Biden is the best president ever!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Clinton set up the country for the 2008 mortgage crisis, NAFTA, China's ability to become the economic power it is today, allowing Bin Laden to prepare for Sept 11, 2001, and as a direct result of those actions or inaction helped pave the road for someone like Trump to be able to become president.

Yeah times were good, that is when you prepare for the bad times instead of partying like it's always going to be 1999.

Clinton inherited NAFTA from BushDaddy. Bin Laden was the result of training and supplying the Afghani mujahideen durning Reagan's terms in office and the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan...and Dubya's administration ignoring the warnings from the IC that al queda was planning SOMETHING and it involved airplanes. China's growth and expansion is at least partly the result of Nixon's visit...and push to normalize relations with the largest communist country on the planet.
Does Clinton bear SOME responsibility for all the things you mentioned? Sure...all presidents bear some responsibility for things that happen during their watch.

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020
Ladies and gentleman, I give you an honest discussion. Agree or disagree the OP came tp the table with....

wait for it....

EVIDENCE.

The OP didn't just jump on top of a table pull down his pants take a steaming dump and leave.

It's called an HONEST DISCUSSION. Want to make a claim, back it the fuck up or just SHUT THE FUCK UP.

that and which headline would you rather have popping up on the P&N forum? I am tired of seeing pure shit posts with negative BS headlines dominating the board.

Going for Biden is a great president is not enough, a thread dedicated to that just is not going to have the staying power.

We need the greatest president to generate some discussion. And keep pushing a more positive headline to the top of the board.

That, and I think I can fend off anyone pre-Lincoln. My arguments against Lincoln are weak and likely to get destroyed, but even as they are destroyed the headline will pop up to the top of the board. FDR is the scary one, but I think I can send a few cheap shots his way also.

And I need to avoid giving answers to quickly, to give the thread staying power I a response or two a day is likely best.

Reactions: balloonshark

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
that and which headline would you rather have popping up on the P&N forum? I am tired of seeing pure shit posts with negative BS headlines dominating the board.
thats what freedom looks like.
the freedom to be stupid.

Ugly aint it?
Having said that, if you start declaring things too stupid to exist and make them disappear you have just started a dictatorship and thats much worse.
Let be people stupid. its their right.
If you dont like a particular dickhole on the forums (are there are many) just skip over their threads. or put them on your ignore list and you won't even see them.

Juiblex

Banned
Sep 26, 2016
I watched the G7 and this guy has his act together.

I really like we finally have a president taking China seriously, and pushing both the G7 and NATO into a tougher stance on China.

to quote Anthony Zurcher:

It could be said the previous president set the bar pathetically low. However, Biden is resurrecting an economy devastated by the previous administration, and simultaneously putting a country together again after being subject to divide and conquer by the previous admin, repairing alliances and relationships badly damaged by the previous admin, and creating a world wide unified front against China.

In short, he not only repairing everything with exceptional ability, he is also dealing with long standing systemic issues and dangerous external security threats while avoiding civil war with delusional crazys.

in short,
BEST PRESIDENT EVER!
Your God appreciates your worship.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
thats what freedom looks like.
the freedom to be stupid.

Ugly aint it?
Having said that, if you start declaring things too stupid to exist and make them disappear you have just started a dictatorship and thats much worse.
Let be people stupid. its their right.
If you dont like a particular dickhole on the forums (are there are many) just skip over their threads. or put them on your ignore list and you won't even see them.
This is something that has also bothered me the last 4 years. I'm just glad someone else noticed. I think it's more than stupidity. It honestly feels as if their titles and threads have a more malicious intent. Why else would they keep bumping the topics after repeatably being proven wrong? The bad thing is the people doing the proving keep bumping the damn topics much to the OP's delight.

Reactions: Leeea

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
This is something that has also bothered me the last 4 years. I'm just glad someone else noticed. I think it's more than stupidity. It honestly feels as if their titles and threads have a more malicious intent. Why else would they keep bumping the topics after repeatably being proven wrong? The bad thing is the people doing the proving keep bumping the damn topics much to the OP's delight.
yeah part of its trolling, part of its pushing an agenda.
if somebody says something that seriously bugs you, dont assume they're a moron. assume they are trolling. and ignore them. trolls need attention. dont feed 'em.

Reactions: balloonshark

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Well, he did say "lets talk about Ukraine getting into NATO" to which Putin answered :I dont wanna talk about that.

Dominos : Navalny dies -> smack down in eastern Ukraine.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Been good so far.

Excellent with pandemic and vaccination program.

Recovery act was big.

Still waiting for accomplishments on Infrastructure and protecting voting rights.

Get those done, then he's excellent

Knock down Russian and Chinese aggression, prosecute MAGA insurrectionists and other domestic terrorists and he's hit it out of the park.

