Attempt at a raise might be backfiring

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
Originally posted by: PricklyPete
Originally posted by: oldsmoboat
Take a job at another company.
/thread

I've alreayd started sending resumes out...it won't be too long...but I figured I'd have some fun while I was still in here.

When I quit 3 months ago, I literally had 4 interviews and 3 offers in less than two weeks. I would have had 4 offers had I not chosen to cancel stage 2 of the last interview, which is when I decided to stay (El Biggo Mistako).

UpGrD

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Fact is that this economy is doing very well. If your company is not part of it, find one that is.....

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
Originally posted by: UpGrD
Fact is that this economy is doing very well. If your company is not part of it, find one that is.....

Exactly. I knew my skills and talents were quite marketable when I quit, but I had actually underestimated them! The economy is pretty good right now for someone up-to-date skillsets in software development.

PricklyPete

Lifer
Sep 17, 2002
Originally posted by: UpGrD

I agree. My current company manufactures items that are all going overseas...so I've known for a while I would need to move on...