Aziz Ansari #himtoo

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

justoh

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2013
Term's relative, so this aziz situation could seem genuinely complex to some people. If not stupid and claiming complexity, then probably "pushing narrative" or simply pushing ego/emotional reasons/whatever motivates people to post here.

GoodRevrnd

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
see guys, this is how a thread gets derailed. Do we really need a fricking 2 page exegesis on who said complexity, in what context, the individual definition of complexity, the meaning of the term in the original greek, who was calling out who based on the etymology of the aforementioned complexity?

what does that have to do with anything? FFS :D
We're 7 pages into a P&N thread. Lucky we made it this long.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
see guys, this is how a thread gets derailed. Do we really need a fricking 2 page exegesis on who said complexity, in what context, the individual definition of complexity, the meaning of the term in the original greek, who was calling out who based on the etymology of the aforementioned complexity?

what does that have to do with anything? FFS :D

I dunno man I thought it was funny. More fun then the topic at hand anyway.

By the way, what exactly do you mean by complexity?

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
This woman has been doxxed and she seems to respond to it on twitter...

I won't repeat her name here but it's easy enough to find with decent google-fu....

Anyway she seems like a real sweetheart (and yes I'm using that term facetiously while being aware of the past dismissive sexist connotations) in her tweets and I do agree with Ashleigh Banfield's assessment of the situation which was linked to in Post #100

*edited 2 add*

Here is a follow up video to the one Phokus posted in #100

The author of the babe.net article is pretty classy....

Last edited:

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
cant find it with my googling. Give me a key word to search to find this lady

thecoolnessrune

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Yeah, who cares how this stupid accusation hurts him? All hail the revolution! Attack the counter-revolutionaries! It's time for a cultural revolution.

Blood for the blood gods. Aziz was an early 30's celebrity who should have known better, while she was just wan early 20's youth who blew off her date for Aziz, which apparently is perfectly fine. The court of public opinion hath spoken. The group at large has already stated, directly, or indirectly, that the sacrifice of a few people (who you hopefully don't know) is worth the benefits. As long as you don't get attached to or know those who were sacrificed along the way, it becomes easy to disregard.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
Blood for the blood gods. Aziz was an early 30's celebrity who should have known better, while she was just wan early 20's youth who blew off her date for Aziz, which apparently is perfectly fine. The court of public opinion hath spoken. The group at large has already stated, directly, or indirectly, that the sacrifice of a few people (who you hopefully don't know) is worth the benefits. As long as you don't get attached to or know those who were sacrificed along the way, it becomes easy to disregard.
Nice dig on her character in there. That's not indicative of anything.

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
If you read her tweets, you can tell she truly supports #MeToo and all oppressed women.

Replying to @nikrichie
Hey Hooman! go fuck yourself you phony Armenian piece of shit rape apologist. You think you can spread your slander about people without repercussions, but you are in for a surprise. @GloriaAllred

7:16 PM - 19 Jan 2018

How could Aziz not treat this flower of womanhood like the princess she is?

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
If you read her tweets, you can tell she truly supports #MeToo and all oppressed women.

How could Aziz not treat this flower of womanhood like the princess she is?
You're a regular person who tries to get a story out and the people who put it out really fuck it up and you wind up being vilified by and large. How do you handle that?
Grace and consistency?

thecoolnessrune

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005

Of course it's not! It doesn't have to be. This whole thread is about tossing out some details from your own POV, and letting the court of public opinion decide on the sinner and saint. I don't see why there'd be a problem with that.

BigDH01

Golden Member
Jul 8, 2005
You're a regular person who tries to get a story out and the people who put it out really fuck it up and you wind up being vilified by and large. How do you handle that?
Grace and consistency?

I don't go on a bad date and then accuse my date of raping me.

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
Grace and consistency?

Well, I wouldn't handle it with casual racism and insults. It appears she believes calling somebody out as "Armenian" is a good way to make fun of them.

You seriously don't think that says something about her character? Could you show me some Aziz Ansari tweets where he goes off on strangers? He's being vilified too but for some reason he seems to not feel the need to be racist and insulting to strangers on twitter.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
Well, I wouldn't handle it with casual racism and insults. It appears she believes calling somebody out as "Armenian" is a good way to make fun of them.

You seriously don't think that says something about her character? Could you show me some Aziz Ansari tweets where he goes off on strangers? He's being vilified too but for some reason he seems to not feel the need to be racist and insulting to strangers on twitter.
Aziz is not a regular person. He has PR and knows how to handle himself and the self-damage he could do if he wasn't controlled and careful.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002

how are you still defending this wench?

We should dig on her character because it's terrible.

Character attacks are justified in this case, because it shows how terribly and untrustworthy the accusations are.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Aziz is not a regular person. He has PR and knows how to handle himself and the self-damage he could do if he wasn't controlled and careful.

He stopped and said they should put their clothes on and watch tv. I get that it took him a few noes to stop but he did stop. Also this wasn't affecting her career at any point. It was a completely personal date with no business attached.

Everybody is freaked out now. Nobody is gonna date nobody.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Careers being destroyed by single accusers. Its insane. I don't think anyone should have to put up with sleeping with someone for work but this went too far.