ThirtZing

May 17, 2018
Is ASUS DUAL-GTX1060-3G compatible with my pc.
CPU:intel celeron g1820 2.7GHz
Mobo:Asrock H81m-vg4 r2.0
Ram:6 GB 1333Mhz
PSU:500W

ThirtZing

May 17, 2018
I know that i will have bottleneck but i don't know if that can destroy my cpu.I plan to buy the gpu after i get enough money i will upgrade my cpu.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
I don't have graphics card or if you think Intel Hd Graphics is graphics card
seems like you need a graphics card more than a new CPU, then.

you're in a bit of a pickle though, as we should be right on the cusp of nvidia's 2 year release cycle for new graphics cards, and the current (read: 2 year old) graphics cards that are out are still way overpriced due to mining pressures. and the new cards will be subject to the similar pressures so no guarantee they'll be available at MSRP.

ThirtZing

May 17, 2018
seems like you need a graphics card more than a new CPU, then.

you're in a bit of a pickle though, as we should be right on the cusp of nvidia's 2 year release cycle for new graphics cards, and the current (read: 2 year old) graphics cards that are out are still way overpriced due to mining pressures.
Well i saw on net that the prices started dropping.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Well i saw on net that the prices started dropping.

yeah, mining isn't as profitable due to the drop in coin prices combined with the huge increase in difficulty over the last year with all the cards having been gobbled up. so, prices have fallen because it isn't as good a return as it was. but there is still a return (as well as speculation that the coin prices go back up).

but prices are still way high.

ThirtZing

May 17, 2018
yeah, mining isn't as profitable due to the drop in coin prices combined with the huge increase in difficulty over the last year with all the cards having been gobbled up. so, prices have fallen because it isn't as good a return as it was. but there is still a return (as well as speculation that the coin prices go back up).

but prices are still way high.
Is the thebottlenecker.com site accurate?

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Is the thebottlenecker.com site accurate?
no clue, never heard of it until today. even if it is, it's calculating a general figure and won't be tailored for your specific games.

speaking of which, what games do you play?

ThirtZing

May 17, 2018
no clue, never heard of it until today. even if it is, it's calculating a general figure and won't be tailored for your specific games.

speaking of which, what games do you play?
Mostly CS;GO,League of Legends,Rocket league,Fortnite but i started playing other games but i hate always putting everything to low resolution and all settings to low i even modify the config folder.

lifeblood

Oct 17, 2001
Looking at your motherboard specs I think you'll be fine. PCIe 2.0 at x16 won't be a bottleneck for a 1060.

All GPU prices are still badly inflated. A 1060 is good but you may want to consider a 1050 ti. The price for those are not quite as badly inflated as the 1060. They are still great at 1080p and should give you a nice upgrade immediately with more improvement when you upgrade your CPU. The money you save on that card should allow you to get a better CPU sooner.

Either way, if you can hang on until the 11XX cards come out in a month you may be able to get a good deal on a 10XX card.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
I think a 1050Ti would be a better fit for that system. Cheaper to buy, and I don't see you getting any extra performance with that CPU if you went with the 1060.

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
I would agree, best to upgrade the CPU at the same time. Look for something like an i5 4670 or i7 4770 used. Best to also update your Bios first, to make sure it is compatible with your board. And a 1050Ti would also be a good card, particularly the 4GB model.

Ferrari_Freak

Apr 27, 2017
If you're mainly playing games like CS:GO and LoL why not get a Raven Ridge APU like the Ryzen 2400G? You'll get both upgrades in one and the integrated GPU should be good enough for those games at 1080p. That should tide you over for a while and you can upgrade to the next gen cards when they come out, if you feel the need.

Rocket league benchmark at the bottom of this page.

ThirtZing

May 17, 2018
If you're mainly playing games like CS:GO and LoL why not get a Raven Ridge APU like the Ryzen 2400G? You'll get both upgrades in one and the integrated GPU should be good enough for those games at 1080p. That should tide you over for a while and you can upgrade to the next gen cards when they come out, if you feel the need.

Rocket league benchmark at the bottom of this page.
the problem is that my mobo support this - Supports New 4th and 4th Generation Intel® Xeon® / Core™ i7 / i5 / i3 / Pentium® / Celeron® Processors (Socket 1150)

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
You'd be better off going used. Check the for sale forums here and elsewhere. There's bound to be someone selling something that'll be good until you can do the whole upgrade process for the CPU/Mobo/Memory/GPU

ZGR

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2012
What is your RAM configuration? Is it 4gb + 2gb?

H81M is a low end board with very little residual value. DDR3 is getting hard to find at a reasonable price.