Betsy DeVoss interview: Why is she qualified to be Education Secretary besides being rich and white?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
What racist thing is that? I've looked, cant find it. Bait for what? Well you posted didnt you?

Racist as in a jab at whites people for no ther reason than it’s the cool thing to do. If I started a thread saying "How did Ben Carson get his job other than he’s black" you people would lose your shit and I’d be banned. It’s racist.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Except the comment is satire. Yeesh UC, read up on sarcasm. White people like to cry oppression, but much of the time is just snowflakes being babies.

And now back to the OP. As a father of at least one children with learning disabilities, Devos and conservatives in general dont fit my idea of facilitating advancement and education for all.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
Except the comment is satire. Yeesh UC, read up on sarcasm. White people like to cry oppression, but much of the time is just snowflakes being babies.

Seems like a pretty lame excuse to wiggle out of racism to me. I don’t feel like I’m oppressed, I feel like several of the posters on here are racist.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Getting $millions in bribes for being out of work sounds like a pretty good gig but what does it have to do with the present govt?
That's the derp state, Obama was a derp state plant...he's getting bribed to go have fun. He's terrorist fist jabbing everyone he sees, gave his fake kids back to their parents, and burned his faux birth certificate.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Seems like a pretty lame excuse to wiggle out of racism to me. I don’t feel like I’m oppressed, I feel like several of the posters on here are racist.
Read the post. Its not like it's hard. And now back to your regularly scheduled safe space.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Racist as in a jab at whites people for no ther reason than it’s the cool thing to do. If I started a thread saying "How did Ben Carson get his job other than he’s black" you people would lose your shit and I’d be banned. It’s racist.
Oooooh... its the title that offends you... the title is actually calling out trumps admin as racist... are you telling me its racist to point out something racist? Is it the same logic that applies to the steele dossier that makes hillary the one to collude with russia, not trump? Is this logic called a "Crazy Ivan" perhaps"?

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
I agree, there’s a lot of blatant racism that goes on here. If it was changed from white to black there would assuredly be bans going on.

I’m not following. My post called him out for being racist, which he was being. If I was doing something else I’d be really curious to know what it was.

Bullshit, the bold gives away the real target of your post. Lying really isn't very becoming.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
you’re still going to need to be more clear because I’m still not following

Certainly not being willfully ignorant, are you? Of course not........... :rolleyes:

BTW....you'd type "CLEARER" much faster than "MORE CLEAR". Clearer is faster and more efficient to type, and actually preferred grammatically.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Everyone already knew she wasn't qualified...

Did you know that citi bank picked Obama's entire cabinet. They weren't qualified either...
Did you know you just lied your ass off.

If everyone already knew why didn't Trump know it?

unseenmorbidity

Golden Member
Nov 27, 2016
Read the post. Its not like it's hard. And now back to your regularly scheduled safe space.
do u cucks not understand how govt works? Children understand more.. You collect the bribes after you leave office, so it appears less corrupt to the drooling morons.

Clintons went from stealing the wh silverware to having 100s of millions.

Obama will do the same.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
do u cucks not understand how govt works? Children understand more.. You collect the bribes after you leave office, so it appears less corrupt to the drooling morons.

Clintons went from stealing the wh silverware to earning 100s of millions.

Obama will do the same.

Autism Speaks.

Reactions: Meghan54

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

Clintons went from stealing the wh silverware to having 100s of millions.

Obama will do the same.
And you claim to pay attention? How about you start...now.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I'll answer the question. Trump's cabinet/top reports have been filled with a lot of unqualified/corrupt people. However one thing they all have in common is they are almost all white.

I noted a few months ago that Trump's cabinet/direct reports seems to be missing people of color. It seem only to reflect the people Trump hangs with vs representing America. I was told Trump hiring almost all white people didn't mean anything because he is choosing the people he thinks are the best qualified.

Trump's turnover is 3x the highest in presidential modern history so we know his hiring practices have been problematic at best.

Now back to Betsy. She has zero experience as an educator. Zero experience in running a large educational institution. She does however have a history of being an advocate for school voucher programs and charter schools in Michigan. Betsy stated if charter schools and school choice are implemented public schools get better. Fast forward to Lesley Stahl's questioning. LS asked BDV if she knew the state of Michigan schools, she didn't. When told Michigan schools have gotten worse she seemed dumbfounded. BDV also admitted never visiting said failing schools.

Now to the accusation of racism in the OP. I was not denigrating BDV for being white. My criticism was for the person who chose her considering her stark lack of qualifications. I asked other then being rich and white in light of that interview and other dumb things she has said (HBCs created from school choice) what are her qualifications? I'm suggesting if Trump expand his horizon past almost all white people he might just find some real qualified, dignified, honest candidates.

I have yet to have anyone answer the question, if everyone knew she was unqualified why didn't Trump know?