Beto: We only have ten years on earth left if we don't address climate change.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Do they ever get tired of spreading alarmist FUD? From what I've seen the earth hasn't been warming in a solid ~15 years. Polar bears aren't going extinct. The arctic ice has not melted away as they predicted years ago. Like I've said here, it used to be the right that was good at creating a boogeyman and exploiting it for votes. Today the left has leap frogged the right in this. While we need to care for the planet and be mindful of what we do, their predictions about climate change over the previous decades are just not coming true. Seems many Democrat candidates feel they have to keep going further and further left to have a shot in the primary, like I've said the Democrats have gone far left as of late. Radicalism is the new norm for them.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/be...et-on-earth-if-we-dont-address-climate-change

The title of the very article you linked to exposes your thread title as materially false. That's trolling. This is your 7th instance of posting an intentionally misleading thread title.

Perknose
Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 4, 2009
While I’m suspect of the “tipping point” some scientists speak about, Beto did not say all life will end when you read the news from anything other than fox or storm front or a handful of despicable news networks.
He said:

The 46-year-old O'Rourke called climate change "the mother of all challenges."
Scientists "say there are still 10 years left to us, to free ourselves from a dependence on fossil fuels, to transition to renewable energy,... to do everything we can to set the example for the world and once again take our rightful role as the indispensable country, convening the other powers on this planet, together to do what otherwise is impossible, to keep us warming from another two or three degrees and ending life as we know it in some many parts of this country and of this world," O'Rourke said.

Many Republican officials believe the threat is exaggerated and proposals from Democrats offered as solutions would wreck the economy.

He is not saying all life will cease, he is saying that past that point there will be irresible damage to the climate.
In other words he is selling an idea with a date that cannot be proven. Kind of like the President does
@SlowSpyder I’ll give the same answer you gave regarding the President. Beto is just trolling guys like you to watch their heads explode

Screen capture from search regarding this claim

zvEiHsO.jpg

ecogen

Golden Member
Dec 24, 2016
Beto lives in your head rent free slow, stop falling his trolling so easily.

Reactions: nickqt

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
While I’m suspect of the “tipping point” some scientists speak about, Beto did not say all life will end when you read the news from anything other than fox or storm front or a handful of despicable news networks.
He said:

He is not saying all life will cease, he is saying that past that point there will be irresible damage to the climate.
In other words he is selling an idea with a date that cannot be proven. Kind of like the President does
@SlowSpyder I’ll give the same answer you gave regarding the President. Beto is just trolling guys like you to watch their heads explode

Screen capture from search regarding this claim

zvEiHsO.jpg

So if we keep going the direction we're going for the next 10 years, then we'll destroy the earth? Because the quote I see under the first link in your screen shot says that. And I absolutely don't believe it and it does not change the point at all, that the Democrats are using FUD for votes, fear mongering.

Feb 4, 2009
So if we keep going the direction we're going for the next 10 years, then we'll destroy the earth? Because the quote I see under the first link in your screen shot says that. And I absolutely don't believe it and it does not change the point at all, that the Democrats are using FUD for votes, fear mongering.

Damage will be irreversible he’s trolling you. Reminder what you said yesterday, I’m not kidding this is the same type of thing

https://forums.anandtech.com/thread...very-fine-people.2564559/page-6#post-39805802

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000

Well he might be wrong and it 15 years or so. And he's wrong if he says we'll destroy the Earth. Lifeless perhaps and that will take longer to happen than 10 years. Ultimately is we don't act the sixth great extinction event will turn into the second Great Dying, but that might not start until 10 years and day or so.

Your ignorance isn't surprising

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Do they ever get tired of spreading alarmist FUD? From what I've seen the earth hasn't been warming in a solid ~15 years. Polar bears aren't going extinct. The arctic ice has not melted away as they predicted years ago. Like I've said here, it used to be the right that was good at creating a boogeyman and exploiting it for votes. Today the left has leap frogged the right in this. While we need to care for the planet and be mindful of what we do, their predictions about climate change over the previous decades are just not coming true. Seems many Democrat candidates feel they have to keep going further and further left to have a shot in the primary, like I've said the Democrats have gone far left as of late. Radicalism is the new norm for them.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/be...et-on-earth-if-we-dont-address-climate-change
You are a Fox News shill and a tool spouting conservative propaganda. As usual,

Avoid all threads started by SlowSpyder. DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
You are a Fox News shill and a tool spouting conservative propaganda. As usual,

Avoid all threads started by SlowSpyder. DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!

It's his reason to be, that's for sure, but he has a right to post IMO as outlandish as he is. Individually we could use the ignore feature but that wouldn't be sufficient in curtailing nonsense.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
First thought "that does seem a little over-the-top". Then I read the linked article and of course he didn't actually say what Fox and the OP say he said.

It's a weirdly-specific made-up quote at that - 'left on earth' is a very odd form of words - it suggests we are going to go someplace else, rather than die off. Even if he had wanted to say something so overwrought would he really have said it that way. It actually sounds like the sort of thing a seriously religious person would say.

The dishonesty among Trumpians is increasingly shameless.

OP gets their ignorance about climate science in there as well. Lies _and_ stupidity in one post.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Haha another clear lie. Yet again we see strong evidence that absolutely nobody thinks conservatives are stupider than the people who make conservative media.

It’s both funny and sad that conservatives hate liberals in part because they think k liberals look down on them. Trust me, liberals don’t think you’re one tenth as stupid as conservative elites do.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Haha another clear lie. Yet again we see strong evidence that absolutely nobody thinks conservatives are stupider than the people who make conservative media.

It’s both funny and sad that conservatives hate liberals in part because they think k liberals look down on them. Trust me, liberals don’t think you’re one tenth as stupid as conservative elites do.

Remember we aren't talking about intelligence as a factor with him but where he fits on the scale of noxious creatures. Stink bug comes to mind.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Remember we aren't talking about intelligence as a factor with him but where he fits on the scale of noxious creatures. Stink bug comes to mind.

While I agree he’s clearly acting in bad faith he also doesn’t seem terribly bright.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
First thought "that does seem a little over-the-top". Then I read the linked article and of course he didn't actually say what Fox and the OP say he said.

It's a weirdly-specific made-up quote at that - 'left on earth' is a very odd form of words - it suggests we are going to go someplace else, rather than die off. Even if he had wanted to say something so overwrought would he really have said it that way. It actually sounds like the sort of thing a seriously religious person would say.

The dishonesty among Trumpians is increasingly shameless.

OP gets their ignorance about climate science in there as well. Lies _and_ stupidity in one post.

A threat of an irreversible scenario is real and the timeframe is probably around a generation to reverse what we've done, not just start on a fifty-year timeframe and I have gone over this in some detail elsewhere. The problem we have is manifold in terms of human responses, but Slow is in the "disconnect from reality" mode. The Earth isn't going to end until its ultimately eroded within the future red giant sun, and possibly even then a portion remains as rubble until the end of the universe. Of course we will be long gone, but besides Slow and his ilk there's no one who would use that in an argument about global warming.