BEST BAND..................

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Joyride

Golden Member
Apr 2, 2001
Blink Blows

Put me down for Staind for today's music

and for old school:

LED ZEPPLIN!!!!!!

They are gods

Give it up to Kiss to

EDIT: Honestly there are to many to name that are good in my book.

NuclearNed

Raconteur
May 18, 2001
I really like the Backstreet Boys. I think they are an unbeatable combination of complex guitar riffs, meaningful lyrics, and a slight throwback to the power bands of the mid to late 70's. Oh, sure, they have their detractors, but who hasn't caught themselves rockin' to "Everybody", or "As Long As You Love Me."

Wait a minute... did I just say "Backstreet Boys"?!?!?!?!?!!
Help me...please...

Sigity

Jan 29, 2001
I can't belive nobody has mentioned the greatest yet:

U2

still chuggin, still rockin.

sig.

tcamste

Jan 4, 2001
wow! this must be a very young crowd!

So... it's not surprising that no one has mentioned the band that made it all possible. The band that set the standard so high that whenever any 'greatest band' polls are posted, they are almost understood to be above and beyond any of the mere mortal bands. The band that seems to be overlooked, but in actuality, is so universally understood to be the greatest, that all others are only competing for second best. Of course, I am talking about the band so good... so omniprescient, so far above all others: The BEATLES.

Michael

Tauren

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2001
Korn had one good album, the rest suck ass. I vote for TOOL. They are original and they actually have a grasp of what it takes to create a real song.

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
I can't believe someone said Beastie Boys. They are not a "Band" they are a "Group". A "Band" (sometimes) has to have enough talent to play instruments. :)

Huey Lewis & the News
Kiss
Aerosmith
Jethro Tull
Extreme
Mr. Big
White Zombie
Prong

amish

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000
If you knew anything about the Beastie Boys music, i.e. part of Check Your Head or a lot of Ill Communication, you'd know that they do play some of their own stuff.

SackOfAllTrades

Diamond Member
May 7, 2000
I saw Beastie Boys play "Sabotage" live on SNL, I think two of the three were playing instruments.

Here's my list of bands

60s - The Beatles
70s - The Who/ACDC/Led Zepplin
80s - U2/Depeche Mode
90s - Pearl Jam/Oasis

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001

<< I can't believe someone said Beastie Boys. They are not a &quot;Band&quot; they are a &quot;Group&quot;. A &quot;Band&quot; (sometimes) has to have enough talent to play instruments. :)
>>

amish, they did play their own instruments back in the day. They were a really bad harcore punk band in the early 80's, then they saw the rap bandwagon and jumped on =].

Bigagt

Jul 10, 2001
you can't have a best abds thingy without listing pink floyd. They're expirimental sound has been repeating over and over again in history ever since their conception in the sixties.

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
Well, at least this is a personal &quot;best band&quot; thread. If it was most talented band ever, though, i would have to hit everyone who said Korn over the head with a hammer.

talent doesnt run with munky and the boys.