Beer

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jun 4, 2005
Originally posted by: veggz
Originally posted by: HomeBrewerDude
There is such a wide array of beer styles that I am always dubious of anyone who makes claims that they find 'beer' distasteful, especially when the person making the comment has only tried a couple of different brands of the same style (e.g., Miller versus a Bud versus a MGDlight).

It's like saying you hate cookies after eating a few vanilla wafers.

I'll admit, I am probably a bit ignorant as to the different types of beer, but that's because I'm in college and kids pretty much only drink one type of beer anyway (the sh!tty kind, that is)

Try some Guinness. It's a darker coloured beer, and from what I've found, most people would prefer it over the usual Bud, Miller, LaBatts, etc.

TraumaRN

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2005
There is such a wide array of beer styles that I am always dubious of anyone who makes claims that they find 'beer' distasteful, especially when the person making the comment has only tried a couple of different brands of the same style (e.g., Miller versus a Bud versus a MGDlight).

I'll admit, I am probably a bit ignorant as to the different types of beer, but that's because I'm in college and kids pretty much only drink one type of beer anyway (the sh!tty kind, that is)

If you live in Any of these states try bells beer. Try there summer brew Oberon Ale, it's light and goes down smooth and its a damn good beer. If you are feeling adventurous try their K-zoo Stout, it'll make hair grow on your chest, it's a little stronger than most beers at 6.5% alcohol by volume but once you have an aquired taste I'd say it rivals some of the best stouts I've had.

Just gotta find what works for you.

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
I couldn't stand beer when I was 18, now at 49 I'm sure it one of the essential food groups.

HN

Diamond Member
Jan 19, 2001

get some newcastle brown ale or guinness draught and you'll be ahead of all of them.

Spineshank

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2001
Takes a little bit to start liking it. First thing i ever liked was Petes Wicked (not sure which one though)

davestar

Golden Member
Oct 21, 2001
I'm in Massachusetts. I must say I've tried lots of beers (granted, most of them were cheap keg beers or Bud varieties) and they all taste the same. Haven't tried Corona though.

learn to appreciate bud light and the like as an easy means to get wrecked.

then try out some decent local brews from: Harpoon (especially their IPA and the UFO Hefe), Sam Adams, Otter Creek, and Smuttynose. hopefully you'll start to appreciate beer

jmdeathsquad

Feb 23, 2006
Originally posted by: krunchykrome
If you stick with Guinness, you will never have to worry about drinking a bad beer for the rest of your life.

QFT
also, I pretty much always liked it, but I don't drink the urine that is Bud/Coors/etc. Just find a good beer that you like... tasting them all is half the fun

djheater

Lifer
Mar 19, 2001
I have drank 40 or 50 gallons this year so far and I'm not thinking about slowing down.

Beer is the staff of life.

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
I've had some decent beer from small breweries, but outside of that, mainstream beers are sh!t. I skip them and just go directly for a good shot of some kind of liquor - the desired effect is much better and quicker than having to drink the carbonated piss that most people consider beer.