Benghazi - the gift that keeps on giving

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
Quoted from your article PJabber

but of course unless the administration just did a real time document dump of information coming in it's a cover up.

That quote doesn't confirm or deny shit. Of course they were trying to target Americans. Probably why they attacked an American embassy. That doesn't refute the claim that a video was the cause of this attack.

Agent11

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
Wondering when articles of impeachment are going to be brought before Obama. After all, we impeached Clinton for much, much less.

I had my doubts when the administration started lolly gagging and circling the wagons for nearly two weeks after the attack. All the while telling us it was spontaneous and had nothing to do with anything but a response to a video.

Guess we know more of the truth now.

Reading this I heard your IQ drop.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
Reading this I heard your IQ drop.

Why? Clinton was impeached for lying. That process redefined high crimes and misdemeanors.

The only thing keeping this from happening is that Obama let Hillary fall on the sword.

Lying to the American people would be considered by many to be a misdemeanor in the literal sense of the word.

Last edited:

openwheel

Platinum Member
Apr 30, 2012
so the OP believes Islamic Militant's words as factual intel?

Also the OP thinks such tragedy as "gifts"???

Someone please smack this guy on the head for me.

PJABBER

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
I guess from what you believe there is no way the administration wasn't involved in cover up unless they dumped the documents onto the media as they received them.

It wasn't just a cover up, it was a blatant and deliberate lie that was propagated through every news outlet they could get to by multiple high ranking Obama officials as well as the Obama himself.

There was no YouTube video outrage and they knew it from the start.

They spent weeks propagating that lie in a bid to seem sympathetic to Islamists and to dissuade the American public from understanding that the Obama strategy of embracing the so-called "Arab Spring" was nothing but a gamble on the whims of Islamists.

The funny thing is, the only world leader that is being honest about the Arab Spring is Vlad Putin. Why should we have to look to a guy like that for insight instead of our own government?

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
Why? Clinton was impeached for lying. That process redefined high crimes and misdemeanors.

The only thing keeping this from happening is that Obama let Hillary fall on the sword.

Good grief, what nonsense.

Clinton was impeached for perjury and obstruction of justice. Those charges have specific meanings.

Not telling the public the entire truth of what is going on is not perjury. In fact, flat out lying to the public is not perjury. You can be damned sure that every president in history has lied frequently and freely to the American public.

That "small detail" aside, I still don't see what this supposed "lie" is anyway. Can anyone explain it to me? Obama not coming out shrieking about terrorism five minutes after the attack does not constitute "lying" about it.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
Did you read about the communication?

"An initial e-mail was sent while the attack was still underway, and another that arrived two hours later"

We could have sent backup.

Obama may not be aware that we have things called aircraft carriers around that planes can take off and land from. Planes that can easily deliver help. Also, he may not be aware we have things called submarines that SEALs can be deployed from for such an event.

Of course this all relies on the Navy, ya know.

:sneaky:

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
That quote doesn't confirm or deny shit. Of course they were trying to target Americans. Probably why they attacked an American embassy. That doesn't refute the claim that a video was the cause of this attack.

Exactly. It's likely the administration was waiting for confirmation about what really happened and that President Obama didn't want to mention the e-mails until it was determined exactly what happened. And how much of a role (if any) the demonstrations from the video played into the terrorist's attack.

too bad it got politicized in the mean time.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Good grief, what nonsense.

Clinton was impeached for perjury and obstruction of justice. Those charges have specific meanings.

Not telling the public the entire truth of what is going on is not perjury. In fact, flat out lying to the public is not perjury. You can be damned sure that every president in history has lied frequently and freely to the American public.

That "small detail" aside, I still don't see what this supposed "lie" is anyway. Can anyone explain it to me? Obama not coming out shrieking about terrorism five minutes after the attack does not constitute "lying" about it.

Saying it was from mass protests in response to a video when they were watching it live.

Yeah, that's a pretty HUGE bald faced lie. This is obama's watergate. SURPRISE!

It's carter all over again.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
It wasn't just a cover up, it was a blatant and deliberate lie that was propagated through every news outlet they could get to by multiple high ranking Obama officials as well as the Obama himself. There was no YouTube video outrage and they knew it from the start. They spent weeks propagating that lie in a bid to seem sympathetic to Islamists and to dissuade the American public from understanding that the Obama strategy of embracing the so-called "Arab Spring" was nothing but a gamble on the whims of Islamists. The funny thing is, the only world leader that is being honest about the Arab Spring is Vlad Putin. Why should we have to look to a guy like that for insight instead of our own government?

so the demonstration was just members of the terrorist cell providing a distraction while the attack took place?

ok man. whatever you want to believe.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
Saying it was from mass protests in response to a video when they were watching it live.

Um, what? Obama was watching it live? Where did they say they were certain it was from mass protests only?

Where's the beef here? I'm not interested in your predictably fevered hysterics. Show me proof and I'll believe it. I see nothing here.

And you can't impeach a president because he lied to you. Sorry.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Wouldn't blaming the video be the attempted cover up?

The video hasn't been discounted as a factor in the attack
http://news.yahoo.com/intelligence-...late-attack-185343655--abc-news-politics.html
4 day old link
The latest intelligence assessment of the attack on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi indicates there was little if any pre-planning for it and that it was in part an opportunistic response to the protests at the U.S. Embassy in Cairo.

Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans were killed in the attack, which has become a political hot potato in the presidential campaign with questions over when the Obama administration called the attack an act of terrorism.

