Best Buy Black Friday Deals

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Turin39789

Lifer
Nov 21, 2000
anyone know anything about the mp3 cd deck they are selling, I'm assuming it's not too great but i dont have nice speakers in my bug right now and my current deck is pretty crappy. I'm guessing for 50 bucks I can't do much worse

quick2k2ecotec

Nov 25, 2004
Originally posted by: blackwidow
I'm in Minneapolis and in my Friday/Saturday Best Buy ad have a Western Digital 160GB 7200RPM 8MB cache drive for $29.99 (after $60 and $30 rebates). Good deal? Anyone else have this?

Yes, that is a steal!

Salvador

Diamond Member
May 19, 2001
I'm in Minneapolis and in my Friday/Saturday Best Buy ad have a Western Digital 160GB 7200RPM 8MB cache drive for $29.99 (after $60 and $30 rebates). Good deal? Anyone else have this?
Yeah. It's a great deal! That's what I'm eyeing. I was hoping that it would come in stock online. This is the only thing that I'm interested in and I really don't feel like waiting in line at 4 am hoping that I'll get this drive. I don't how I missed it in the earlier rumor postings.

Sal

Turin39789

Lifer
Nov 21, 2000
anyone have any ideas on the mp3 cd player? Trying to decide to crash /order online/go down to get soe breakfast and head to best buy

CasmirRadon

Aug 24, 2004
Originally posted by: Salvador
Yeah. It's a great deal! That's what I'm eyeing. I was hoping that it would come in stock online. This is the only thing that I'm interested in and I really don't feel like waiting in line at 4 am hoping that I'll get this drive. I don't how I missed it in the earlier rumor postings.

Sal

Um, this drive is online at bestbuy's website RIGHT NOW at this price already, and has been for a day now.

jesusbonjovi

Jun 27, 2004
Originally posted by: CasmirRadon
Um, this drive is online at bestbuy's website RIGHT NOW at this price already, and has been for a day now.

According to the website as of right now says sold out and currently not available at any store also says rebate expores/must be purchased by tomorrow.... seems to me like a one day thing... maybe it will be possible to purchase online tomorrow or was available for purchase before and is sold out on the website...hmmm

Salvador

Diamond Member
May 19, 2001
It's been on the site for a day now at the sale price? Damn.. No wonder why it's OOS.

It's too cold to wait inline over at Beast Buy. If I wanted more than one hdd, I'd do it, but I'm not going over for just one thing.

Sal

JeffMD

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2002
currently standin in line for bb. there had to have been 200 for bb alone by 4am. would have posted earlier but we where locked outside in freezing weather the first hour. :/

mine digits!

JeffMD

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2002
checking out now. pretty much all the laptops and pcs were "sold" before doors opened. buttloads of 160gig hds and dlinks though. checkout lane is huge. ^^

Salvador

Diamond Member
May 19, 2001
currently standin in line for bb. there had to have been 200 for bb alone by 4am. would have posted earlier but we where locked outside in freezing weather the first hour. :/
Are you posting via a PDA?

I only wanted one thing and since I was up, I ventured over to my local BB. At 5 am, there must've been 200 people in line. I thought that there was no way that I'd get a hdd, so I just turned around and left. It's not worth sitting outside when it's so cold outside hoping that I'll get one item.

Sal

JeffMD

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2002
Yea, was one an axim 5 through bluetooth/phone. Braught it originaly to pass the 2 hours, joke was on me though when the first hour was spent outside in freezing (it was snowing) weather because the mall idiots wouldnt open the doors. That also made it hard to gauge the line, when i got there at 4 it was massive, but it was a line consisting of KB, BB, and prolly other stores too (KB opened at 5am too). But there was still a mess of people between me and bb when we got inside. For the popular low stock items like laptops and the $300 pc (or what ever it was), they had these onep age ad sheets and put the number of the item on it, and they simply handed out as many sheets as they had stock. Also this ment no one could buy these without a sheet. So they were sold before the doors opened. but when I got in, they had quite a bit of stock around, full tables of dlinks, hds, 80 million console controllers. Got the dlink thing and HD which I wanted, though I was dissapointed in the lack of any other cheap wifi devices. I need to find a usb .11g device now. They had a fully stocked linksys stand smack dab in the middle of everything with full priced stuff. :/

rocker68

Oct 29, 2004
Just got back from the local best buy. I should have known better than to enter when I saw tons of people leaving empty handed. I went in anyways.

