Author Chris Kyle fatally shot on gun range

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
A single-shot pistol could have killed Chris Kyle at this gun range. In order to have saved him there couldn't have been any pistols. This is a terrible example for explaining why we need middle ground gun control, but an excellent example of how we need complete disarmament.

Also no tyranny found when it is agreed to democratically. It's the trump card for public policy! 'Murica!

Not only that but at such close range he could have been killed by fists, therefore this is an argument for chopping everyone's hands off. I'm very fortunate to have finally found someone such as yourself who is capable of seeing through the clutter and showing us that the only choice is collectivism and tyranny, but most importantly doing so in such an airtight manner.

At least you are willing to make these tough arguments as opposed to creating ridiculous straw men in an attempt to delegitimize and shut down debate as so many others do.

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I saw him interviewed on the Imus in the morning program and was very impressed with him as an honorable and compassionate man.

Who also looked like he would be extremely capable at being a soldier.

I'm very sorry to hear about his death and it sounds like he was still serving us all in his own way.

Gintaras

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2000
Too bad Russians can't build any decent aircraft. :(

125725_600.jpg

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
Not only that but at such close range he could have been killed by fists, therefore this is an argument for chopping everyone's hands off. I'm very fortunate to have finally found someone such as yourself who is capable of seeing through the clutter and showing us that the only choice is collectivism and tyranny, but most importantly doing so in such an airtight manner.

At least you are willing to make these tough arguments as opposed to creating ridiculous straw men in an attempt to delegitimize and shut down debate as so many others do.

Excellent post, and not afraid to delve deeper into the mind of a criminal. I applaud you. And depending on the stage of robotics when the time comes, I may be in support of hand removal, the robotics can probably be programmed to refuse to do criminal acts as well.

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
A single-shot pistol could have killed Chris Kyle at this gun range. In order to have saved him there couldn't have been any pistols.

Two people were shot and killed, and it doesn't say they were both one-shot kills. With a single-shot pistol, one of them would almost certainly be alive, and the other would've had a better chance of not having being filled with lead until dead.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
Two people were shot and killed, and it doesn't say they were both one-shot kills. With a single-shot pistol, one of them would almost certainly be alive, and the other would've had a better chance of not having being filled with lead until dead.

Two single shot pistols could have killed both of them, but it would have only taken 1 single-shot pistol to kill Chris Kyle.

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Two single shot pistols could have killed both of them

Which takes a level of premeditation well beyond that of handling a semi-auto.

He could have also killed them by knocking them out with chloroform, keeping them out while obtaining a Type 3 rocketry certification, building a multi-stage rocket, then tying them to it, stapling pinwheels to their bodies, and shooting them off.
Yet for some reason the semi-auto handgun seems to be the preferred method of murder in the US.

micrometers

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2010
Well, this is a reason why you shouldn't be convinced to loosen gun restrictions by veterans pleas.

Veterans go crazy just like everyone else. They shouldn't be treated special in regards to guns in society.

this is too bad. Mr. Kyle looks like a good guy.

klinc

Jan 30, 2011
A single-shot pistol could have killed Chris Kyle at this gun range. In order to have saved him there couldn't have been any pistols. This is a terrible example for explaining why we need middle ground gun control, but an excellent example of how we need complete disarmament.

Also no tyranny found when it is agreed to democratically. It's the trump card for public policy! 'Murica!

how the fudding hell do you disarm everyone. Have you ever used common sense? You argument is no one ever break the laws. Then why are so many people in prison? Crimes are committed with illegal firearms and self defense most with legal ones. Now take the self defense guns away and you sit with sitting ducks. My country have strict gun control and we have the highest murder rate in the world. Public is easy pickings. We have more illegal firearms in my country than legal ones. In fact there is more illegal guns than people on welfare which is 50 percent of almost 50 million people

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
This is just more evidence that the problem isn't guns, but mental illness in general.

Mental Illness couldn't get this far, this easily, unless he had access to highly efficient machine made specifically for killing. So, no... without the guns, this would NOT have been the same.

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
how the fudding hell do you disarm everyone. Have you ever used common sense? You argument is no one ever break the laws. Then why are so many people in prison? Crimes are committed with illegal firearms and self defense most with legal ones. Now take the self defense guns away and you sit with sitting ducks. My country have strict gun control and we have the highest murder rate in the world. Public is easy pickings. We have more illegal firearms in my country than legal ones. In fact there is more illegal guns than people on welfare which is 50 percent of almost 50 million people

Britain did it... I am sure we can.

klinc

Jan 30, 2011
Britain did it... I am sure we can.

Do you think it will be the same as Britain? If you go into Mexico can you buy a firearm freely and cheaply there?

Other question do Britain share a border with a third world country?

Last edited:

Acanthus

Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
ostif.org
Mental Illness couldn't get this far, this easily, unless he had access to highly efficient machine made specifically for killing. So, no... without the guns, this would NOT have been the same.

Someone with PTSD should not be around firearms. The system failed both him and the victims.

Abe Froman

Golden Member
Dec 14, 2004
This happened at a gun range. Everyone has a loaded gun at a gun range. I thought the only thing that could stop a bad person with a gun was a good person with a gun? WTF gun nuts?

Maybe just maybe they were the only three on the range at 3:30pm.

They were on an exclusive range. Not a public range. It could very well mean there weren't many people there at all.

klinc

Jan 30, 2011
You live by the gun you die by the gun. Can't remember who said that but that would apply here

Tequila

Oct 24, 1999
Your chances of dying are 100%. Doesn't matter if it is by gun, knife, cancer, overdose, ancient alien...

ShawnD1

Lifer
May 24, 2003
PTSD is a mental illness so he won't be executed but interned, amirite?

anyway they were pretty stupid to take someone with PTSD to the range, leave it to the psychiatrist to decide if a shock cure/confronting evocating noises is a good idea or not.

Flashbacks to traumatic events? What's that? I don't have my grade 10 so I've never heard of this "flashback" you speak of. We wanted to take ol Skeeter to the range to pop off a few rounds, just like he did back in 'Nam

Abe Froman

Golden Member
Dec 14, 2004
Not that I support the premise that raised the question but the reports are they were there for a charity event.

I believe that it was more or a "therapy session" in an act of charity. CK donated his time to help veterans deal with PTSD, part of which is returning to a range and hunting wildlife. While it may seem backwards it has shown results that it helps deal with and PTSD and getting vets back to a normal, mentally healthy life.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Someone with PTSD should not be around firearms. The system failed both him and the victims.

You gotta be reallllllly careful if you're going down this road. I do agree with you, however I've seen how retarded our government is and they'll fuck it up. I've personally been to PTSD counseling twice according to the government. Because something happened? No, its actually 100% mandatory when you get back from a deployment.