• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Aya Neo - AMD Ryzen Mobile Gaming Device

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Seems like something that should be a success. Not for me though, the Controls I can live without.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Seems like something that should be a success. Not for me though, the Controls I can live without.
-I feel like we have to pretty narrowly define "success" here. I'd say it's really more of a kind of cool proof of concept or a hobby kit taken to the extreme, but I have my doubts that there is any sort of a serious market for this.

Windows will basically never be a particularly friendly handheld OS, and 2 hours of actual playtime makes me wonder what the hell the actual use case is for this?

If I have to be close to a power socket at all times, I might as well use my far more powerful desktop or Laptop, and if I am out and about am I so starved for gaming that I'll settle for 2 hours of it, some of that time no doubt wasted on trying to fumble though Win10's touch screen controls?

Lastly, there is no good way to play dedicated KB+M games.

Anyone who has been around for any period of time has seen these things come and go. They always put a smile on my face for both the ingenuity and just initial whoa factor, and for the reasons above.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
VirtualLarry Mobile Devices 12
Yuriman Mobile Devices 1

ASK THE COMMUNITY