Attempts to woo a girl, your comments?

shiftomnimega

Feb 3, 2004
Okay, so I was recently dumped the day after valentine's day. Story in itself really.

So there's an attractive female in one of my classes that I wish to woo. I want to carry out a 3 week plan which was engaged earlier this week on monday. Mind you that the Semester began mid-January, so I'm familiar with most of the peeps in my class. Never gave women much thought since I had a girl back then.

Week 1- Acquaintance
Make first contact. Establish that we can speak to each other for longer than a minute. Actually, she engaged me earlier this week, this section's a go.

Week 2- Proactive engagement
Actively, going up to the girlie and engaging her in conversation. This is where I'd probably find out more about her, such as her interest and what not. Give the impression that I'm an amiable dude or whatever.

Week 3- The kill
This is where I go for it and try to actually suggest going out to dinner/movie or whatever. If I fail, there are more women out there, and hell this instance won't knock the earth of its axis.

Anyway, I've been out of the game for 5 years. This three week plan also gives me plenty of time to create my pimp arsenal. Need to workout more, get some cologne, and some other things at the suggestion of my best friend and ex (hey, at least she's helping me find a replacement :).

So anyway, if anything, this topic will be an entertaining read for all who gaze upon it.

bradruth

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
I wouldn't institute a plan. I'm an adlib-on-the-fly kind of guy, so I can change my approach based on her response.

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
your not gunna get much help on these forums.

yagt.org (i believe, if not .com) is a much better site.

also, you will be banned unless you add YAGT: in front of your thread title

MIKE

shiftomnimega

Feb 3, 2004
I tried to keep it pretty general to give me enough leeway to change.

The ex thought that it may take a lil more time than 3 weeks. *shrugs*

I just want to test the waters and see if I still have it. I could probably learn more from failure than success anyway.

Pandaren

Golden Member
Sep 13, 2003
My comments? Don't expect anything to happen, because odds are nothing will happen. If something does happen you will be pleasantly surprised. :)

The only other thing I can say is make sure she's as nice as she is pretty. Pretty girls who are mean can quickly become very ugly (in the abstract sense).

shiftomnimega

Feb 3, 2004
Well the three weeks also gives me time to gather my pimp arsenal.

Every since I actually got a girlfriend, I kinda just let myself go.

Didn't care much about my looks, didn't wear cologne, didn't work out as much.

3 weeks gives me time to get all that square.

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
I'm guessing you weren't in a long relationship then if 3 weeks is enough time to work yourself back into shape.

crumpet19

Platinum Member
Feb 10, 2002
Originally posted by: shiftomnimega
Well the three weeks also gives me time to gather my pimp arsenal.

Every since I actually got a girlfriend, I kinda just let myself go.

Didn't care much about my looks, didn't wear cologne, didn't work out as much.

3 weeks gives me time to get all that square.

Then take that three weeks to 'get all that square' before you begin stalking someone.

cerebusPu

Diamond Member
May 27, 2000
lol. good luck. i got the number of a girl i met on the subway, but Ive got no idea what to do next. i dont really feel like asking her out cause Im sure i will get shot down, but it would be nice to get to know her more.

fyleow

Platinum Member
Jan 18, 2002
Originally posted by: cerebusPu
lol. good luck. i got the number of a girl i met on the subway, but Ive got no idea what to do next. i dont really feel like asking her out cause Im sure i will get shot down, but it would be nice to get to know her more.

That's obviously why girls give out their numbers...so they can reject the guy when he calls her.

shiftomnimega

Feb 3, 2004
skywalker66 is that you?

Naw, this ain't no one's alt.

Just looking at a new way to look at everything... not to mention a few laughs :).

I'm guessing you weren't in a long relationship then if 3 weeks is enough time to work yourself back into shape.

I'm not expecting 3 weeks to be enough to get back into shape... just get back into the groove of habitually working out.

And I'd consider 5 years a long-term relationship.

mflacy

Golden Member
Aug 8, 2001

All dating questions can be answered from the wisdom of Swingers.

Wait six weeks to call her. Tell her you found her number while you were cleaning out your wallet and you can't remember where where you met. Ask her what she looks like and then ask her if you fvcked her. That would be so money.

cpals

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2001
Originally posted by: fyleow

That's obviously why girls give out their numbers...so they can reject the guy when he calls her.

He never said she gave it to him...

cerebusPu

Diamond Member
May 27, 2000
Originally posted by: mflacy

All dating questions can be answered from the wisdom of Swingers.

Wait six weeks to call her. Tell her you found her number while you were cleaning out your wallet and you can't remember where where you met. Ask her what she looks like and then ask her if you fvcked her. That would be so money.

lol. thats pretty funny.