to prepared comments only.

So you appreciate it, you're just OK with posting like you don't. Gotcha. Seems this is just your predilection for Faux and yellow journalism showing then. Let us know when Biden becomes a medical expert and blames wind turbines for cancer, or recommends bleach and de worming medications as treatment for a pandemic. Until then this is just you trying to carry water for Team Treason (and failing, I might add).

Last edited:
Reactions: Pohemi and iRONic

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Biden openly calling for Russian regime change in his speech today is, I hope, a calculated move. I don’t think he makes that speech without having a certain level of confidence in the elements already in-country that can pull that off. We’ve been getting really good intel so I assume there are higher ups in Putin’s inner circle or the military who are working with us and could manage a coup.

I imagine that part of the risk equation is knowing what these words can push an already unhinged Putin to do. Let’s see what happens.

Edit: WH is walking it back—so I’d say that would be a huge, HUGE gaffe of epic proportions if Biden riffed part of his speech openly calling for regime change. Like, there’s no way to downplay this gaffe. It’s inexcusable. I’d suggest if OP wants to make a point of Biden’s off the cuff words being dangerous to national security, he should update his post with today’s speech. I’m

US President Joe Biden declared forcefully Saturday that Russian President Vladimir Putin "cannot remain in power," but the White House said afterward that it was not a call for regime change.

"For God's sake, this man cannot remain in power," Biden announced at the very conclusion of a capstone address delivered at the Royal Castle in Warsaw.

“The President’s point was that Putin cannot be allowed to exercise power over his neighbors or the region. He was not discussing Putin’s power in Russia, or regime change," a White House official said.

US officials had said previously said removing Putin from power was not their goal.

Last edited:

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
He's not wrong. Autocratic war criminals tend to be poor neighbors for everyone. People are starting to panic a little because it looks like Putin is going to try and change his fortunes by using chemical weapons.

Blatant call out to anti-Putin elements to do something. Almost anything is better than NATO getting involved.

Last edited:

Tsinni Dave

Mar 1, 2022
Biden openly calling for Russian regime change in his speech today is, I hope, a calculated move. I don’t think he makes that speech without having a certain level of confidence in the elements already in-country that can pull that off. We’ve been getting really good intel so I assume there are higher ups in Putin’s inner circle or the military who are working with us and could manage a coup.

I imagine that part of the risk equation is knowing what these words can push an already unhinged Putin to do. Let’s see what happens.

Edit: WH is walking it back—so I’d say that would be a huge, HUGE gaffe of epic proportions if Biden riffed part of his speech openly calling for regime change. Like, there’s no way to downplay this gaffe. It’s inexcusable. I’d suggest if OP wants to make a point of Biden’s off the cuff words being dangerous to national security, he should update his post with today’s speech. I’m

US President Joe Biden declared forcefully Saturday that Russian President Vladimir Putin "cannot remain in power," but the White House said afterward that it was not a call for regime change.

"For God's sake, this man cannot remain in power," Biden announced at the very conclusion of a capstone address delivered at the Royal Castle in Warsaw.

“The President’s point was that Putin cannot be allowed to exercise power over his neighbors or the region. He was not discussing Putin’s power in Russia, or regime change," a White House official said.

US officials had said previously said removing Putin from power was not their goal.
While politically inappropriate and will be viewed as escalation I know the sentiment and expressing what I'm sure are the feelings of everyone he's been in contact with on the ground who have been affected directly by the invasion and would rather hear that then what a genius Putin is :
As long as Putin is in power Russia will be in for bad times and the sooner he's out the better for everyone.

Reactions: Pohemi

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Russia reasserts right to use nuclear weapons in Ukraine (theGuardian.com)

*** Registration prompt warning .... select "I'll do it later" to skip -or- since these guys are (mostly) legit go ahead and register ***

Senior politician Dmitry Medvedev says Moscow’s nuclear doctrine does not require enemy state to use such weapons first

6000.jpg

If Russia uses chemical weapons or tactical nukes its 100% on Puta.

(as is the blood of every single Ukrainian who dies in this unjust war)

Last edited:

RY62

Mar 13, 2005
Link to said concern? 'Mostly quiet', wtf are you talking about? I can link you multiple test events of NK Hwasong-12 missiles getting shot over Japan in 2017. One them he did on the eve of a big US China summit. Your memory sucks ass, you know that?

So you appreciate it, you're just OK with posting like you don't. Gotcha. Seems this is just your predilection for Faux and yellow journalism showing then. Let us know when he's a medical expert blaming wind turbines for cancer, or recommending bleach and de worming medications as treatment for a pandemic. Until then this is just you trying to carry water for Team Treason (and failing, I might add).

