Attempts to woo a girl, your comments?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TheBDB

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2002
Originally posted by: labrat25
patience!!! relax dude... don't try to force things, give it time, be friends first

Nooooooooooooo! Once you get put in the "friend zone" by a girl you will never get the pootie.

brigden

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2002
Week 4 - She stops returning your calls...
This is when she finds this thread. Game over.

shiftomnimega

Feb 3, 2004
Originally posted by: TheBDB
Originally posted by: labrat25
patience!!! relax dude... don't try to force things, give it time, be friends first

Nooooooooooooo! Once you get put in the "friend zone" by a girl you will never get the pootie.

Not always true, but sure works out that way a lot.

Ozoned

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2004
Originally posted by: shiftomnimega This three week plan also gives me plenty of time to create my pimp arsenal.

3 weeks??? You must be hung like an ant...

:D

brunswickite

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2002
Originally posted by: cpals
Originally posted by: fyleow
Originally posted by: cerebusPu
lol. good luck. i got the number of a girl i met on the subway, but Ive got no idea what to do next. i dont really feel like asking her out cause Im sure i will get shot down, but it would be nice to get to know her more.

That's obviously why girls give out their numbers...so they can reject the guy when he calls her.

He never said she gave it to him...

lol, i wouldnt doubt it

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
Toss plan. Ask out on casual date (coffee, lunch on campus, etc) immediately and stop wasting time. If she says no, cut all contact.

Simple plan, wastes little time and has at least as much chance of success as your original.

Tinkerhell

Golden Member
Jul 12, 2003
Originally posted by: shiftomnimega
Okay, so I was recently dumped the day after valentine's day. Story in itself really.

So there's an attractive female in one of my classes that I wish to woo. I want to carry out a 3 week plan which was engaged earlier this week on monday. Mind you that the Semester began mid-January, so I'm familiar with most of the peeps in my class. Never gave women much thought since I had a girl back then.

Week 1- Acquaintance
Make first contact. Establish that we can speak to each other for longer than a minute. Actually, she engaged me earlier this week, this section's a go.

Week 2- Proactive engagement
Actively, going up to the girlie and engaging her in conversation. This is where I'd probably find out more about her, such as her interest and what not. Give the impression that I'm an amiable dude or whatever.

Week 3- The kill
This is where I go for it and try to actually suggest going out to dinner/movie or whatever. If I fail, there are more women out there, and hell this instance won't knock the earth of its axis.

Anyway, I've been out of the game for 5 years. This three week plan also gives me plenty of time to create my pimp arsenal. Need to workout more, get some cologne, and some other things at the suggestion of my best friend and ex (hey, at least she's helping me find a replacement :).

So anyway, if anything, this topic will be an entertaining read for all who gaze upon it.

Why did you and your ex break up?

Bootprint

Diamond Member
Jan 11, 2002
Originally posted by: Tinkerhell
Originally posted by: shiftomnimega
Okay, so I was recently dumped the day after valentine's day. Story in itself really.

So there's an attractive female in one of my classes that I wish to woo. I want to carry out a 3 week plan which was engaged earlier this week on monday. Mind you that the Semester began mid-January, so I'm familiar with most of the peeps in my class. Never gave women much thought since I had a girl back then.

Week 1- Acquaintance
Make first contact. Establish that we can speak to each other for longer than a minute. Actually, she engaged me earlier this week, this section's a go.

Week 2- Proactive engagement
Actively, going up to the girlie and engaging her in conversation. This is where I'd probably find out more about her, such as her interest and what not. Give the impression that I'm an amiable dude or whatever.

Week 3- The kill
This is where I go for it and try to actually suggest going out to dinner/movie or whatever. If I fail, there are more women out there, and hell this instance won't knock the earth of its axis.

Anyway, I've been out of the game for 5 years. This three week plan also gives me plenty of time to create my pimp arsenal. Need to workout more, get some cologne, and some other things at the suggestion of my best friend and ex (hey, at least she's helping me find a replacement :).

So anyway, if anything, this topic will be an entertaining read for all who gaze upon it.

Why did you and your ex break up?

He wasn't spontaneous enough ;)

gjeste

Banned
Mar 15, 2004
I thought you gave up on girls skywalker?

look, I can guarantee you this man is not skywalker. I know skywalker and he truly did give up on looking for girls.

FuZoR

Diamond Member
Sep 22, 2001
wow... you have everything planned out. Usuually ends up wrong/bad.

talk to her after class go have lunch with her. you dont need no stinking 3 week plan. just ask her out lol

cerebusPu

Diamond Member
May 27, 2000
Originally posted by: gjeste

look, I can guarantee you this man is not skywalker. I know skywalker and he truly did give up on looking for girls.

lol...thats pretty funny skywalker. kudos for good humor.

edit: new paragraph below

the casual lunch thing is a great idea. Im gonna do that to the girl i just met. I'll just ask to see if she would eat lunch with me at the usual place she eats lunch. if she says no, I'll break off contact. Sounds like a foolproof plan to me. thanks ATOT!

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
Originally posted by: cerebusPu
Originally posted by: gjeste

lol...thats pretty funny skywalker. kudos for good humor.

edit: new paragraph below

the casual lunch thing is a great idea. Im gonna do that to the girl i just met. I'll just ask to see if she would eat lunch with me at the usual place she eats lunch. if she says no, I'll break off contact. Sounds like a foolproof plan to me. thanks ATOT!

Its really the only way to go if you ask me. Any plan with that is complex in anyway is destined to fail, because applying logic to women is a fallacy. Women are by nature, totally illogical. Keeping it casual is a good idea too, its nonthreatening and makes it easy for either of you to bail. If the girl isn't sure of you yet, she'll most likely still go to lunch with you. From there you can kind of feel things out. But if she's on the fence and you ask her out to a romantic candle-lit dinner or something, she's gonna say no.

Breaking off contact is the way to go in the face of failure. Not doing so helps to perpetuate the myth that men want to be 'just friends' with girls. We do not want to be friends with you women, we want to date and/or sleep with you. :D