Best way to rip Blu-Ray & DVD

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Alamat

Apr 30, 2003
Using MakeMKV here along with Handbrake to reduce file size considerably.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
I use a combination of AnyDVD HD, Handbreak, and MakeMKV for all my ripping/converting. Love it.

mamoto989

May 14, 2014
MakeMKV+Handbrake is great=) But it doesn't provide a 'two audio tracks' option or so as my partner speaks Spanish.
I tried and paid for a program named ByteCopy later, it well worth the ticket so far.

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013
MakeMKV can rip the entire disc and you can have handbrake add audio as you see fit.

Although I think it can already rip all the audio tracks attached to the main movie. I remember transcoding The Fighter with just the commentary track by mistake.

But if you're solution is working, that's great. I'm just pretty sure MakeMKV/Handbrake can do this thing you're saying it can't.

DesiPower

Lifer
Nov 22, 2008
Are there specific programs/hardware I have to purchase to burn Blu-Ray by any chance? Or is it even possible? Might be a noob question lol

Its just like DVD, you will need a BRD Burner optical drive on your computer and then just like DVD burning, you will need a burning software. Now, if are simply copying file or burning an ISO, again, just like DVD, windows can do it. But some thing like Nero or Roxio or others are always preferable.