[b]I want to be a lifer, will you help?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
Originally posted by: dxkj
I guess this post isnt directed at all lifers, but I've picked up on some lifers cunning strategies.

So, what I need you to do is, PM me and say your in. Then from here on out, every single post or response I see from you I will respond and insult you in some way, make fun, or just be stupid. It doesnt really matter.

I think if I get enough help and waste enough of my time with 1 line insults I should be a lifer in no time!

PS yeah, it gets annoying

Just post............. a lot :D

Cheers,
Aquaman

WarmAndSCSI

Banned
Jun 4, 2001
Function SpellingCorrection(In)
If In <> C Then
SpellingCorrection = C
Else
SpellingCorrection = K
End If
End Function

Response.Write SpellingCorrection(<%=Thomsbrain's Post%>)

C

ThaGrandCow

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
EDIT: So yeah... I once caught a fish...
<.................................................................................................................................................................................111......................>
THIS BIG!!

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: WarmAndSCSI
If In <> C Then
SpellingCorrection = C
Else
SpellingCorrection = K
End If
End Function

C

Wow... lame, AND in VBScript...

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
I guess this post isnt directed at all lifers, but I've picked up on some lifers cunning strategies.

So, what I need you to do is, PM me and say your in. Then from here on out, every single post or response I see from you I will respond and insult you in some way, make fun, or just be stupid. It doesnt really matter.

I think if I get enough help and waste enough of my time with 1 line insults I should be a lifer in no time!

If you waste enough of our time with your useless drivel, your post count will be reset to "0" faster than the Mean Mod can erase your account.

Watchful Mod

Pwn3d!

But...looks like Watchful Mod got a little messy with the topic

;)

Hey, cut me some slack here, it is almost 03:30 am, the Mean Mod drank all the coffee, the Funny Mod lost the key to the bathroom, and I am pulling a double shift because Wduanqnug is posting usless crap again

Watchfull Mod

WarmAndSCSI

Banned
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: mugsywwiii
If In <> C Then
SpellingCorrection = C
Else
SpellingCorrection = K
End If
End Function

C

STFU n00b. VBScript makes ASP and ASP.Net which are the most prevalent professionally-used web scripting languages around.

It wasn't meant to be anything other than lame, anyways.

WarmAndSCSI

Banned
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: conjur

If you waste enough of our time with your useless drivel, your post count will be reset to "0" faster than the Mean Mod can erase your account.

Watchful Mod

Pwn3d!

;)

I actually saw the only funny thing come from a mod earlier

<points to sig>

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001

Watchful Mod

Pwn3d!

;)

Hey, cut me some slack here, it is almost 03:30 am, the Mean Mod drank all the coffee, the Funny Mod lost the key to the bathroom, and I am pulling a double shift because Wduanqnug is posting usless crap again

Watchfull Mod

:D

Slack granted.

ThaGrandCow

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001

I say drop it 500 posts just to prove you're serious :Q

Enough to sting, yet enough not to make him want to leave the forums (otherwise you'd just ban him)

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
If In <> C Then
SpellingCorrection = C
Else
SpellingCorrection = K
End If
End Function

C

STFU n00b. VBScript makes ASP and ASP.Net which are the most prevalent professionally-used web scripting languages around.

I guess you've never heard of C#

WarmAndSCSI

Banned
Jun 4, 2001

Watchful Mod

Pwn3d!

;)

Watchfull Mod

Slack granted.

I think you meant Watchful Mod :p

And your point is? Like I said it is late and I am getting cranky. ;)

Watchful Mod

WarmAndSCSI

Banned
Jun 4, 2001
If In <> C Then
SpellingCorrection = C
Else
SpellingCorrection = K
End If
End Function

C

It's an ALTERNATE for use in ASP.Net.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
If In <> C Then
SpellingCorrection = C
Else
SpellingCorrection = K
End If
End Function

C

It's an ALTERNATE for use in ASP.Net.

But you prefer VB? :)

newbiepcuser

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2001
But you prefer VB?

VB is still highly use for Software QA departments, quick apps for financial insitutions like First American Financial, Quicken was coded in VB, your Randy McNally software, etc.

VB was never meant to be programmer's programming tool, just quick app maker etc.

Unfortunatley Microsoft VB.net is OOP, so crap load of angry VB programmers out there. They are thinking about removing VB from the next iteration from Studio.net line.

Cause C# and C++ can do it all now for the Windows platform.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: newbiepcuser
But you prefer VB?

VB is still highly use for Software QA departments, quick apps for financial insitutions like First American Financial, Quicken was coded in VB, your Randy McNally software, etc.

VB was never meant to be programmer's programming tool, just quick app maker etc.

Unfortunatley Microsoft VB.net is OOP, so crap load of angry VB programmers out there. They are thinking about removing VB from the next iteration from Studio.net line.

Cause C# and C++ can do it all now for the Windows platform.

Yeah, I know VB has very good uses (like RAD). My point was that if he's going to post something that nerdy (intentionally nerdy of course), he ought to use a real programming language at least. VB.NET is a waste more or less - it's exactly the same as C#, except for the syntax. All it's really useful for is helping VB programmers bridge the gap to a real language - once you know VB.NET, you can switch to C# really easily.

Edit: Anyone who read that and thought I was retarded for saying it's exactly the same as C# except for the syntax... you're retarded too. :)

cheapgoose

Diamond Member
May 13, 2002

Watchful Mod

Pwn3d!

;)

Watchfull Mod

oh yea, I think I just found myself a mod quote.