Betsy DeVoss interview: Why is she qualified to be Education Secretary besides being rich and white?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
u high on prunes old man?

no1 here makes real arguments when challenged

neoliberal echo chamber
I just can't compete with your massive erroneous ramblings, oh enlightened one. Continue the off base insults, it's really working for ya. High on prunes, lol...old man...lol.

You can get back on track by reading the last few posts, and where you started incorrectly quoting me. But, do yourself a favor and wait until you sober up a bit.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
You high bruh?

He's doing duh-versionary trolling.

Betsy DeVos is Sec of Education because she wanted to be & because her family contributes mightily to the GOP. Trump doesn't care about education. He loves the uneducated.

Giving Betsy what she wants insures their support for his re-election campaign & gives him a marker for future business dealings. It's all that matters. Their kind of Rich is a step up from his own & he wants into that level.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
So once again, nothing. I called him out on being a racist which is what he was being. Feel free to let me know at any time what else I was doing, I genuinely am curious now. Or respond back with cryptic nonsense because you’ve got nothing, whatever you want.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
So once again, nothing. I called him out on being a racist which is what he was being. Feel free to let me know at any time what else I was doing, I genuinely am curious now. Or respond back with cryptic nonsense because you’ve got nothing, whatever you want.

You're considered a one-note joke. Clear enough?

Reactions: Meghan54

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
:rolleyes:

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
It's not cryptic. You're either being intentionally daft, or worse, simply dont get it. I think it's intentional.

What you're claiming is racism in this thread, isnt racism. White people dont suffer from systematic oppression in this country, hence the comment was mocking white people for feeling oppressed, claiming oppression, etc...

Mar 11, 2004
For the people wondering, no, I think UglyCasanova legitimately doesn't understand.

Let me explain. Its not racist because its implying that Turmp is racist. As in, he strongly values his appointees being white (hence the "only qualifications being white and rich"). They're not saying anything about her being white being negative, so no clue where you're getting this "people so racist around here" bull crap.

I'd assume you were trying to threadcrap and derail it since it shows blatantly how fucking disgustingly incompetent for that position she is, but hey, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Probably not a good idea, but hopefully you're not someone that bitches about things being "too PC" these days but then whines about it more than anyone like too many people taking similar ideological positions to yours on here.

Last edited:

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
do u cucks not understand how govt works? Children understand more.. You collect the bribes after you leave office, so it appears less corrupt to the drooling morons.

Clintons went from stealing the wh silverware to having 100s of millions.

Obama will do the same.
cucks.

Take a shot!

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
What you're claiming is racism in this thread, isnt racism. White people dont suffer from systematic oppression in this country, hence the comment was mocking white people for feeling oppressed, claiming oppression, etc

He claimed I was "doing something", that doesn’t explain the hidden agenda of what I was doing. I’m still curious as to what that was.

That aside, like I said earlier it being sarcasm or what have you is a faily lame excuse to hide behind. It is what it is, racist. Mocking white people. Got it.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
He claimed I was "doing something", that doesn’t explain the hidden agenda of what I was doing. I’m still curious as to what that was.

That aside, like I said earlier it being sarcasm or what have you is a faily lame excuse to hide behind. It is what it is, racist. Mocking white people. Got it.

I agree, there’s a lot of blatant racism that goes on here. If it was changed from white to black there would assuredly be bans going on.
Keep trying to claim ignorance. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

That's not racist. It's equivalent to fuck your feels. Feels good, doesn't it.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
For the people wondering, no, I think UglyCasanova legitimately doesn't understand.

Let me explain. Its not racist because its implying that Turmp is racist. As in, he strongly values his appointees being white (hence the "only qualifications being white and rich"). They're not saying anything about her being white being negative, so no clue where you're getting this "people so racist around here" bull crap.

I'd assume you were trying to threadcrap and derail it since it shows blatantly how fucking disgustingly incompetent for that position she is, but hey, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Probably not a good idea, but hopefully you're not someone that bitches about things being "too PC" these days but then whines about it more than anyone like too many people taking similar ideological positions to yours on here.
Good honest try.

UC clearly needs a follow the bouncing ball edition by Dr. Seuss. His tiny brain can't differentiate mocking white people vs mocking someone who only hires white people even if unqualified or corrupt.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Did this morbid puppet have a name change? He's on my ignore list but I don't remember putting anyone by that name on it and I have a very short ignore list (six user names) and only started using ignore when agent00f crapped every single thread.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
Keep trying to claim ignorance. :rolleyes:

If someone were to say "How did Ben Carson get his job other than he’s black" do you deny they’d get banned? I’m not sure what you’re trying to prove here but damn you’re persistent at if, if not vague and cryptic.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
If someone were to say "How did Ben Carson get his job other than he’s black" do you deny they’d get banned? I’m not sure what you’re trying to prove here but damn you’re persistent at if, if not vague and cryptic.

You had to seize on the "White" remark to have any argument at all. Setting that aside, why do you defend her appointment at all? It's not like she was picked because she has any core competence to lead her department. If Trump cared about education she wouldn't be Secretary. It's the same with Carson as Sec of housing. He's every bit as clueless as DeVos.

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
I’ve never defended her appointment..?
I think this is probably the thing. She was probably the cabinet member most threatened in the appointment process. There were republican senators who had concerns at her complete lack of knowledge of the topic at hand. I watched some of those senate hearings; they were brutal. Absolutely brutal. Its like going to a mechanic and he can't tell you basic facts about what an alternator is or something.

At the end of the day, I hope perhaps the dilbert principle is at play here. That's really probably all I think that is going in her favor at this time point.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
You had to seize on the "White" remark to have any argument at all. Setting that aside, why do you defend her appointment at all? It's not like she was picked because she has any core competence to lead her department. If Trump cared about education she wouldn't be Secretary. It's the same with Carson as Sec of housing. He's every bit as clueless as DeVos.
So the one place Trump could put his only black guy is head of HUD?? No token stereotyping there huh?? Yeah I said it. Not a racist statement itself but delving into the mind of Trump, it's how he thinks.

And Ben is completely clueless. He's smart at the one thing he does, brain surgeon. Doesn't mean he can rewire my house or run a large government organization.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I’ve never defended her appointment..?
But you refused to answer the question how she got the job. Since you brought up Ben Carson he would have been more qualified because of his science background then BDV. Not that he could necessarily do that job either.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
New troll is boring, and UC is willfully ignorant. So this thread delivers.

Betsy. What is there to say other than the position was for sale and she bought it. It's possible she didn't expect this level of attention to the role, plenty of cabinet positions don't get this level of scrutiny, but she sure as shit knows it by now.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Wrong. You are being willfuly daft cause you think you have an angle to call out libtards.. you have since realized you do not but in best trump style you choose to double down on stupid. dishonest and crappy performance. ew.
If Carson was working under Obama and Obama had a history of only hiring black people then no that statement wouldnt be racist either. Now stop it you are embarrising your self.