Battlestar Galactica - Blood & Chrome: Entire film now UP!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
Just got watching 3&4 and they were pretty good to. I don't like how short they are either but some Battle Star is better than none.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
3 and 4 are up now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXCnuArj4b8

The lens flare is not insane this time.

Looks like Sgt. Hadrian, Captain Kelly, and Narcho all make an appearance (no, not as those characters).

The plan was for it to be a backdoor pilot like BSG, then SyFy sat on it and sat on it, and finally said they were no longer doing that.

I'm going to wait till they are all up and watch the last episodes straight thru.

SciFi had a very good "stable" of mid level actors who they use in a lot of their stuff. Jill Teed who played Sgt. Hadrian is one and Narcho, Sebastian Spence carried his own series, First Wave, for three years.

Sadly with the demise of science ficton on Syfy they seem to have no place to go for regular work.

btw can Syfy actually be making any money showing it this way? Wouldn't they have done better showing this on their network?

This would have pulled in some serious ratings if it were on regular Syfy.

Gooberlx2

Lifer
May 4, 2001
The plan was for it to be a backdoor pilot like BSG, then SyFy sat on it and sat on it, and finally said they were no longer doing that.

Man, who makes the decisions over there? 'Cause s/he needs a kick in the balls.

AnitaPeterson

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Heads-up:

Episodes 3 and 4 have just been posted together, as a larger (17 minutes-long!) chunk...

kyrax12

Platinum Member
May 21, 2010
Anyone know the song at the end of the episode where they show the previews?

sound like a remix of a BSG song.

AnitaPeterson

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
That song during the previews is from "The Plan" (I remember it's used as the musical theme during the surprise attack on the Colonies).

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
Really enjoying it so far, but oh my god are there a lot of lens flares in the scenes.

AnitaPeterson

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Agreed re: lens flare. There's a scene in the cockpit of the Raptor, during which Coker's nose actually glows - that's how bad the flare is....

Karsten

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Man, there is some serious Prima Donnas here. Have a Snickers man and shut up "How bad this is".

For what this is it is beyond good. Webisode only material is usually much much worse and there was not a single time where the CGI or acting took me out of he action. I only wished they showed us longer episodes, but again... beggars can't be choosers.

Caprica had great potential and I wished it would have had 2 or 3 more seasons. To see the beginning and some of the background was great. While I wasn't all and full into it I thought it had potential. Better than A LOT of stuff on TV for sure!

mcvickj

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2001
I have really enjoyed the first four episodes. I would love to see this develop into a real series.

I also enjoyed Caprica. I thought it started out slow but it was just starting to pick up and then Syfy pulled the plug. I really wish they would have given it another season.

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
I just watched 5&6 and for the first time the shortness of the episodes is starting to annoy me. They are really good though so I'll keep watching.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
We finished watching Caprica on netflix last week and watched these webisodes last night. Regarding Caprica, I loved it even tho it was a bit slow. It added a lot of value to the BSG story and I really wish it lasted longer.

I was very impressed by these webisodes 1-6. Barely more than a season premier of content so far, but lots of action and I think the casting choice for William Adama was excellent. Exceeding expectations so far. :thumbsup:

Anyone know for certain what the plan is for this show? I was under the impression it would start airing on SyFy in february but wikipedia says it's to be released on DVD and paid digital download then.

lord_emperor

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2009
Am I the only one who enjoyed Caprica? It gave a whole new meaning to the whole BSG religion angle... Watch them together and you realize that the "God" referred throughout BSG by the Cylons, Six, Baltar etc.... is Zoe! That explains the whole exchange on "present-day" Earth between the Baltar & Six avatars...

This might warrant spoiler tags...