Battlestar Galactica - Blood & Chrome: Entire film now UP!

AnitaPeterson

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001

Gooberlx2

Lifer
May 4, 2001
Looks decent. Is this going to be a full multi-season series? Or just webisodes combined into a mini-series/movie?

Briefing commander is the same actor as the investigator from Caprica. Seems to be a different character though. Same deal with that deck boss.

Last edited:

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
interesting. i'll give it a whirl, i loved BG in the first season, but i really struggled through to the end. too much soap opera drama! i loved some of the characters but felt like it could have been about half as long as it was.

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001
cooool. Thanks for sharing! I've never heard of this coming up, so this is a pleasant surprise :).

ixelion

Feb 5, 2005
I did not actually watch it, just clicked through the video, but omfg the green screen, the lens flare, the super over exposure this looks so cheap and so fugly. I don't really want to watch it, somebody watch this and tell us if it is anything like the abortion that was Caprica. I mean how do you go from something amazing like s01 of BSG to the rancid diarrhea that is caprica.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
I went to see if Syfy's forums were back up.
They have been down since it was announced that Blood and Chrome would be aired.
They are still down. And there is no longer even a link to them on the Syfy home page.
I think Syfy got rid of their forums since it was just being used to bash Syfy.

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
Thanks for the heads-up. I was looking forward to this. Lets hope it leads to a new series.:thumbsup:

AnitaPeterson

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
http://www.engadget.com/2012/11/08/battlestar-galactica-blood-and-chrome-coming-any-way-you-want-it/

"Blood & Chrome ... tell the story of young William Adama and his trials on the Galactica during the first Cylon war. The 97 minute feature film will be initially available online as 10 episodes via Machinima Prime between November 9th and February. Then it will premiere on the Syfy channel and finally become available on Blu-ray, DVD, On Demand and digital download on February 19th, 2013 ."

Last edited:

AnitaPeterson

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Am I the only one who enjoyed Caprica? It gave a whole new meaning to the whole BSG religion angle... Watch them together and you realize that the "God" referred throughout BSG by the Cylons, Six, Baltar etc.... is Zoe! That explains the whole exchange on "present-day" Earth between the Baltar & Six avatars...

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
I just finished the first two episodes and it wasn't to bad for a wed series. CGI was a little overkill but I'm sure budget was a concern. Overall though not to bad.
And yes I liked Caprica to...see Virge I'm not the only one.:p

Sureshot324

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2003
5 minutes into the first ep I thought the show was going to be terrible, but after watching the 2 eps it has potential. I`m not a fan of the 10 minute episodes idea though.

OnePingOnly

Feb 27, 2008
Am I the only one who enjoyed Caprica? It gave a whole new meaning to the whole BSG religion angle... Watch them together and you realize that the "God" referred throughout BSG by the Cylons, Six, Baltar etc.... is Zoe! That explains the whole exchange on "present-day" Earth between the Baltar & Six avatars...

I enjoyed Caprica, too. I found it to be engaging without the need for epic space battles. Interesting theory about Zoe.

I will watch the new series when / if it runs.

Renob

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2000

I liked it 2!

hans030390

Diamond Member
Feb 3, 2005
I also liked Caprica. I thought it was a bit slow, but I thought the same of BSG season 1. It was especially good near the end, and the "trailer" for season 2 looked incredible. Sadly, it never came to be...

I'll have to check this out soon. Been waiting for it!

orenero

Apr 12, 2005
Thanks for the links this was pretty cool. Man I miss battlestar!!!! Bring it back!!!!!!!!!1

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
This has potential, I enjoyed it. I wish the "episodes" were longer and part of a TV season like BSG was, but since it's actually a movie then I guess they have to do it this way. All in all, left me wanting more.

Gooberlx2

Lifer
May 4, 2001
This has potential, I enjoyed it. I wish the "episodes" were longer and part of a TV season like BSG was, but since it's actually a movie then I guess they have to do it this way. All in all, left me wanting more.

I thought they were doing this webisodes/movie thing, and then moving forward to a proper series based on reception. Isn't what they did with BSG with the mini-series first?

Oceanas

Nov 23, 2006
3 and 4 are up now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXCnuArj4b8

The lens flare is not insane this time.

Looks like Sgt. Hadrian, Captain Kelly, and Narcho all make an appearance (no, not as those characters).

I thought they were doing this webisodes/movie thing, and then moving forward to a proper series based on reception. Isn't what they did with BSG with the mini-series first?

The plan was for it to be a backdoor pilot like BSG, then SyFy sat on it and sat on it, and finally said they were no longer doing that.

Last edited: