++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 7441 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
First genuinely nice day of the year. It scares me. Cuz now we gotta look forward to running the A/C all the time, mowing, and bugs.
The birds actually came back a while ago, when it still mostly cold all day. Right now I've got the heat off, with the sun beating down its naturally 76 degrees inside the house. Wish the front door had a screen. I opened up the back and the glare killed me. Closed it. But in general I'm glad to have a north facing house.

Guy says my snow blower will be fixed by the end of the week.
Thanks buddy.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Crazy hot here too, snow is melting and there's water everywhere. Pretty nasty tbh. It would be one thing if it stayed this way, but it's too early for that. Everything is going to freeze and go back to normal and now there will be ice and crusty snow all over.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
I wish the pic was better, but must have originally been a lower resolution. Whatever the case, this is my first Athlon 64 CPU build. This was the 3200+ (Winchester). Notice the cool ass Zalman copper cooler! I've also put a Zalman cooler on my video card. It was a 9800 Pro that I modded to a 9800 XT. I was so 1337! There's a tuner card in there as well. I'm pretty sure the majority of those HDDs are Deathstars. The case is my first aluminum case, the Cooler Master ATC-200. We're talking the year 2000 (for the case). Check out a review of this case HERE
kj5RMQD.jpg

Last edited:

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Here's a better pic right before I did the upgrade to the X2. It doesn't look as cool without all the HDDs though.

ftvl02fh.jpg

Last edited:

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
I still have that case. It's has Vantec Stealth fans 80mm x 4. I've got one of the last Socket A mobos from Abit, albeit an mATX one. I have it on hand in case I ever want an easy WinXP box for playing MYST!

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Wow terrible out there. Pouring rain, everything is just a huge mess of slush, ice and water. Driveway is basically a skating rink. Was a pain trying to get the ice off the windshield. Had to let it run a good 20 minutes so I can at least get a spot to melt so I can get the scraper in there to break the rest.

I think this is going to be a take-out kind of day, I don't want to deal with that more times than I have to. Easier to just stay at work for lunch. This would have been a good day to be on schedule to work from home. :p

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
I took yesterday off and went to the eye doctor to have my eyes examined. Also, had a CT scan of my sinuses. Doc calls me on my way home and says that my sinuses look fine. Just in time for tree pollen season as the trees are already budding.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Got my taxes down a while back too, now to wait for the money to show up in the account. Getting around $1600 back. Nice chunk for the credit line. Not spending it on anything this year. i normally splurge but I just want to try to get this thing paid down. It's not moving.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
My company stock is doing well too, my balance is at around 43k now. I could pay off the credit line with it but I get more in dividends than what the interest rate of the credit line is, so I figure I'll hold. If I find a property then I'll cash that in. not much on the market these days though. :/ I really hope I get a 40 acre or bigger plot. I pretty much need to buy before seeing it I think, it's the only way otherwise it sells faster than I can put an offer in.