Battlefield 3 360 controller support

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Veliko

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2011
^ This.

Until you've played and practiced with Keyboard & Mouse, you have no idea how much better it really is.

How on earth is he ignorant? He has already said that he played both Half Life games with a keyboard and mouse.

I flip between BF3 on the PC and Halo on the 360 without any problems at all. A controller is fine for playing FPS games.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
controllers will never beat the accuracy of m&k. If you're just waltzing through a game or 2 sometimes it's not a problem, but if you're playing to win you'll be seriously outclassed.

Jules

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
One of the reasons why i love PC gaming is choice.

Some really dumb ass people in this thread.

Last edited:

Nvidiaguy07

Platinum Member
Feb 22, 2008
One of the reasons why i love PC gaming is choice.

Some really dumb ass people in this thread.

I wouldnt say dumb, just stubbron. Obviously hardcore PC gamers will prefer k+b, to the point where its sacrilegious to use anything else.

Building controller support into games is one of the best things that can happen to PC games, and appeals to a wider market - which in turn makes developers concentrate more on the PC.

And its not like it takes anything away from hardcore pc gamers. If someone was dumb enough to use it in multiplayer, theyd just add to your kill count.

Like you said, its nice to have a choice. Im just disgusted that they built support in, but its just so awful that the game in unplayable. I would have been happier if they didnt even attempt it.

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Problem is if you have 5 of those controller guys on your team, you WILL lose. If they're on the other team I don't care.

Jules

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I wouldnt say dumb, just stubbron. Obviously hardcore PC gamers will prefer k+b, to the point where its sacrilegious to use anything else.

Building controller support into games is one of the best things that can happen to PC games, and appeals to a wider market - which in turn makes developers concentrate more on the PC.

And its not like it takes anything away from hardcore pc gamers. If someone was dumb enough to use it in multiplayer, theyd just add to your kill count.

Like you said, its nice to have a choice. Im just disgusted that they built support in, but its just so awful that the game in unplayable. I would have been happier if they didnt even attempt it.

Its rather odd they theres no support for the controller for a game like that. I figured id use my controller for Flying and stuff like that. Not sure what they were thinking.

Then again look at how they made it so you have 2 separate friends list and there is no in game voice. So i guess im not really surprised.

nitromullet

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2004
Its rather odd they theres no support for the controller for a game like that. I figured id use my controller for Flying and stuff like that. Not sure what they were thinking.

Then again look at how they made it so you have 2 separate friends list and there is no in game voice. So i guess im not really surprised.

The controller works fine for vehicles, just make sure you turn on your controller before you launch the game or it won't recognize it. I use my wireless Xbox controller for some vehicles and voice chat, and it works great.

The OP is having issues with the quick time events in the campaign not working with the controller. Seems like this has been a known issue for a while... http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654624695924075/

GoStumpy

Golden Member
Sep 14, 2011
In a game like BF3 the advantage of KB/mouse over controller is almost non existent

1t0m.jpg

Infraction Jack

Dec 9, 2011
I use my wireless Xbox controller for every game that supports a controller and even for some that do not thanks to joy2key. I tend to keep it to myself in multiplayer games though because I do not need to hear people whine about my controller preference.