Question Best GPU OEM when it comes to India?

noeljm

Jun 23, 2020
Hey, guys! I have been using a Zotac GTX 970 since the past 4 years and I'm looking to upgrade, what with the next gen Nvidia RTXs around the corner.

I would like to know what are some of the best GPU OEMs in India according to you guys.

I don't have a problem with Zotac per se, the 970 has been running like a charm with no issues whatsoever. However, I wish to know if there are better options out there especially when it comes to build quality and the RMA process (Price is not an issue).

Last edited:

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Nvidia: EVGA is the gold standard. Zotac, MSI are both excellent alternates.

AMD: Sapphire is the gold standard. XFX, Power color, MSI also put out pretty decent models.

Generally speaking most manufacturers will do you right with NV, as most coolers are designed for them.

You have to be a bit careful with AMD since some brands (Asus) will just use the NV cooler on an AMD card which can inhibit heat transfer.

I cannot speak to the cost differences between any of these in India, however.

Kuiva maa

May 1, 2014

AMD: Sapphire is the gold standard. XFX, Power color, MSI also put out pretty decent models.

Generally speaking most manufacturers will do you right with NV, as most coolers are designed for them.

You have to be a bit careful with AMD since some brands (Asus) will just use the NV cooler on an AMD card which can inhibit heat transfer.

I wouldn't say MSI has a particularly good recent radeon track record, would probably rank them dead last from all major radeon OEM. The last decent models i can remember where based on Granada 5 years ago (390X). MSI didn't even bother making custom Fury or Vega cards. I would buy a lightning radeon from them in a heartbeat but the last red such card I can remember was the 290X.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
I wouldn't say MSI has a particularly good recent radeon track record, would probably rank them dead last from all major radeon OEM. The last decent models i can remember where based on Granada 5 years ago (390X). MSI didn't even bother making custom Fury or Vega cards. I would buy a lightning radeon from them in a heartbeat but the last red such card I can remember was the 290X.

- Interesting, although I was thinking of only the current Navi cards, nothing prior to that. I recall MSI doing a pretty decent job with the 5700 series release. XFX actually messed up a bit with their THICC cards, but appear to have corrected whatever problems they had on more recent revisions.

Looking at some recent reviews, it looks like most 5700 coolers do a good job and it really comes down to a question of style with them.

noeljm

Jun 23, 2020

How I wish EVGA cards were easily available in India, I have heard so many good reviews about the company and their customer support. I don't mind going with Zotac again, considering their availability.

Now we just have to wait for the performance comparison between Nvidia's RTX 3000 series and AMD's Big Navi series.

Thank you for you input though, I'll keep a lookout for local distributors who sell EVGA cards.

mohit9206

Golden Member
Jul 2, 2013
Zotac is the best as it gives 5 years warranty. Inno3d and Galax are good budget options as well. Avoid Asus as they are simply too overpriced. I don't like the design of MSI. Gigabyte is fine as well.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
OEM cards would be considered founder editions, or FE.
I do not recommend them at all, unless you need absolute waterblock compatibility.

You are looking for secondary vendors who put customized heatsinks on the cards, and even down to customized PCB.
So i guess the question you are really asking is Vendor, and not OEM, as the OEM would be Nvidia, and Founder Editions.

noeljm

Jun 23, 2020
OEM cards would be considered founder editions, or FE.
I do not recommend them at all, unless you need absolute waterblock compatibility.

You are looking for secondary vendors who put customized heatsinks on the cards, and even down to customized PCB.
So i guess the question you are really asking is Vendor, and not OEM, as the OEM would be Nvidia, and Founder Editions.

Right. What would be your suggestion for a good vendor in the case of Nvidia?

aigomorla

Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Right. What would be your suggestion for a good vendor in the case of Nvidia?

Exactly what this person recommends..

EVGA is gold standard in America... although i hear mixed reviews about it in other countries.
Gigabyte / ASUS / MSI are all the same. If the cards work great, they are great, if you need a RMA, good luck.
MSI are known to be a bit more budget line, the cards are i feel lesser quality then Gigabyte / ASUS.
PNY Avoid.
Zotac i have a few cards, they have not let me down, i have not yet had to RMA one, so i cant speak out, but i do know Zotac uses a customed PCB, are not really mainstream, so if you want a waterblock for it, it will be difficult.

But honestly EVGA tends to over engineer everything in the FTW line.

If you want absolute best cooling / design / full temp monitoring, eVGA FTW is literally FTW (for the win), but not so much on your wallet as its about 20-30% more expensive for the card you get performance wise.

As for AMD, i like XFX, and i also like Sapphire, but honestly the last time i even bought an AMD card was probably way back long ago, that i do not know how the vendors for them act now as they have all changed.
Example... XFX used to allow replacement on stock heatsinks to aftermarket, but now i hear they do not allow that.

noeljm

Jun 23, 2020
Exactly what this person recommends..

EVGA is gold standard in America... although i hear mixed reviews about it in other countries.
Gigabyte / ASUS / MSI are all the same. If the cards work great, they are great, if you need a RMA, good luck.
MSI are known to be a bit more budget line, the cards are i feel lesser quality then Gigabyte / ASUS.
PNY Avoid.
Zotac i have a few cards, they have not let me down, i have not yet had to RMA one, so i cant speak out, but i do know Zotac uses a customed PCB, are not really mainstream, so if you want a waterblock for it, it will be difficult.

But honestly EVGA tends to over engineer everything in the FTW line.

If you want absolute best cooling / design / full temp monitoring, eVGA FTW is literally FTW (for the win), but not so much on your wallet as its about 20-30% more expensive for the card you get performance wise.

As for AMD, i like XFX, and i also like Sapphire, but honestly the last time i even bought an AMD card was probably way back long ago, that i do not know how the vendors for them act now as they have all changed.
Example... XFX used to allow replacement on stock heatsinks to aftermarket, but now i hear they do not allow that.

Thank you! Appreciate your help.

aigomorla

Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Thank you! Appreciate your help.

Go look up the card on Gamers Nexus on youtube.
Honestly they do a extremely well detailed disassembly of the card, and give a very good analysis.

That's where i usually goto when i want to buy something, to see if they have one taken apart and analyzed.