Question Best lower-powered SATA 2.5" SSDs for laptops? (Samsung EVO, QVO, Crucial MX500, BX500, Intel, etc?)

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Looking for quality, and low-power usage (longer/longest battery life with SSD installed). Unknown which model laptop, only that it's "older".

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
That's kind of what I was thinking I had heard. I don't normally use Samsung SSDs, because of the price premium, but I've got a thread over in Laptops, that I have a chance to do an upgrade on someone's "work" laptop, and I thought that I would do things the "right way", and not use the cheapest branded SSD that I can find (as I might do for a consumer basic-browser laptop that might need a lift).

I have some Crucial MX500 500GB and I think one 250GB "in stock", as well as some off-brand ("Kodak", by Emtec) 480GB SSDs. (I don't think that I want to use the Kodak SSDs for a work laptop, no offense to Emtec, but the reviews just weren't good enough for me.)

But I thought that I had read that MX500 SSDs, while very reliable, were not super power/battery-efficient. Whereas, the Samsung were more optimized along those lines. Intel, I have no idea. I have one 256GB 545s, which is said to be Intel's equivalent to the Samsung EVO TLC V-NAND SSDs.

• Haha
Reactions: killster1