Link to said concern? I was concerned about a minor case of constipation this morning. Should I provide a link to that as well? Hwasong-12 to the best of my knowledge is not an ICBM. While I admit my memory isn't the greatest, I don't recall any ICBM tests from NK from Nov 2017 until a few days ago although there was a hypersonic missile test in January.

I appreciate that the administration has been pretty careful. Biden, on the other hand, seems to have no clue what the hell he is saying. What "Team Treason" did or did not do has nothing to do with this discussion. Please try to stay on topic. As I said earlier, it's very apparent that Biden is in a state of severe cognitive decline and his public speaking should be limited to prepared comments only. Your off topic ramblings don't change that fact.

• Haha

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
As I said earlier, it's very apparent that Biden is in a state of severe cognitive decline and his public speaking should be limited to prepared comments only.

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV

I’m a very stable genius!!!

I said supposing you brought the light inside the body

President Putin says it’s not Russia. I don’t see any reason why it would be

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Link to said concern? I was concerned about a minor case of constipation this morning. Should I provide a link to that as well?

If you're willing to submit a claim you should be willing to support it, it's a fairly simple concept really. Having your opinion exposed as uninformed shit is not a comment on your irrelevant but equally sluggish GI issues, for that I'll take your word. Eat a whole apple, drink more water?

Your claim of 'all quiet' during Trump was laughable, and you are simply regurgitating the sad stuff Fox and others are still running with. I'm not asking for this, but is it fair to say there probably aren't posts of yours here spanning a certain four years, all very concerned with the notion of dementia, of Trump proving he has the IQ of sunscreen? I'm asking you before I look, for the giggles.

Last edited:

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Yes, silly me and my off topic ramblings. How remiss I was to question that take on President Biden.

This you RY62?

"We all know that 90% of the media will automatically dispute and go against anything President Trump has to say. So, being the genius we all know he is, Trump said it's like the flu, no reason to panic, etc. Trump is so smart, he played the media to get the message out that the virus is actually dangerous while he moved on to travel bans, procuring medical supplies and ramping up for testing and vaccines. How can you not love this guy?" Deliberately shilling for the traitor in a thread about how Trump admitted he deliberately misled the country regarding covid19's danger. Cute.

Quite the astute observer of presidents, clearly. "How can you not love" a narcissistic moron and traitor that created coups and an insurrection, who helped snuff >1million Americans with a preventable disease?

Be an American instead of a shit eating republican would be my answer. If you really consider him a genius, especially now, yikes. Good luck with that and please stay away from sharp objects, heavy machinery and deep fryers.

Last edited:

RY62

Mar 13, 2005
Yes, silly me and my off topic ramblings. How remiss I was to question that take on President Biden.

This you RY62?

"We all know that 90% of the media will automatically dispute and go against anything President Trump has to say. So, being the genius we all know he is, Trump said it's like the flu, no reason to panic, etc. Trump is so smart, he played the media to get the message out that the virus is actually dangerous while he moved on to travel bans, procuring medical supplies and ramping up for testing and vaccines. How can you not love this guy?"

Quite the astute observer of presidents, clearly. "How can you not love" a narcissistic moron and traitor that created coups and an insurrection, who helped snuff >1million Americans with a preventable disease?

Be an American instead of a shit eating republican would be my answer. If you really consider him a genius, especially now, yikes. Good luck with that and please stay away from sharp objects, heavy machinery and deep fryers.

Don't try to hide behind stupid. I know you can see the sarcasm dripping all over that post. I still don't know why you insist on changing the topic to Trump. Surely, only an idiot would say that faults with one president excuse faults for another president. I don't think that you're actually an idiot so you must be just trying to avoid the topic at hand.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: iRONic and Pohemi

RY62

Mar 13, 2005
List of North Korean missile tests (Wiki)

There were MANY missile-launch's from North Korea during Trump's time in office.... saying it was "quiet" is straight up BS.

But that's about par for the course.

I clearly stated ICBM and also stated that I don't recall any ICBM tests from NK from Nov 2017 until a few days ago although there was a hypersonic missile test in January.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I clearly stated ICBM and also stated that I don't recall any ICBM tests from NK from Nov 2017 until a few days ago although there was a hypersonic missile test in January.

Technically you are correct BUT only because up until recently they didn't actually HAVE an ICBM. (and may not even now)

And fortunately since I've linked a list we won't need to rely on your selective-memory.

Nice try. :tearsofjoy: (just more of the same BS)

Reactions: iRONic and Pohemi

RY62

Mar 13, 2005
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV

I’m a very stable genius!!!

