Banano Miner? Get paid in coin for doing Folding@Home? Anyone doing this?

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Curious, this site is.

I stumbled across it in another crypto discussion on reddit.

I don't know if this coin is convertable to USD somehow, but if it is, then maybe your Folding farms could pay for their own electricity? That would seem ideal to me.

Will have to research this more. If anyone has more info, or has tried this, and / or knows how to convert "Banano" to USD, please let me know. Thanks.

If this doesn't interest you at all, sorry for wasting your time, please ignore this thread.

Icecold

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2004
I've seen 'mining' banano suggested on Reddit and other places before but I don't know much about it. Gridoin(and maybe Obyte?) are options too for BOINC projects AFAIK. I haven't looked much into it or participated in any.

Skillz

Feb 14, 2014
0Byte is an option for WCG and I do run that. I think I have around $40 worth of GByte sitting in my wallet.

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
I used to do FoldingCoin, until the value dropped to zero. :(

StefanR5R

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2016
I don't know if this coin is convertable to USD somehow,
Rhetorical question: Who would buy cryptotokens (or anything at all) from a company or from persons which do not publish name, postal address, the place of jurisdiction…?

We do know though that the banano "team is top-notch and the project advisors are by a moonshot best in the business". Based on this, I am thinking of investing in Banano, right after I am finished helping that Nigerian prince to transfer his inheritage. /s

• Haha
Reactions: Ken g6 and biodoc