Bear activist killed by Alaska grizzly

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Spooner

Lifer
Jan 16, 2000
The guy SANG to the bears in this annoyingly high-pitched, goofy sort of way.... someone incessintly doing that to me would be grounds for attack imo :frown:

ScottyB

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2002
This is an outrage. We must hunt all bears to extinction before they get our women and children. Think of the children!!!

Stark

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2000
eveyone should see this story as a PSA... don't mess with bears that can eat you.

i vote no repost (or lock)
my title sucked anyways.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Being mauled to death by a bear ranks up there with burning alive as one of the worst ways to die.

Still, that was a pretty risky lifestyle they were living. Yeah, I'm going to go stand next to a 900lb wild brown bear and sing to it. Dumb. Really dumb.

May 31, 2001
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
Being mauled to death by a bear ranks up there with burning alive as one of the worst ways to die.

Still, that was a pretty risky lifestyle they were living. Yeah, I'm going to go stand next to a 900lb wild brown bear and sing to it. Dumb. Really dumb.

When I was driving from Fairbanks down to Anchorage a few years ago, I pulled off at a rest stop, and there was a Grizzly standing on the guard rail, leaning on a trash barrel licking frosting out of a cake box from a bakery. The Alaskans knew enough to keep back, but sure enough, there was a tourist that decided to get really close for a better picture. A guy told her she ought to stay back, and she just made a snide comment about how she knew what she was doing. As she was getting her camera ready, the bear pulled its head out of the cake box and looked at her, bared its teeth and growled just a bit. She immediately fell backwards onto her ass trying to get away from the thing, and crawled away at a rather good clip.

As for Treadwell, he always wanted to be one with the bears. Looks like he got his wish. :D

May 31, 2001
Hill said he will attempt to transcribe the tape. But there are no plans to make the recording or transcripts public, trooper spokesman Greg Wilkinson said.

That should be an interesting transcript. Random screams, growls, ripping and tearing sounds, followed by chewing and crunching.