I said supposing you brought the light inside the body

President Putin says it’s not Russia. I don’t see any reason why it would be

I don't understand. Are you trying to say Trump said stupid shit so that makes it ok that Biden has lost his mind and keeps making stupid comments which could lead to nuclear war?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I don't understand. Are you trying to say Trump said stupid shit so that makes it ok that Biden has lost his mind and keeps making stupid comments which could lead to nuclear war?
I agree that this comment by Biden was dumb but people like you trying to convince yourselves he has dementia or whatever are wishcasting. I mean just look at Biden running circles around Putin right now.

I imagine we would both agree that Trump is suffering from myriad mental issues including cognitive decline as dementia runs in his family. It was a good reason to vote him out regardless of his corruption. Biden seems fine though as evidenced by recent events.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Don't try to hide behind stupid. I know you can see the sarcasm dripping all over that post. I still don't know why you insist on changing the topic to Trump. Surely, only an idiot would say that faults with one president excuse faults for another president. I don't think that you're actually an idiot so you must be just trying to avoid the topic at hand.

Hide behind stupid? I'm pointing my finger at it, getting a chuckle out of it trying to play the nonpartisan game. Your position on Biden is inextricably linked to your opinion on Trump, and despite my initial hope that your comments were in jest (along with several other posters from that thread) you declined to provide /s, context or retraction for the remaining 14 pages. Any misconception there is completely attributable to you, not me. But we both know why there is no sign of you giving half a shit about dementia and senility 2016-2020. Trump's rambling incoherent rantfests are the stuff of Idiot Legend, and nothing from you? The capricious liar has to take a mental competency test, had people talking about the 25th and just crickets from you?

In a nutshell, I'm saying the indignation of hypocrites is worth nothing. Nah, I don't think you're actually an idiot either, I just think denial and a victim complex are second nature to your kind. The cherrypicking does get annoying though.

So let's say your belief in Trump being a genius was complete sarcasm there, that I'm completely off track here and you are legit concerned about the mental competency of the CiC. Can you then direct me to a single thread in this forum where you expressed concern for Trump in the same way you've done for Biden in this thread? Seriously, happy to be proven wrong here and just having a hell of a time doing it on my own.

Last edited:

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002
Trump saluting the NK military personnel
Trump staring at the eclipse with no eye protection
In the revolutionary war the American army took over the airport from the british well that is what trump said / believes

now who is the one with a smooth brain?

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Trump saluting the NK military personnel
Trump staring at the eclipse with no eye protection
In the revolutionary war the American army took over the airport from the british well that is what trump said / believes

now who is the one with a smooth brain?

If you want to make our Presidency sound like contest between dumb and dumber....
Trump shouldn't be the bar American Presidents aspire to pass. Especially not OUR choice for President. Let the GOP be that party. We should have our own shit to deal with.

From this weekend in Poland:
  1. US Troops will "be there" re Ukraine.
  2. US Goal: Regime Change in Russia.
  3. We'll strike back with chemical weapons.
It all seems rather haphazard, but exactly what one should expect from a man of Biden's age.

Huffpo: BIDEN: PUTIN ‘CANNOT REMAIN IN POWER’ — W.H. WALKS BACK
MSN:
How Biden sparked a global uproar with nine ad-libbed words about Putin

• Haha

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
6571d628baca93ac68bf5484820eb9bd.jpeg

Sadly there's a large degree of truth here especially on the national level.... we don't exactly get our "best and brightest" in politics.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
6571d628baca93ac68bf5484820eb9bd.jpeg

Sadly there's a large degree of truth here especially on the national level.... we don't exactly get our "best and brightest" in politics.
So #bothsides actively court white supremacists?
#bothsides actively try to disenfranchise minority votes?
#bothsides actively try to limit the rights of women, minorities, and LGBTQ+ persons?
#bothsides have a problem with teaching American history?

I could go on but I think I've made my point

Reactions: dank69

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I could go on but I think I've made my point

Who are you ranting at? Never seen South Park?

Might be time to shut down the PC and go to bed dude.

Seriously have a cocktail. (or 2) ;)

See below for further explanation:

A lot of the animated show South Park is pure political satire.

Definition of satire:

Noun

sat·ire | \ ˈsa-ˌtī(-ə)r \

1: a literary work holding up human vices and follies to ridicule or scorn

2: trenchent wit, irony, or sarcasm used to expose and discredit vice or folly

~ Per Mirriam-Webster

And this is why I usually avoid this place except during times of crisis .... its just not healthy. (I go back to OT and snap at people for days!)

:confused:

Last edited: