B!tch neighbor......(((POLL)))

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MistaTastyCakes

Golden Member
Oct 11, 2001

<< You have to protect your paint MistaTastyCakes, it is one of the most important things in life. Without paint where would we be? Without color on our houses and cars. Many people would go insane and start murderous rampages just from the absence of paint. I am suprised you don't know this by now. >>

The world would be in shades of grey, and old cars would look old!! The cat population would rise far too high, and the consequences would be unfathomable. Quick, lets kill all the little buggers! My neighbor's cat pooped in my yard. I don't want my well groomed yard stinking, and heck no, I won't pick it up. It's not my cat. I'm just gonna have to kill the darn thing. I love doggies though! :confused:

Some people are...off.

In all seriousness, I doubt the police would do much, even though it'd be worth a shot. If push comes to shove, contact an animal rights organization and get em all over her butt.

SeaSerpent

Platinum Member
Sep 24, 2001
Hmm, I didnt want to start a flame war. The fact of the matter is, if she had a problem with my cat then she should have talked to me about it, not beat him to death with a bat

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com

<< Hmm, I didnt want to start a flame war. The fact of the matter is, if she had a problem with my cat then she should have talked to me about it, not beat him to death with a bat >>

That is sooo horrible and I'm so sorry :(

Ronstang

Lifer
Jul 8, 2000

<< Hmm, I didnt want to start a flame war. The fact of the matter is, if she had a problem with my cat then she should have talked to me about it, not beat him to death with a bat >>

I am very sorry about your cat, and I mean that. I wish the lady would have come to you first also siince it seems like you might be one of the few responsible cat owners who would actually keep your cat at home. Beating any animal to death with a bat is unacceptable under any circumstances.

ProviaFan

Lifer
Mar 17, 2001

<< I like my cat A LOT more than the dog we used to have...
dogs are just stupid beasts that run around being stupid, and inside dogs are discusting, get the house all dirty, hair everywhere, yuck
cats have discretion :p
>>

Um, I can't let this go unanswered (needless to say, I've not read the whole thread, so excuse this if someone else has already commented), but...
Some dogs are just stupid beasts because they haven't been trained properly. But a dog, properly cared for, can be a more enjoyable animal than a cat (imho). Now I realize that some people like cats more than dogs, and that's fine, but if you have to make false accusations to put down the other groups' animals, you have a right to be conveniently ignored.
The main reason that I personally like dogs more than cats is that a dog can be trained to a much higher degree than a cat, and also on that topic, it seems that cats very much have a mind of their own. They will come up and let you pet them if they want to, but most of the time they are very shy (at least all of the ones I've been around, which numbers about 10 or so). Also, I've known several cats that are very much in the habit of pissing on the pantlegs of guests, while I've never known a dog to do something like that (and I'm not saying it doesn't happen, just that it's not nearly as common for a male dog to use human appendages as a place for urination.

mcveigh

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2000
In my personal opinon she is worthy of killing.

Not because she killed an animal but because she is the kind of person that would kill a cat with a baseball bat.
we need to put some more chlorine in the gene pool.

yes i sound like a nazi but im tired and crabby :|

Ill settle for for burning her car

divinemartyr

Platinum Member
Oct 18, 2000
This whole thing sounds fishy. Just because your crazy neighbor lady says that something occurred, doesn't necessarily mean it does. Think about it. If she hates the lady that she says killed your cat, maybe she thinks you will take vengeance, so she can also get some sort of revenge? It makes absolutely NO sense that this lady would 'deny all knowledge' after telling you something like this, if you got authorities involved. It isn't about not wanting to 'cause trouble in the neighborhood', I just think the lady who told you this stuff, is lying to you.

dm

optimistic

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2001
I wouldn't go near your neighbor, obviously she's not right in the head. If you retaliate you might just provoke her to do something crazy. I say... stay away and warn your neighbors.

Jerboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2001

<< One of my cats dissapeared a couple months ago. My neighbor across the street said that her husband watched the neighbor lady next door beat my cat to death with a baseball bat. Im pissed.... A) because my neighbor next door did this B) my neighbor across the street didnt tell me, they said that they did not want to cause any problems. What crap!! I guess she beat my cat to death because it walked on her car......nice.:| What should I do? Call the cops? Write B!TCH on her car hood with my keys? Or, take my Lousville Slugger to her head? >>

First talk to the cat's owner. If the situation doesn't improve, you have to teach them what it feels like to have paw prints all over your car. Do something harmless to their car. Go dip your hands in mud and stamp it all over their car. If they got half a brain, they should get the message why you're annoyed.

thereaderrabbit

Jan 3, 2001
1. it was a cat. god makes new ones every day... ok, not funny :eek:

2. i'd leave the lady who told you this alone (for all you know she backed over it and is embarrassed).

3. be watchful of the neighbor with the bat, but be careful... what was the motive anyways?

4. go down to the animal shelter and get a house-cat.

-Reader

IDEA: if you feel like being a freak, but not getting in too deep, try this. get a cute stuffed cat doll from a store (something everyone would love) and hang it by a noose from the neighbors mailbox late some evening. the results should prove interesting...

many years ago this happened to my family after my parents called the dog catcher about a neighbor's dogs running loose. the twist was that a month later I rescued one of them after it got hit by a car.

Adul

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
danny.tangtam.com
sick fema on her ;) or whatever the hell that animal rights group is called. sorry mybrain dont work at the monemt, No sleep since yesterday.

FalseChristian

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2002
Scare her a little. Tell her, "You killed my cat now you gonna wish you was dead!", or leave a message on her answering machine, "You were concieved in
darkness but I'm gonna deliver you into the light!"

db

Lifer
Dec 6, 1999
Whatever you consider doing, first think about how things will be AFTERwards, since you will be living next to each other for *years*.
I don't think you want an escalating war going on.
Obviously, calling the cops won't work (no witness, wasting cop's time).
Shaming someone like her is a waste of time, cuz you can't.

I think you have 3 choices:
Tell her flat out that you know she did it;
Get anonymouse revenge;
Do nothing.

kgdb

Jul 11, 2000
What she did was very sick and very much against the law! There is a witness to this, I wouldnt hesitate for a minute to call your local Police.

element

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

<< Then how did she know my cat was missing? >>

Maybe she did it, which would explain why she is unwilling to come forward as a "witness".

ChurchOfSubgenius

Platinum Member
Jan 25, 2001
As an answer to a far previous post "The Ramones-Beat on the Brat"

Obiviously anyone suggesting violence has irreversible brain damage or is kidding, personally I would go for property damage (i.e. pouring a can of paint over the top of her car in the middle of the night, careful not to spash on your clothes, transfer it to a gallon jug the week before then clean the jug before you toss it out) but I could never recommend anything like that.

CStroman

Golden Member
Sep 18, 2001

<< Cats that scratch new paint jobs should certainly be put to death.

Most annoying thing EVER. Keep the friggin pussy in the house :disgust:
>>

Keep the friggin' car in the garage!

Pocatello

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
My neighbor has 5 cats and 5 dogs, all of them are trained to poop on my lawn. After a few hundreds complaints without much result, I think I should take my shotgun and ambush those suckers while they are doing it on my property.

spanner

Jun 11, 2001
I know you love your cat but my advice is let is go for the following reasons.

1. Whatever you do you lose, you cannot prove it to the cops + I am guessing the cat was not it your yard at the time plus you really don't know what your cat did that set off your neighbour, it could be more serious then you think.

2. The story does sound fishy. Would you do anything of the sort with the people in the opposite house watching/ did they do anything to stop it like yell atleast??? Also cats are really damn fast and resiliant too, the mechanics of beating it with a baseball bat while its free doesn't really add up very well. You sure you want to piss off somebody that might not have done it??? Whatever you do, don't let your guard down with the new cat assuming you get one.

Aenygma

Platinum Member
Mar 21, 2001
Ok.. let's do a re-cap.

Now how many in here wanted to kill someone over this, and how many wanted to kill various animals. I lost track laughing. :)