Best way to meet a girl you dont even know?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zeon

Mar 20, 2001
you don't... seriously... youre in highschool, it's bloody unlikely to happen... unless you're reasonably tight with her social group all the cards are stacked against you... although there are things you can do:

first... get in with the friends... this is tres importante.. it sucks, but it's the bitter truth of highschool dating, but unless you go to a really huge school, you really have to have some common ground before you ask someone out.

get to know her a bit before you make any moves, if you see youre friends you know talking to her, go up and join the conversation if at all possible... just say hi to your friend, hi to her, introduce yourself and then let things go on naturally from there.

once you've achieved that, just talk to her casually a bit (say when you see her with mutual friends ect), guage the response... see if you catch a vibe, then one day stop her in the halls and say something like "hey, i know i don't know you very well, but i'd like to change that, want to have coffee some time?" except make it sound way less corny...

although there always is the straight out ballsy "hi, i'm _______ can i call you sometime mabye go out?" but that's risky unless you're the sort that can do that.. few guys really are... i know i'm not...

oh.. and you can always engineer situations.. like drop all youre classes and audit the ones she's taking.. that way you can stalk her/get to know her, so that way six months into your relaitionship when she finds out you were never really in any of her classes, she'll think it's "sweet" that you went to so much trouble to get to know her...

JImmyK

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
ROTFLMAO
HAHAHAHAHA u are some funnnnny S0B's

that drop pants and the one in her eye.

HAHAHAAH me and my lab partner are here tearing up in class, fing hilarious!!

Soccer55

Golden Member
Jul 9, 2000
Since you said that you pass her in the hallways, you could start by simply making eye contact and smiling or say hi when you see her. Then at least you have some sort of contact before you decide to go talk to her.

-Tom

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
ugh.. yeah.. some days i have the cajones.. some days i dont... its definitly not easy to just walk up to a random person.. having friends with you or behind u might help

it's called alcohol :)

<< her friend is your best friend. >>

unless her best friend likes you, or develops a crush on you after seeing how sweet you can be about a girl, and decides to sabotage any possible chance you have with the desired target girl, in the hopes of having you all to herself. this happened to a... uh... friend of mine.