ATOT's 6th Annual Yahoo Auction PPR KEEPER Fantasy Football League 2016

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
I said it doesn't matter. Must have misread something. Moveon.org

KT

woodman1999

Golden Member
Sep 19, 2003
Honestly, it's not a big deal to me either way. If there was any confusion, I am happy to let KT choose. #draftgate?

woodman1999

Golden Member
Sep 19, 2003
Alright, against some better judgement... I'll keep David Johnson, Rishard Matthews, Antonio Gates, and Tyrod Taylor.

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
I need ~2 hours. Just want to look at something before finalizing my picks, but heading into a meeting right now.

KT

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Bah, too hard to choose. I'll go with Cam Newton for 9, Phil Rivers for 13, Doug Martin for 12, and Doug Baldwin for 1. So a total of 35 spent.

Thanks.

KT

TangoJuliet

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2006
Keepers have been finalized. Please check to make sure they are correct.

Draft tonight 8:00 pm EST

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Looks correct in the OP. I don't see anything on Yahoo though; not sure if they should be showing on my roster already or not.

KT

TangoJuliet

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2006
Looks correct in the OP. I don't see anything on Yahoo though; not sure if they should be showing on my roster already or not.

KT

I don't think they show up there yet. If you look at draft results they should be listed there.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Glenn, I replied to the message on the league page. You may want to post it here too

Sure. I'm submitting for league consideration a change of the waiver rules from the current "Sunday-Tuesday" setting to "Game Time Waivers." Please see links below for explanation of each setting and how they differ. Currently at 1:00PM ET Sunday all players are removed from Free Agent status and moved to Waivers even if their game hasn't started or their team is on Bye week. Which means that for example if you have a player set to play the Sunday afternoon, SNF, or MNF game and he gets scratched anytime after 1PM Sunday (sick, injured, whatever) that you can't make a last-minute replacement for him and are stuck with your roster having a player you know won't start.

That being said as TJ mentioned in his response that if may advantage some owners more than others as some owners work weekends or otherwise may be inclined to use a "set and forget" methodology to building their weekly rosters. Therefore while the benefit is theoretically equal to all it would likely be utilized more by the very active managers who spend a lot of time examining and adjusting their rosters.

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN8825.html

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/learn-game-waivers-faq-sln7129.html

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Keep in mind the current waiver system allows guys playing in a game before Thursday to remain as FA even though their game has started. For example, the BUF-NYJ game started at 8:30 last night and an owner grabbed Enunwa as a FA at 9:18PM. I'm not sure why the "people work on weekends" is a reason to close waivers on Sunday 1PM but "people work late on Thursdays" isn't a reason to put players on waivers until 3 days after their game is over. If one of your guys gets hurt midgame or someone has a breakout performance you gotta hope it's on a Thursday or Saturday game since they remain FAs regardless. Yeah I know the rules are already in place for this year and we can't change them blah blah blah but it's definitely going to change the league dynamics this year and next.

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Oh wow, that's fucked. Did not realize you could pick dudes up after the game had started. That just sounds broken.

KT

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
Wait, seriously? Didn't know that was an available option.. No wonder I couldn't put in a waiver claim for Enunwa. I usually go straight to team, not league, so didn't see the transaction.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Crono, before I vote whether to approve/veto the Ameer Abdullah for Quincy Enunwa trade, can you explain your logic in offering it? Seems odd that you would trade Enunwa (who would be a $1 keeper next year) for AA considering he's both hurt and probably out for the year and would be a $9 keeper. I'm struggling to see where you see that's an equitable trade for you.

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
I vetoed cause Enunwa was picked up in the middle of the game but your reasoning makes more sense.

Crono

Lifer
Aug 8, 2001
Crono, before I vote whether to approve/veto the Ameer Abdullah for Quincy Enunwa trade, can you explain your logic in offering it? Seems odd that you would trade Enunwa (who would be a $1 keeper next year) for AA considering he's both hurt and probably out for the year and would be a $9 keeper. I'm struggling to see where you see that's an equitable trade for you.

