Bethesda making Indiana Jones.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Indiana Jones is a sort of weird IP for videogames, since I feel that the "Tomb Raiding" niche is already fully occupied by that eponymous series.

Reactions: Igo69

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
If we're lucky it will be more than simple tomb raiding. Maybe a big beautiful sandbox game with Indy as the hero.

Fallen Kell

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
It is hard to say if this will be good or bad. As stated above, there are already some very good games that essentially cover what people would expect an Indiana Jones game would be. Between "Tomb Raider", and "Uncharted", most of what we might expect are fairly well covered.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
I'd be shocked if it ended up being more than some generic "go here and get this" game, like Death Stranding but the character has a wide-brim fedora and a whip.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
I'm confused as to what the game would be about or employ what hasn't already been done to death. Indy went hunting for lost treasures so he could store them in a massive secure warehouse or museum and occasionally killed a lot of nazis. How that translates to me, is delving into dungeons/ruins looking for loot to pawn off somewhere (merchants/quest givers/etc.) while killing bad guys who try to get in your way. This formula has been done to death, especially by Bethesda games. The more I think about it, that's pretty much all that Bethesda has put out in the last 15 years or so, but I just can't grasp what they would be going for with a new IP that features many of the same mechanics that already exist in most of their other series.

DeathReborn

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 2005
It is hard to say if this will be good or bad. As stated above, there are already some very good games that essentially cover what people would expect an Indiana Jones game would be. Between "Tomb Raider", and "Uncharted", most of what we might expect are fairly well covered.

It's Bethesda, given their recent track record it's gonna be bad.

Reactions: Igo69

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
I'm confused as to what the game would be about or employ what hasn't already been done to death. Indy went hunting for lost treasures so he could store them in a massive secure warehouse or museum and occasionally killed a lot of nazis. How that translates to me, is delving into dungeons/ruins looking for loot to pawn off somewhere (merchants/quest givers/etc.) while killing bad guys who try to get in your way. This formula has been done to death, especially by Bethesda games. The more I think about it, that's pretty much all that Bethesda has put out in the last 15 years or so, but I just can't grasp what they would be going for with a new IP that features many of the same mechanics that already exist in most of their other series.

-Maybe we're all thinking Indiana Jones and Bethsoft is thinking Wolfenstein III :p

Reactions: Stg-Flame

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
Between "Tomb Raider", and "Uncharted", most of what we might expect are fairly well covered.
Those two series have also set a pretty high standard for an Indiana Jones game. Hopefully MachineGames is up to the task (never played any of their games before).

Artorias

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
What's the point of this? I can already be Indiana Jones in the Elder Scrolls.

This is one of those games that you find in a $5 dollar discount bin at Walmart.

I guess if you have Microsoft as an owner you can throw money around on these movie properties.