B!tch neighbor......(((POLL)))

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ATLien247

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2000

<< If you don't want to be judged a fool don't post like one. >>

I post what I feel will add to the quality of the thread, regardless of whether it is agreeable or not. How that is judged is of no concern to me. However, you can keep your juvenile name-calling to yourself. It does nothing to support your opinion, except maybe expose your maturity.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

<< I post what I feel will add to the quality of the thread, regardless of whether it is agreeable or not. How that is judged is of no concern to me. However, you can keep your juvenile name-calling to yourself. It does nothing to support your opinion, except maybe expose your maturity. >>

If you consider an apt description name calling so be it.

ATLien247

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2000

<< If you consider an apt description name calling so be it. >>

In other words, I'm still a moron, eh? I could tell this was going nowhere the minute I acknowledged your insult. Oh well...

<< Nitemare - your reasoning is flawed, just because it is your property does not entitle you to break the law, if I walk onto your property and key your car, you are not entitled to come outside with a baseball bat and beat me to death, I in turn must not violate your rights, I cannot come onto your property and steal things, you should call the cops on me, or in the case of the cat animal control after talking to the owners about it. >>

This might not be true in all states, but one can legally use non-lethal force to eject trespassers, with no criminal ramifications. (Civil ramifications are a different matter all together, what with the sue-happy nature of our society.) Therefore, if I catch you keying my car while it's on my property, I can beat you with a bat, so long as I don't kill you. I'm not sure how a cat would be considered in this situation, but it might be reasonably safe to assume I could do the same thing to a cat.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

<< but it might be reasonanly safe to assume I could do the same thing to a cat. >>

If the cat was demonstrating criminal intent or if you were a Moron...ok, maybe not a Moron:)

ATLien247

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2000

<< If the cat was demonstrating criminal intent or if you were a Moron...ok, maybe not a Moron:) >>

Trespassing is trespassing...

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

<< Trespassing is trespassing... >>

I bet you are the life of the party aren't you.

ATLien247

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2000

<< I bet you are the life of the party aren't you. >>

I haven't been to any parties for quite a while. Hmmm... maybe you're on to something! ;)

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

<< I haven't been to any parties for quite a while. Hmmm... maybe you're on to something! >>

Well first you have to be invited. Killing Cats with Baseball bats makes that almost impossible unless Jeffrey Dahmer or John Wayne Gacy is throwing the party.

ScottyB

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2002
Watch out Red Dawn you're using some of his bandwidth up. He may infect your computer with a virus to stop you from using it.

ATLien247

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2000

<< Well first you have to be invited. Killing Cats with Baseball bats makes that almost impossible unless Jeffrey Dahmer or John Wayne Gacy is throwing the party. >>

Invited? That term is unfamiliar to me...

Funny how this ended up as me being painted as some psycho, cat-killing moron. :)

[edit]No, wait... I forgot to capitalize Moron. It makes it look more authoritative... kind of like how people capitalize God.[/edit]

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

<< Funny how this ended up as me being painted as some psycho, cat-killing moron. >>

Not really that funny, just mildly amusing:)

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
i HATE cats. but i am not about to kill one simply because it has a bad owner. if you have a problem with an animal like that, there are many things you can do, like calling animal control, or setting traps.

if you kill one in an attempt to keep your car's paint job nice, you are simply a bad person. no, i will not pay for your car's paint, but i can tell you that i would not kill a cat over something like that. you should take it up with the owner, then if that is unsatisfactory, call animal control.

ATLien247

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2000

<< i HATE cats. but i am not about to kill one simply because it has a bad owner. if you have a problem with an animal like that, there are many things you can do, like calling animal control, or setting traps.

if you kill one in an attempt to keep your car's paint job nice, you are simply a bad person. no, i will not pay for your car's paint, but i can tell you that i would not kill a cat over something like that. you should take it up with the owner, then if that is unsatisfactory, call animal control.
>>

Crap, you edited your post before I could laugh at your baby/cat comparison... ;)

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001

<< Nitemare - your reasoning is flawed, just because it is your property does not entitle you to break the law, if I walk onto your property and key your car, you are not entitled to come outside with a baseball bat and beat me to death, I in turn must not violate your rights, I cannot come onto your property and steal things, you should call the cops on me, or in the case of the cat animal control after talking to the owners about it. Please Please people when trying to make comparisons, compare apples and apples.... >>

You can kill animals on your property if they are threatening your life or destroying property. I believe this applies towards domestic animals as well. How am I breaking the law? The cat is breaking the law by not being on a leash and is trespassing and causing malicious damage to my property. If the owners knowingly let their animals roam free(illegally) they should accept any consequence that comes of it.

I would be within my rights by destroying the animal. The owner would be within their rights of paying me for the damage that their animal caused.

and Dawn the only time I ever crapped my pants was the day that you didn't have anything negative to say....no wait I was dreaming..so I have never crapped my pants.
Put on some new Depends and stop reusing the old ones, the discomfort is shining through

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
You can kill animals on your property if they are threatening your life or destroying property. I believe this applies towards domestic animals as well. How am I breaking the law? The cat is breaking the law by not being on a leash and is trespassing and causing malicious damage to my property. If the owners knowingly let their animals roam free(illegally) they should accept any consequence that comes of it.
I would be within my rights by destroying the animal. The owner would be within their rights of paying me for the damage that their animal caused.

i don't know about the laws, but from a moral standpoint, i believe you are wrong. the animal does not know that it is damaging the car or anything, yet it must pay for its owner's incompetance with it's life.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Nightmare

<< Put on some new Depends and stop reusing the old ones, the discomfort is shining through >>

Geez it's gotten so bad that the current group of ATOT Ne'sf can't even come up with an original insult. The Dumbing Down of a Generation has never been so obvious.

ScottyB

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2002
Wow, I don't think I have ever agreed with Red Dawn so much, the entire time I have been here.

ATLien247

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2000

<< i don't know about the laws, but from a moral standpoint, i believe you are wrong. the animal does not know that it is damaging the car or anything, yet it must pay for its owner's incompetance with it's life. >>

I guess this means that the originator of this thread is incompetent...

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001

<<

<< i don't know about the laws, but from a moral standpoint, i believe you are wrong. the animal does not know that it is damaging the car or anything, yet it must pay for its owner's incompetance with it's life. >>

I guess this means that the originator of this thread is incompetent...
>>

you said it, not me. i personally feel that we don't have enough info to judge whether the originator is an incompetant owner. but if you are comfortable with making such judgement... *shrug*

Texmaster

Banned
Jun 5, 2001

<< call the cops.. animal control. whatever.. get that bitch in trouble..

i duno if i could hold back on someone that did that to one of my pets.. good luck.
>>

I dont have any pets right now but when my rabbit (Bubba :D) was alive it would be hard to hold back if anything happened to him. :|

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
i completely agree, texmaster... my dogs are actually my main motivation for looking into gun ownership.

ATLien247

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2000

<< you said it, not me. i personally feel that we don't have enough info to judge whether the originator is an incompetant owner. but if you are comfortable with making such judgement... *shrug* >>

I'm not judging... just jumping to conclusions. I'm trying to fit in with the rest of the people posting in this thread... ;)

flippinfleck

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2000

<< I love how you take the word of some guy who refuses to repeat himself to a police officer, and who stays silent for weeks after your cat supposedly was beaten to death, as absolute truth, and are now considering vandalism based on what he said
rolleye.gif
>>