"Right now, there isn't any intelligence that the attackers pre-planned their assault days or weeks in advance," said a U.S. intelligence official.

"The bulk of available information supports the early assessment that the attackers launched their assault opportunistically after they learned about the violence at the U.S. Embassy in Cairo." But the official added that "no one is ruling out that some of the attackers may have aspired to attack the U.S. in Benghazi."

Additionally President Obama did say it wasn't just a demonstration that got out of hand as per PJabbers link in his post #122

Fourteen hours after the attack, President Obama sat down with Steve Kroft of "60 Minutes" for a previously scheduled interview and said he did not believe it was simply due to mob violence.

"You're right that this is not a situation that was -- exactly the same as what happened in Egypt and my suspicion is that there are folks involved in this who were looking to target Americans from the start," Mr. Obama said.

It was information released in a poor manner being twisted into a conspiracy.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
why is Mrs Clinton saying that a email with a @state.gov domain is nothing more than social media and its nothing to be concerned about?

seriously, wtf are they covering up? running guns to Syria and meeting with the Turkish arms dealer who was the mule? hummmm....

the two seals who died on the roof top at the "safe house" were killed by a mortar 7 hours after the attack began. their weapons were coated with blood which means they fought until they died.

something aint right with this whole mess.

Last edited:

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Can you explain why the two are mutually exclusive? Considering how much anger the video created in the Muslim world, what basis do you have for assuming that because it was a terrorist attack, it must have been sparked by something else?

It may have been "sparked" (I disagree with the use of that term) by this:

They also note that the attack immediately followed a call from al Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri for revenge for the death in June of Abu Yahya al-Libi, a senior Libyan member of the terror group.

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/09/12/world/africa/libya-attack-jihadists/index.html

The dead AQ/Libyan guy mentioned above has a brother, involved with AQ/Libya, in Benghazi IIRC.

Looks like al-Zawahiri called for revenge and they (AQ in Libya) took it out on our Benghazi consulate and ambassador etc.

Fern

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Um, what? Obama was watching it live? Where did they say they were certain it was from mass protests only?

Where's the beef here? I'm not interested in your predictably fevered hysterics. Show me proof and I'll believe it. I see nothing here.

Here you go.

http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/50476

The U.S. military had an unmanned Predator drone flying over the Benghazi consulate during the attack that claimed the life of ambassador Christopher Stevens, Navy SEALs Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods, and agent Sean Smith. That drone, as well as “other reconnaissance aircraft” seemingly observed what is now being characterized as the “final hours of the protracted battle.”

two of the highest members in the military chain of command, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs Martin Dempsey and Defense Secretary Leon Panetta, were aware of what was unfolding in Benghazi as it actually happened.

Socio

Golden Member
May 19, 2002

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybe...-watched-benghazi-attacked-and-didnt-respond/

Just one hour after the seven-hour-long terrorist attacks upon the U.S. consulate in Benghazi began, our commander-in-chief, vice president, secretary of defense and their national security team gathered together in the Oval Office listening to phone calls from American defenders desperately under siege and watching real-time video of developments from a drone circling over the site. Yet they sent no military aid that might have intervened in time to save lives.
Why?

How serious is this, Hillary Clinton has already sought legal counsel and Bill suggested she resign!

http://www.glennbeck.com/2012/10/24...o-resign-in-the-wake-of-the-benghazi-scandal/

Bill Clinton encouraged Hillary to resign in the wake of the Benghazi scandal

Two separate sources on this. And Hillary claims, and I tend to believe her, that she ordered beefed‑up security in Benghazi because it had been requested and that this order was never carried out and that furthermore when and if she is subpoenaed, along with her internal memoranda and the cable traffic from the State Department by the House committee, it will prove that she did just that.

Now, if it doesn’t prove that she did just that, then they’re lying to me, and the sources are ‑‑ you know, I’m not suggesting that that’s impossible, but I seriously doubt it since I’m talking to legal counsel to Hillary Clinton. Legal counsel. These people don’t generally lie.

This was a big debate within the Clinton camp itself, between Hillary and Bill. Bill did not want her to take full responsibility. He wanted her to, in fact, consider the possibility of even resigning if the White House continued to try to make her the scapegoat in this. Hillary and her legal team decided she should look presidential, above ‑‑ she should look moderate, she should come forward and say, “Look, I take responsibility. I’m the Secretary of State” and by comparison making the president look a hell of a lot smaller because he was ducking all responsibility and knowing full well that when the full story came out, she would be, in her words, or at least the words of her legal counsel, exonerated.

There have been some speculation even if Obama wins the election he will be out via impeachment over this matter within the first six months of his next term.

Last edited:

PJABBER

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
so the demonstration was just members of the terrorist cell providing a distraction while the attack took place?

ok man. whatever you want to believe.

You are so hung up on the demonstration lie.

Get it straight, there was NO demonstration, it was ONLY an attack.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
It just keeps on giving! I heard about Hillary, she's going to regret diving under the bus to perpetuate Obama's coverup and lies.

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Can someone please tell me why Obama would lie about this? I don't understand why he would

you need to ask the other question. why was the ambassador at the remote consulate that has been attacked numerous times and who was he meeting with? why would the ambassador put himself in such danger with just two ex-navy seals for a security detail.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
You are so hung up on the demonstration lie. Get it straight, there was NO demonstration, it was ONLY an attack.

You are so hung up on your desire for the current Administration to go down in flames.

Get this straight all the information wasn't confirmed even over a month after the attack.