++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 7419 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
49WWrwO.jpg

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
February 10, 2014. I was picking up pizza from the other side of town. It was that good.

It was around 8pm. It was dark outside. Chilly.

I was crossing the Fielder Road bridge when I hit black ice that just formed as the temps dipped below freezing. Yup. I was the first one to hit the black ice. Lucky me.

I started to fishtail as I reached the crest. I know not to overreact on the brakes and steering to make it worse. But I ricocheted off the center dividing concrete ridge, sending me down the embankment on the other side. I hit air for a brief moment. I rode it out, coming to a stop when I t-boned the guardrail of the feeder road below.

Air bags deploy. I walk out without a scratch. Then the engine catches fire. I grab my valuables out of the car. The fire goes out fairly quickly.

I spent the next four hours waiting with police and then the wrecker. I could have died. The next vehicle after me (a full sized Suburban) wrecked and was disabled. We share a tow. It made for a long night. The police closed the bridge after that.

RDUi1aih.jpg

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
February 10, 2014. I was picking up pizza from the other side of town. It was that good.

It was around 8pm. It was dark outside. Chilly.

I was crossing the Fielder Road bridge when I hit black ice that just formed as the temps dipped below freezing. Yup. I was the first one to hit the black ice. Lucky me.

I started to fishtail as I reached the crest. I know not to overreact on the brakes and steering to make it worse. But I ricocheted off the center dividing concrete ridge, sending me down the embankment on the other side. I hit air for a brief moment. I rode it out, coming to a stop when I t-boned the guardrail of the feeder road below.

Air bags deploy. I walk out without a scratch. Then the engine catches fire. I grab my valuables out of the car. The fire goes out fairly quickly.

I spent the next four hours waiting with police and then the wrecker. I could have died. The next vehicle after me (a full sized Suburban) wrecked and was disabled. We share a tow. It made for a long night. The police closed the bridge after that.

RDUi1aih.jpg

I guess the pizza was worth it? You got very lucky to walk away from that.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
I guess the pizza was worth it? You got very lucky to walk away from that.

I called the pizzeria the next day and apologized for not picking up the pizza. I didn't want them to blacklist me. And yes, I was lucky to walk away from it. My head hit the headliner when I caught air. I was like " FUCK!"

Last edited:

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Ouch that sucks. But damn that must have been good pizza lol. I guess it's like us Canadians and our Tim's... It can be a blizzard out and you still have that one person "I'm going to Tim's anyone want anything?".

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Amazon delivered my batteries... while I was out. They delivered it to the apartment office, which was closed by the time I got home. So, here I am. Home with plenty of time to do the swap-out. But they won't be open until I'm back at work on Monday.

Fuck.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Got tested for COVID-19 today. Had aches and chills today. Eyes hurt. Will know in a couple of days.