Bank of America Gets Pad Locked After Homeowner Forecloses On It

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

wuliheron

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2011
The US Government has a pretty large armed forces that would undoubtedly be ordered to tell you no.

The government can order them all they want, but if they can't pay them I'm pretty sure they'll just look the other way.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
Too big to fail, too big to operate efficiently without errors such as these.

I love my little bank. My wife logged in to our account this weekend using *my* computer instead of her computer. She's never used my computer for banking before. She was locked out of our account until she called the bank from the registered phone number, received a text message to our phone, and used the key number in that message when logging back in to our account. I thought it was a very nice touch; it inconvenienced her for all of 1 minute. A couple weeks ago, my son lost one of our debit cards. Within minutes, our debit card was cancelled; but the human we talked to (wow, humans), also noted that a couple of automatic payments that would have been taken out with the debit number during the next few days were okay to allow. ZERO problems from our end, and nearly effortless in both cases.

A nice touch? Security measures like that are a fucking pain in the ass. If the computer is in China, that's one thing, but it's normal for people two use more than one computer.