Beto: We only have ten years on earth left if we don't address climate change.

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I know, we’ll done steak slathered in ketchup is the way Kings eat.

Hail Trump #MAGA
Lunches at the White House catered by McDonald's, lol...oh yeah, those republicans seem to not realize what they've established themselves as.

Elect an obese Yosemite Sam, who's traded in his guns for an unsecured Twitter phone. But wait, that guy over there eats tacos different!

Reactions: Fanatical Meat

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
@SlowSpyder @compuwiz1 @imported_tajmahal

The three of you stated or implied Beto is using fear for votes (which I sort of agree with but that’s a different topic)
Is the President using fear for votes or does he believe Parents & Doctors are conspiring to kill new born babies?
Kinda quiet in here. Just a conservative concerned about tacos.

I'm getting the feeling conservatives aren't sincere about FUD since they don't seem to mind their extremist FUD rhetoric.

pmv

Diamond Member
May 30, 2008
Do you have a peer reviewed paper backing that assertion? Google Scholar can be used to search for this information.

I found the abstract from this paper interesting:

This relatively recently published paper predicts some negative impact but nothing in the ballpark of your assertion.

Here is the abstract from another peer reviewed paper that appears to directly contradict your assertion:

Here is the google scholar search I used to find the abstracts referenced above.

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?hl=en&as_sdt=0,50&q=climate+change+effects&btnG=&oq=climate+change+e

I am genuinely curious where all of the end of world predictions are coming from. If this is coming from the peer reviewed literature I would be interested in reading it.

Working out the consequences of any given level of warming is obviously bloody difficult. You are going from relatively well-understood physics to botany, zoology, and, worse, sociology and politics.

Pluses and minuses aren't necessarily going to simply cancel out, when the minuses are inflicted on some groups of people and the pluses on others. Humans seem quite good at magnifying instability. If there's a backlash against immigration now, what is it going to be like when entire countries are subject to desertification?

Human history appears to be full of massive political and social crisies that partly resulted from rapid physical changes. The fall of the Roman Empire, the Anlgo-Saxon incursions to the British isles, etc.

I'm less bothered about the impact on the polar bears than the impact on humans. We seem to have a tendency to turn on each other when things get tough.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Working out the consequences of any given level of warming is obviously bloody difficult. You are going from relatively well-understood physics to botany, zoology, and, worse, sociology and politics.

Pluses and minuses aren't necessarily going to simply cancel out, when the minuses are inflicted on some groups of people and the pluses on others. Humans seem quite good at magnifying instability. If there's a backlash against immigration now, what is it going to be like when entire countries are subject to desertification?

Human history appears to be full of massive political and social crisies that partly resulted from rapid physical changes. The fall of the Roman Empire, the Anlgo-Saxon incursions to the British isles, etc.

I'm less bothered about the impact on the polar bears than the impact on humans. We seem to have a tendency to turn on each other when things get tough.
Oh but consider that people are supporting a mechanism by which humans will not turn on anyone ever again. Always look on the bright side of death.

Feb 4, 2009
@compuwiz1 this applies to you from earlier

Do you believe Mothers, Fathers and Doctors are killing babies moments after they are born.

The President thinks so.
There is no way I’m sitting out on this cycle. The President sells fear. I’m perfectly fine with Beto selling fear.
@compuwiz1 @SlowSpyder @imported_tajmahal

You guys have stated or implied Beto is using fear to get votes, is the President using fear to get votes in the video?

or

Does the President believe Parents & Doctors conspire to kill new born babies?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
"The sky is falling!!"

"The SKY is FALLING"

"THE SKY IS FALLING"

Says Chicken Little Beato
Is that what all the brown children say when they look up and see the grenades that you have tossed in their direction?

Kind of sick of you to repeat that like this, as if it gives you some perverse arousal.

ASK THE COMMUNITY