++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 7310 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Oso (cat) has taken up raiding the box of Q-tips and arranging Q-tips around his food bowl.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I only start work on Wednesday. 3 day shifts working from home, then on vacation again. :D

I slept in today, been getting up early all week. Super nice day to work on my deck today though so I really should have gotten up early. It's like 12 degrees out and not raining, and cloudy. Does not get any better than that to work outside.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
AmlDCeyl.jpg

zzuupp

Lifer
Jul 6, 2008
spent an hour picking up sticks in the yard. there's still more to do.
I can't complain: across the street the neighbors have a tree laying on their house. :(

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Ouch, bad storm?

The Arborist that did my back yard tree said it was probably going to fall on the house next good storm we get. :eek: I feel better now that it's gone. The front one looked like it was going to possibly fall on the house too. Bad year for trees it seems, lot of them dying here.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Ouch, bad storm?

The Arborist that did my back yard tree said it was probably going to fall on the house next good storm we get. :eek: I feel better now that it's gone. The front one looked like it was going to possibly fall on the house too. Bad year for trees it seems, lot of them dying here.

Tropical storm in the news hit the east coast

zzuupp

Lifer
Jul 6, 2008
Isaias came thru Carolina yesterday, and over me last night.
Amazingly, I am not one of the 300K people without power.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
All ready to put down deckboards. Did lot of reinforcements, and straightening of posts etc. Tricky to get them all to line up right and stay, but with ratchet straps or wedging a 2x4 the right way, or both in some cases, and then putting in the lag bolts and reinforcements while it's wedged seemed to help. I got everything at a "good enough" state. Probably not pass any kind of inspection but I don't need a permit for a deck this low to the ground, and it will be fine in the end.

I think I will want to add built in seating, or flower boxes, or something though, by adding that I will be able to reinforce the rail better, it's still not as strong as I'd like.

Reactions: bigboxes