Banned from OCN because i would not pay them to post my build log

hokies83

Oct 3, 2010
Banned

Conversation between Bitemarks and blo... and me

Bitemarks and blo...
Today at 2:45 pm

Due to your constant reposting of deleted sponsored content you are now temp banned.

A manager will contact you in regards to this ban and the sponsored content

Do not make any new accounts to circumvent this ban.

Yep so i was banned for re posting my Build log..

Even tho i said i had no sponsors and i could furnish receipts for all items in my build.. heh

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
no one cares
I care. As soon as I figure out what OCN is I'm going to march right down there and give them a piece of my mind. Treating ATOTers in this fashion is simply unacceptable. :mad:

Edit: What's a build log?

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
I care. As soon as I figure out what OCN is I'm going to march right down there and give them a piece of my mind. Treating ATOTers in this fashion is simply unacceptable. :mad:

Edit: What's a build log?

overclock.net - Basically it's a forum that pretends it's a legit tech website.

What it really is is a bunch of basement dwelling elitist teenage pricks with massive egos and their mommy's wallets that participate in nothing but a giant e-penis circlejerk, and if you're not with them, you're against them.

I started "visiting" there a couple years ago for their FS/FT forum. I found out rather quickly that the regulars there expected to hawk their abused and/or broken shit for more than retail pricing, and buy your brand new stuff for pennies on the dollar. Literally - people would be listing broken half-functional motherboards from their failed overclocking experiments for retail prices, and bitch you out if you dared offered them a penny less.

The place went to shit (as if that were possible) when they did their forum changeover/remodel.

The running joke on all the rest of the tech forums when someone new shows up and announces they're from OCN is, "Oh. OCN... lol."

Theb

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
Fuckers. Take them to court. I know a guy.

BetterCallSaul-Banner-New-560.jpg

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
overclock.net - Basically it's a forum that pretends it's a legit tech website.

What it really is is a bunch of basement dwelling elitist teenage pricks with massive egos and their mommy's wallets that participate in nothing but a giant e-penis circlejerk, and if you're not with them, you're against them.

I started "visiting" there a couple years ago for their FS/FT forum. I found out rather quickly that the regulars there expected to hawk their abused and/or broken shit for more than retail pricing, and buy your brand new stuff for pennies on the dollar. Literally - people would be listing broken half-functional motherboards from their failed overclocking experiments for retail prices, and bitch you out if you dared offered them a penny less.

The place went to shit (as if that were possible) when they did their forum changeover/remodel.

The running joke on all the rest of the tech forums when someone new shows up and announces they're from OCN is, "Oh. OCN... lol."

i found the same. i didn't stay long.

hokies83

Oct 3, 2010
LoL im on a bunch of forums..

Just posting this for the Fact they demand money from you if they think you have sponsored parts to post pictures of it on there forums...

It is pretty sad they demand money from people...

Sponsored build

Conversation between Bitemarks and blo... and me

Bitemarks and blo...
Today at 4:35 am

http://www.overclock.net/t/1352671/...-res-in-mega-mm-ascension/0_100#post_19118798

Hi Hokies83

As this build is sponsored you have to pay $29 for the thread to be hosted here.

If you wish to pay please send a PayPal payment to admin@overclock.net and copy me the transaction reference number.

hmm i then sent him a picture of this LOL...

LL

Last edited:

Theb

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
Why did they think your build was sponsored? I'm just curious because I'm starting to suspect it was sponsored.

dud

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2001
What's this all about? Sounds like much ado about nothing that some computer nerds got themselves into.

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
What's this all about? Sounds like much ado about nothing that some computer nerds got themselves into.

Pretty much.

hokies is pissed that mods called him out on something, he fired back, got banned arbitrarily and is now airing his dirty laundry here for us to laugh about.

(No offense hokies)

hokies83

Oct 3, 2010
Why did they think your build was sponsored? I'm just curious because I'm starting to suspect it was sponsored.

I have no idea why they think that is was sponsored...
I told them repeatedly that it was not sponsored...

Bitemarks is a famous A hole mod there and is well known for pulling crap like this.

Maybe because it is so extreme and over kill....

Anywho like i said i have receipts of me paying for everything.

Pretty much.

hokies is pissed that mods called him out on something, he fired back, got banned arbitrarily and is now airing his dirty laundry here for us to laugh about.

(No offense hokies)

None taken just posting this to show how much DBs they are over there demanding money from users...

Im a member here Hard forum TPU overclcockers and xtreme ..

Not one of them tried to pull this crap and demand money from me...

Last edited:

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
For the record - the mods at OCN are even more arbitrary than the mods here. Like night and day difference. Like... it makes the mods here look like a totally functional democracy (which for the most part unless you do something really stupid - it is, even though most others that would complain would have you think otherwise).

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
Im a member here Hard forum TPU overclcockers and xtreme ..

Not one of them tried to pull this crap and demand money from me...

Whatever you do - do NOT post ANYTHING about adblocking software at Hardforums. You'll get permabanned for it. Kyle is VERY zealous over his revenue streams.

The irony is, here at AT, we have USERS that want to THROW THEIR MONEY AT ANAND just to bring back the forum subscription feature.

hokies83

Oct 3, 2010
I do not know...
Maybe somebody told them it was.. i argue with many amd fan bois over there..