Best joke ever.

Page 59 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Once upon a time, there was a young boy, and this young boy was having his 10th birthday. His father thinking that it was an important day for his young lad, said to him, 'You can have anything that you want for your birthday'. The boy thought and thought. Finally, he said to his pop, "Dad, I want a green golf ball." The man was surprised a bit, but decided to humour his son. And so, the boy recieved 1 green golf ball for his 10th birthday.

On this boy's 13th birthday, when he hit his teens, the father once again walked up to the boy, and told him what he had before. The boy thought. And thought. Finally, he said, "Dad, I want 10 green golf balls." Now, the father was slightly curious about this, and he almost asked his son why. But then he decided that it was just youthfulness, and left it at that.

Upon graduating from High School, the boy was once again given that same offer by his father. He thought and thought and thought. Finally, he went up to his old man and said, "Dad, I want 100 green golf balls." Now, the father was very curious about this, and asked his son, finally, why he wanted the balls. The boy just said, "Dad! It's a secret!" The father backed down, and got the boy his balls.

When the boy graduated from college, his father once again offered him anything he wanted. Once again, the boy thought. Once again, the boy walked up to his father. He said, "Dad, I want 1000 green golf balls." The father decided that the boy knew how to live his life. But still he asked, "Why, son? Why do you want these green golf balls?" And once again, the boy said,"It's a secret, Dad!"

And then came the war. And the boy volunteered himself for his country. And when he came back in one piece, his father said, "Son, I will get you anything that you want!" And the boy thought. And thought. And he said, "Dad, I want 10,000 green golfballs." And the father could not hold back his question any longer. "Why? Why, son? Why do you need these green golf balls?" And the son looked at thim, and he said,"Dad, now, I told you that it was a secret. Please don't make me tell you." And the father backed off.

The boy got married. His father walked up to him, and offered him anything he would want on this joyous occasion. The boy thought and thought and thought. And thought. And, finally, he said,"Dad... I want 100,000 green golf balls..." And the father, keeping calm, asked why. Why the boy wanted so many green golf balls. And all the boy could do was look at his father, and say,"It's a secret." And the father kept silent.

Then, tragedy struck. There was a car accident. The boy was mortally injured. And the father went to see the son in his final hour. And he asked his son if there was anything he could get him. And the son whispered,"Father... Please get me 1,000,000 green golf balls..." And the father almost wept. He said,"Son, please tell me why you want these green golf balls..." And the son looked at his father, and he said, "Alright, dad..."

And then he died.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
hard to tell if this is a joke or not.
It's the greatest joke. Every word adds up to the greatest conclusion possible. Utter perfection. A masterpiece that will never be surpassed.

Everyone should read it, then read it again whenever they have time. The whole thing. Every single word. Otherwise it doesn't work.

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
It's the greatest joke. Every word adds up to the greatest conclusion possible. Utter perfection. A masterpiece that will never be surpassed.

Everyone should read it, then read it again whenever they have time. The whole thing. Every single word. Otherwise it doesn't work.

OK i know now that your joking :) good one

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
One of my life goals is to one day drum up enough will and interest to read that whole damn joke in its entirety.