Last edited:

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Biden's crew has a labelling problem. They can freely run things their way even if its contrary to common sense and blatantly anti-science with labelling. This is a labeling trick, it’s called lying.
OK.
I've noticed for a while now the people in America calling themselves conservatives have been using the label game to push their agenda. They put a label on just about everything then either blindly attack or blindly defend the stereotypes of that label to advance their agenda.
And it works well because their support base doesn't ask questions or use critical thinking skills. They arent even conservatives. they just label themselves conservatives because it sounds nice. in reality they are reactionaries and they cherry pick their positions to best suit whatever makes them rich and powerful. But that dont sound quite so nice.

MadRat

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
OK.
I've noticed for a while now the people in America calling themselves conservatives have been using the label game to push their agenda. They put a label on just about everything then either blindly attack or blindly defend the stereotypes of that label to advance their agenda.
And it works well because their support base doesn't ask questions or use critical thinking skills. They arent even conservatives. they just label themselves conservatives because it sounds nice. in reality they are reactionaries and they cherry pick their positions to best suit whatever makes them rich and powerful. But that dont sound quite so nice.
Kind of like the people in America calling themselves liberals have been using the insult game to push their agenda. They put an ad hominem on just about everything then either blindly attack or blindly defend the stereotypes of that label to advance their agenda.

• Haha
Reactions: Burpo

compcons

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2004
Kind of like the people in America calling themselves liberals have been using the insult game to push their agenda. They put an ad hominem on just about everything then either blindly attack or blindly defend the stereotypes of that label to advance their agenda.
I would be interested in some examples of this. Care to elaborate?

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003

Not really, but can you appreciate at all why it's so hilarious to hear right wingers call other people 'snowflakes'? Trump, a foul mouthed pig of person, disgraced his office and the country with name calling, bullying and intimidation on a regular basis over four years. Those of you who didn't applaud stuck to dismissive excuses for Trump's irrational and petty behavior. Wasn't just insults and taunts, he advocated violence towards people that disagreed with him let's remember. Just imagine how upset you sensitive pusswads would be if the liberals resorted to a violent insurrection to undermine democracy.

But the "Fuck Your Feelings" crowd thinks liberals have been too mean to their feels in trying to advance their agenda? Awww. Your fixation on blindness is telling, goes with the projection I guess because you clearly can't see a damn thing. I recommend extracting your head, being less of a pussy in general. Good luck.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Thanks for proving my point.

The very large group of people calling themselves conservatives (who arent actually conservative) also have been making a habit of calling anyone who does not blindly fall in with their strict belief system a "Liberal". Then they attack the "liberal" with very generic straw man arguments in a pattern thats so well established a smart person can actually predict what they are going to say.

The "liberal" doesn't even exist in reality, Not as the pundits describe it. Its a fictional being used to instill fear in potential voters and because those people are already so fearful and cowardly, the mental image usually provokes a strong response.

Very few people in America refer to themselves as "liberal" anymore but the "liberal" is somehow an imminent and eminent threat the "Right" must always be on the lookout to stop. Thank god the wonderful and holy Tucker Carlson is around to keep up updated on "The Liberals" movements and whereabouts.

And for reference:

The American "conservative" has been fantastic at this method. As evident by your post.

MadRat

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Not really, but can you appreciate at all why it's so hilarious to hear right wingers call other people 'snowflakes'? Trump, a foul mouthed pig of person, disgraced his office and the country with name calling, bullying and intimidation on a regular basis over four years. Those of you who didn't applaud stuck to dismissive excuses for Trump's irrational and petty behavior. Wasn't just insults and taunts, he advocated violence towards people that disagreed with him let's remember. Just imagine how upset you sensitive pusswads would be if the liberals resorted to a violent insurrection to undermine democracy.

But the "Fuck Your Feelings" crowd thinks liberals have been too mean to their feels in trying to advance their agenda? Awww. Your fixation on blindness is telling, goes with the projection I guess because you clearly can't see a damn thing. I recommend extracting your head, being less of a pussy in general. Good luck.
Someone projecting by accusing strangers of projection. /Golf clap

MadRat

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
I would be interested in some examples of this. Care to elaborate?
This subforum seems to have lost its way. The self-described liberals come full of insults. The same liberals throw labels casually around as if they are better than anyone they oppose. Boy has this subforum turned into a house of trolls.

/fixed the spell checker changing my intended message

Last edited:

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
This subforum seems to have lost its way. The self-deceived liberals come full of insults. The same liberals throw labels casually around as if they are better than anyone they oppose. Boy has this subforum turned into a house of trolls.
You've spent too much time in the hot sun husking corn.

MadRat

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
You've spent too much time in the hot sun husking corn.
You got an 'F' in Jokes 101, didn't you? When I watch you partisan types go after each other I have to give the self-described conservative types credit for generally having a funny sense of humor. Liberal types just fall lame in that department and generally talk about breaking shit.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
You got an 'F' in Jokes 101, didn't you? When I watch you partisan types go after each other I have to give the self-described conservative types credit for generally having a funny sense of humor. Liberal types just fall lame in that department and generally talk about breaking shit.
It’s funny when asked for sources or examples in this thread you ignored those requests. Your willful disregard for actual meaningful engagement is clear. Plonk.