++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 7439 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
My main concern is it looks kinda plasticy so I wonder how durable it really is in the cold. If the plastic gets all brittle and stuff that will be an issue.

But if it can deal with that wet nasty snow I think it will do decent here for normal snow falls. Just a backup anyway, once I get the gas one going that will still be my main one for heavy snowfalls, but the electric will be nice for smaller snowfalls.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
My main concern is it looks kinda plasticy so I wonder how durable it really is in the cold. If the plastic gets all brittle and stuff that will be an issue.

But if it can deal with that wet nasty snow I think it will do decent here for normal snow falls. Just a backup anyway, once I get the gas one going that will still be my main one for heavy snowfalls, but the electric will be nice for smaller snowfalls.

Lol that doesn't have enough power for the wet stuff.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Only used mine a couple times tbh. We don't get much snow anymore and what we do get tends to come late, around this time of year.

I heard we're suppose to get warm weather and rain though so that sucks. That just makes a mess of everything.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Only used mine a couple times tbh. We don't get much snow anymore and what we do get tends to come late, around this time of year.

I heard we're suppose to get warm weather and rain though so that sucks. That just makes a mess of everything.
in my area its been cold and dry. Tomorrow I pick up my snowblower from the shop. Doubt I will need it again for the next 10 months.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
I just ordered a valve cover gasket set for my car. I've noticed oil sprayed inside the engine compartment a few weeks ago and had been monitoring it. It's manageable, but I need to take care of this ASAP.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Pedey says meh

CMSCGI7h.jpg

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Driver in front of me opened his door at a light to spit tobacco juice. The way he was holding the door, he ended up spitting on his sleeve. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Red Squirrel

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Well this freaking sucks. HD just cancelled my order. FFS. It was on sale and was saving like $100 too. I can buy the plugin model for cheaper but really wanted the battery one.

HD does this every freaking year too with snow related equipment. At the peak of winter, they have no inventory.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Oh well I was starting to think I can use those gift cards for other stuff instead anyway like bringing solar to the house from the shed. Will probably cost around that in various hardware and wiring.