Aya Neo - AMD Ryzen Mobile Gaming Device

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Seems like something that should be a success. Not for me though, the Controls I can live without.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Seems like something that should be a success. Not for me though, the Controls I can live without.

-I feel like we have to pretty narrowly define "success" here. I'd say it's really more of a kind of cool proof of concept or a hobby kit taken to the extreme, but I have my doubts that there is any sort of a serious market for this.

Windows will basically never be a particularly friendly handheld OS, and 2 hours of actual playtime makes me wonder what the hell the actual use case is for this?

If I have to be close to a power socket at all times, I might as well use my far more powerful desktop or Laptop, and if I am out and about am I so starved for gaming that I'll settle for 2 hours of it, some of that time no doubt wasted on trying to fumble though Win10's touch screen controls?

Lastly, there is no good way to play dedicated KB+M games.

Anyone who has been around for any period of time has seen these things come and go. They always put a smile on my face for both the ingenuity and just initial whoa factor, and for the reasons above.