Best Movie Car Chases?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

RJ45

Jul 31, 2001
Better Off Dead :: Well, it wasn't actually a car chase. It a bike going down a steep snowy mountain side after "two dollars" :)

Somecallmetim

Apr 19, 2001
I eould have to say just about any movie Remy Julienne did the stunt coordination for. He did the stunts in the original 1969 Italian Job. Most of his work is foriegn, but he did a good number of James Bond movies. Other movies I would suggest would be Le Guignolo and Love and Bullets. I can still remember a stunt he did on American TV (I think it was Thats Increadible!) when he flipped a car like 3 times front over end.

Salvador

Diamond Member
May 19, 2001
I changed my mind. I liked the car chase in "Driving Miss Daisy". ;)

The thing that I didn't like about the chase in the remake of "Gone in 60 seconds" was that it was fake. Too much CGI. Same with "Driven". I had high hopes for that movie and Stallone stunk it up.

Sal

Rudee

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
The move "Duel" about a psychotic truck driver with a nasty case of road rage

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Ronin ("I need something that can shove a little...Audi S8, with nitrous":)), Bourne Identity & Italian Job (gotta love the use of tiny cars!) and also a few of the car chase scenes in older Bond movies (bond theme + car chase = pwnage!)

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001
i haven't seen all the ones people mention, but Ronin kicked my ass. Bourne Identity was good, as well. And of course, the Blues Brothers pwns all.

PCboy

Jul 9, 2001
I like the car scenes here:
Ronin
Bullitt
Vanishing Point
The Rock
Smokey and the Bandit
Thunder Road
The French Connection
Gone in 60 Seconds
The Fast and the Furious
The Road Warrior
The Best of the Rest
White Lightning
The Blues Brothers
To Live and Die in L.A.
Cannonball Run
Mad Max

MrCoffee

Sep 5, 2002
Blues Brothers (orig.)

Indiana Jones

Okay, okay, but I like it when Indy goes under the truck, then comes back & shoves the driver out the window. Too bad he didn't have a whip.

Or what about the 3rd IJ movie. After we see that Indy didn't fall over the cliff, he has this great expression when he's viewing the wreckage with everyone else. And then, of course, his hat blows in...