Saw a very long line and figured it was for people checking out. Nope. It was a dedicated line for the computer and accessories section. Section was roped off. Line control. One way in, and only one way out. About a 3 hour wait, so I just left. If I had waited, probably by the time I got to the section, the few parts I went there for would have been sold out. Oh well. Got a starbucks on the way home, make things a little bit better!!!

sp80

Golden Member
Jul 3, 2003
I just got back from Best Buy as well.

Picked up 24 Season 1 DVD boxset for $13. You cant beat that.

Checkout lane was massive, so I just cut in front of some people and was out of there in less than 30 min :)

McPhreak

Diamond Member
Jul 28, 2000
Originally posted by: sp80
I just got back from Best Buy as well.

Picked up 24 Season 1 DVD boxset for $13. You cant beat that.

Checkout lane was massive, so I just cut in front of some people and was out of there in less than 30 min :)

How about $14 and the nice feeling that you got 9 hours of sleep last night. :)

$14 at Buy.com

hawksballer

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2004
I was at my best buy at 4am to make sure I got that laptop they had, I got that and the 160 hd, and was next in line when this Geek squad came up to me and moved me to the back of some other line GRRRRRRRRR I set in line for another 45 minutes!!!! I was planning to go to office max right after best buy but I did not get out of that mad house till 7:15!!!! and everything was gone by the time I got to office max!! Curse the incompetent geek squad!

tempuraki

Aug 28, 2003
Just got back and filled out rebate form for the Dynex DVD+Rs. Ran DVDInfo and was expecting some cheap CMC media code, but turned out to be RITEK R03! 50 of them for $6 is a good deal.

elkinm

Platinum Member
Jun 9, 2001
Does anyone know if the DVD-VCR combo has Macrovisioned output?

All my TVs either have no AV inputs or they automatically adjust the color/brightens so macrovisioned input does not work and I am not interested in an RF modulator.

Also, anybody know if its fast forward and reverse feature is any good. I noticed most late model players have very few settings and the jump instead of giving a smooth progression making it useless. I am looking for that that is almost as good as the PowerDVD capabilities.

Great deals all around.

Thanks

shurik92

Sep 17, 2004
Just got back from BB. I got there at 6:15 and walked right in picked up a 17" Samsung LCD and some memory sticks. The line seemed prety massive but it was moving prety quickly, I was in and out in 45 min. Not too bad over all but I still missed the Office Max FAR stuff. :(

BentValve

Diamond Member
Dec 26, 2001
I was there @ 5am and there was already 100 + people in line...the 40 laptops they had were long gone.

Went in at 6am and was out by 6:10 with a $20 D-Link router/ card combo

udonoogen

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2001
got there at 1030pm last night. was like the 70th person in line... probably more after ppl cut. no laptop ... but i picked up a dvd player, 24, will and grace, aladdin, dvd/vcr combo, and the toshiba home theater system. was out in 15 minutes. im glad because im sure the lines are pretty hectic now.

BentValve

Diamond Member
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by: udonoogen
got there at 1030pm last night. was like the 70th person in line... probably more after ppl cut. no laptop ... but i picked up a dvd player, 24, will and grace, aladdin, dvd/vcr combo, and the toshiba home theater system. was out in 15 minutes. im glad because im sure the lines are pretty hectic now.

Wow, was it worth it? :Q

I guess they started lining up at my nearby BB @ 9:30 the night before.

And I live in a small town.

Peter007

Platinum Member
May 8, 2001
I've GOT IT.............the Laptop that is!

I was there at 2:45am, and I was about the 40th person there :Q

The sale's manager was only giving out #30 laptops.
(just FIVE MORE over the 25 per store requirement)......
This was the far cry from the 100 laptops rumors to be @ this store :roll:

I was extremely lucky :) to get #27 of the 30 laptop certificate.

I drove to FRY's soon after, and even managed to find a parking lot 2 blocks away:
I saw a sea of cars and made a smart decision to park as far as possible.
It is 7:34am already, and there is still a very long line across the entire wharehouse

so I ask: Why are you all standing here, I thought the store open at 6am sharp?
There was a loud sigh follow by several head shakes from everyone,
"THIS IS THE LINE FOR GOING INTO THE STORE TO BROWSE!" :(

I quickly turn around and left!