Last news I heard about Ameer Abdullah was there's a possibility he comes back off IR after 8 weeks, which would give him late season value for me, especially if we continue to see injuries at the position. The only other RB on my bench is Dexter McCluster. I'll likely need to make another trade or pickup with FAAB at some point for even more depth.

I think I'm okay at receiver (whereas woodman1999 has a solid RB corps) and would likely only use Enunwa as the third receiver rarely. The keeper cost isn't a big difference in terms of overall budget. $1 vs $9 is nothing when the top tier players went for $50+. The keeper cost for Abdullah was higher from last season had I decided to keep him, which is the only reason I didn't.

It's a trade of an immediately usable 3rd receiver on the Jets for a #1 (or #1a, considering Riddick) running back on the Lions who will only be available to use until late this season, if at all. It seems like a fair trade to me.

I vetoed cause Enunwa was picked up in the middle of the game but your reasoning makes more sense.

As far as I know, it's not against the league rules, and the ability to pick up players playing in Thursday games has been there on Yahoo for at least a few years. I've done it plenty and seen others do it without issue in multiple leagues. I wouldn't be opposed to a rule change going forward, though, if everyone doesn't like it.

But it's not like I pulled off something shady, so I don't know why I should be penalized with a veto for something that isn't liked. I only veto for clear cases of collusion or some other form of cheating, and expect others to do the same.

Last edited:

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Last news I heard about Ameer Abdullah was there's a possibility he comes back off IR after 8 weeks, which would give him late season value for me, especially if we continue to see injuries at the position. The only other RB on my bench is Dexter McCluster. I'll likely need to make another trade or pickup with FAAB at some point for even more depth.

I think I'm okay at receiver (whereas woodman1999 has a solid RB corps) and would likely only use Enunwa as the third receiver rarely. The keeper cost isn't a big difference in terms of overall budget. $1 vs $9 is nothing when the top tier players went for $50+. The keeper cost for Abdullah was higher from last season had I decided to keep him, which is the only reason I didn't.

It's a trade of an immediately usable 3rd receiver on the Jets for a #1 (or #1a, considering Riddick) running back on the Lions who will only be available to use until late this season, if at all. It seems like a fair trade to me.

As far as I know, it's not against the league rules, and the ability to pick up players playing in Thursday games has been there on Yahoo for at least a few years. I've done it plenty and seen others do it without issue in multiple leagues. I wouldn't be opposed to a rule change going forward, though, if everyone doesn't like it.

But it's not like I pulled off something shady, so I don't know why I should be penalized with a veto for something that isn't liked. I only veto for clear cases of collusion or some other form of cheating, and expect others to do the same.

Are you looking for RB depth or are you looking to trade for a starter?

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000

Well, I get your reasoning too. I've just never seen that in the leagues I've been in or hadn't noticed it being possible I guess. Most will lock out Thursday players from being picked up after the game starts (I know ESPN locks them out). If possible, I'll reverse my veto.

Crono

Lifer
Aug 8, 2001
Are you looking for RB depth or are you looking to trade for a starter?

I was looking for a little of both, but I'm fine if the trade goes through, as I picked up Vereen, too. I just need one of my RBs to be a solid RB2 now, as Melvin Gordon should be a good RB1 if he doesn't get hurt. Rawls was supposed to be that for me, but he's riding bench until I see something.

I stupidly dropped Blount earlier because I'm wary of the Patriots backfield, but the Patriots are making heavy use of him with Brady suspended and Garoppolo injured. :(

Last edited:

Crono

Lifer
Aug 8, 2001
Well, I get your reasoning too. I've just never seen that in the leagues I've been in or hadn't noticed it being possible I guess. Most will lock out Thursday players from being picked up after the game starts (I know ESPN locks them out). If possible, I'll reverse my veto.

Yeah, I can understand not being aware of it and vetoing it because of that. Only picked up Enunwa because I thought it was fairly well known that you could do that, and I fully expected someone else would do it had I waited even a few minutes during the game.