++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 7420 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
At first I thought it was a bad connection since it started to work when I unplugged one thing but then it seemed to not matter what I unplugged, or if I swapped things around. After a while it started to make a hissing sound lol. Guessing bad capacitor causing it to keep resetting when there's too much traffic. Swapped it for another that I found that looks just as old but they'll be ordering another.

AMD64Blondie

Golden Member
Apr 20, 2013
Chilly morning nef.

(34 degrees F at 6:30 AM.)

Thankfully, there's not much wind..so it hopefully won't feel too cold.

It's a dry cold.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Chilly here too, -20 feels like -28. Too lazy to convert to F.

It's been super warm lately for this time of year, like -1 range, so now it's mostly normal.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
It's official. I tested positive for COVID-19. Bummer.
Don’t waste the opportunity to try all those bragging rights foods like haggis, lutefisk, Rocky Mountain oysters, and Nutella Chex! No taste or smell has to be good for something.

Also, good luck and kick it soon.

Reactions: bigboxes

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
I guess that's ONE way of getting vaccinated... lol. Hope it's not a bad case for you. Are you feeling sick at all or did you just happen to get tested?

I went to work on Monday feeling a little tired. Got to work and started feeling chills and aches (hands, knees, etc). I made it halfway through the day before I left to go get tested. Felt better that evening. Woke up and repeated the same cycle, just not so bad. Same for today after I found out I was positive. I really thought it might be something else. We'll see if this progresses or it eventually goes away.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
They've also moved the "Shopping Forum" back to where it was previously. I wonder if Future is going to sell AT soon.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Getting really bored about staying home. Want to do more things, but then either don't do it or shouldn't do it.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
I'm getting the best sleep in years. This afternoon I dreamed that I was walking inside a moving train from on car to another. One car was full of marines in khaki colored unis. Weird.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I sometimes get really weird vivid dreams too. Been a while since I've had any though. I find if I take melatonin I have a better chance but I only take it if I really need it like when going from night to day shift.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
I sometimes get really weird vivid dreams too. Been a while since I've had any though. I find if I take melatonin I have a better chance but I only take it if I really need it like when going from night to day shift.

Yeah, I'm sure that you switching sleep schedules doesn't help any.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I hate it when code that should work just decides not to work, and when you move it somewhere else, it works differently despite being fed the same data. Pulling my hair out. Been wasting over an hour on this stupid thing. It should just work, there is nothing else to check.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I hate it when code that should work just decides not to work, and when you move it somewhere else, it works differently despite being fed the same data. Pulling my hair out. Been wasting over an hour on this stupid thing. It should just work, there is nothing else to check.

Have you tried rebooting?

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Seriously raging at this point, it just makes no fucking sense.

Variable is clearly being sent via HTTP post, why the fuck is the other end not seeing it, and only if the script is in a certain folder. Made two copies of the exact script, one works, the other does not.

Shit like this pisses me off so much it's just a waste of time troubleshooting idiotic shit like this.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
And why would it work in one place and not the other, it's the same fucking script posting to the same fucking server. So pissed off that I wasted over 2 hours on this idiocy and not getting anywhere. Going to end up having to rewrite everything from scratch just to try to get around this.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
And why would it work in one place and not the other, it's the same fucking script posting to the same fucking server. So pissed off that I wasted over 2 hours on this idiocy and not getting anywhere. Going to end up having to rewrite everything from scratch just to try to get around this.

Is this a work problem or some self-inflicted home hobby issue?

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
My throat hurts from screaming. I bet even the neighbours heard that. I actually feel better letting the anger out.

Going to just completely rewrite everything.