Bad foruming experiences

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
OP: I suggest you ask an admin to help you change your provocative username and start fresh.

Paladin3

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2004
OP is confusing, like so many entitled idiots do, the right to free speech with the privilege of participating in a private forum. Nobody is censoring your speech. Tom's Hardware simply decided they would no longer pollute their forums with your posts because you violated their terms of usage and simple forum etiquette.

You're free to start your own forums and publish anything you like, but your free speech rights does not extend to forcing anyone else to publish your drivel.

You're like a little kid on the playground who can't play nice with others, so don't be surprised if you're not picked to play in the next game.

Not to mention I know feel I'm somehow morally supporting you if I buy AMD now. AMD should sue you for defamation of character.

#LifeLessonLearned

EDIT: And, really, you pulled out the "Gaddafi-Hussein-Napoleon-Emperor-Hitler" insult over a forum dispute?!?!?!?! On a moderator no less?!?!?!?!?!

Definitely top 10 candidate for Ownage of the Year. Someone start that thread, please.

Last edited:

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Maybe I should change my name to CentaurHaulsRulez. Props to anyone here who actually had a processor from that manufacturer back in the day.

AMDisTheBEST

Dec 17, 2015
OP is confusing, like so many entitled idiots do, the right to free speech with the privilege of participating in a private forum. Nobody is censoring your speech. Tom's Hardware simply decided they would no longer pollute their forums with your posts because you violated their terms of usage and simple forum etiquette.

You're free to start your own forums and publish anything you like, but your free speech rights does not extend to forcing anyone else to publish your drivel.

You're like a little kid on the playground who can't play nice with others, so don't be surprised if you're not picked to play in the next game.

Not to mention I know feel I'm somehow morally supporting you if I buy AMD now. AMD should sue you for defamation of character.

#LifeLessonLearned

EDIT: And, really, you pulled out the "Gaddafi-Hussein-Napoleon-Emperor-Hitler" insult over a forum dispute?!?!?!?! On a moderator no less?!?!?!?!?!

Definitely top 10 candidate for Ownage of the Year. Someone start that thread, please.

Free wide web is not private, you should know that already. I disagree with internet censorship of any kinds. In this case, it isn't a big a deal. AMD vs Intel, it would be extremely childish to get upset over such nuisance. Since, you know the full detail of my post, i presume you are a mod/admin in tom's hardware as well. It is natural to protect your colleagues but by censoring speech, you are effectively narrowing the range of opinions and deny yourself the contributions of many others like me. I am not your stereotypical trolls so many here stereotype me as, i do legitimately contribute.

AMDisTheBEST

Dec 17, 2015
OP: I suggest you ask an admin to help you change your provocative username and start fresh.

I don't plan to stay here for long though. I have better media platforms for me to openly discuses my passion for technology. Unlike forums, no authoritarian mods to ban you

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I don't plan to stay here for long though. I have better media platforms for me to openly discuses my passion for technology. Unlike forums, no authoritarian mods to ban you
You post comments on news stories? That's really bottom feeding.

AMDisTheBEST

Dec 17, 2015
Maybe you could start on that.

No need to be so hostile towards me. I see your mind has already made up that i am a trouble maker and a troll the first instant you read i was ban from two forums. Don't be so disappointed when none of my posts so far conform to your prejudice.

OverVolt

Lifer
Aug 31, 2002
No need to be so hostile towards me. I see your mind has already made up that i am a trouble maker and a troll the first instant you read i was ban from two forums. Don't be so disappointed when none of my posts so far conform to your prejudice.

I've been banned from a forum before. It eventually went belly up. It wasn't a good place. I ended up getting into all kinds of fights with mods. I think if you find a place you belong you'll be less confrontational. I think they just had really immature and inexperienced mods.

It was the Warhammer alliance forums. Looks like they got sued. They deserved it IMO.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/520538-warhammer-online-age-of-reckoning/54773855

Honestly the game had potential if the forum didn't ruin the community. So I think they knew that and sued any way they could.

Last edited:

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
:D

AMDisTheBEST

Dec 17, 2015
I've been banned from a forum before. It eventually went belly up. It wasn't a good place. I ended up getting into all kinds of fights with mods. I think if you find a place you belong you'll be less confrontational. I think they just had really immature and inexperienced mods.

It was the Warhammer alliance forums. Looks like they got sued. They deserved it IMO.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/520538-warhammer-online-age-of-reckoning/54773855

Honestly the game had potential if the forum didn't ruin the community. So I think they knew that and sued any way they could.

The mod who handle my case was professional enough. We were both civil towards one another. It was just unfortunate that we started off on the wrong foot and we both take offense to what others said. His message for instance, that my posts were utterly wrong and reeked of fanboyism really hit a nerve. Similarly, he didn't find my "hitler-nazi-ect" name calling very entertaining.

LevelSea

Jan 29, 2013

No one cares about you. No one cares about your passion for technology. The best media platform for you is a diary, so you don't waste bandwidth with your tripe. GTFO and GFY.

AMDisTheBEST

Dec 17, 2015
No one cares about you. No one cares about your passion for technology. The best media platform for you is a diary, so you don't waste bandwidth with your tripe. GTFO and GFY.

:\ arent you the most callous individual I ever have the displeasure of speaking to. You are on my ignore

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
hey guys, do you remember forums 10 years ago, when you were expected to lurk before you posted?

May 11, 2008
If there is one thing i learned quickly, is never go in discussion about what is the best hardware purely based on brand. For some people, it is an extention to their dick. I have an AMD system that performs very well for the tasks i want it to do. And for the budget i had at the time. I am happy.

You should also not go in discussions OP. Just give the advice and leave it at that. Just as you have encountered, there will always be nitwits whos sole reason of existence is their computer hardware.

SKORPI0

Lifer
Jan 18, 2000
i suggest AMDisNotAsBadAsTheySayItIs

Or AMDisPrettyOKByMe.
AMDis2ndBEST

OP, you're welcome to your opinion, but don't expect anyone to take you seriously. There are way better things to spend your time/life on such silly notions of which product/brand is better.
In the end, you get what you pay for.

And if you're leaving this forum like you promised earlier, please do so before 2015 ends.... you won't be missed and remembered. :biggrin:

Last edited: