++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 7309 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
long-duk-dong.jpg

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Wow is he perma banned?

I've seen people say way worse things and get away with it.

TBH, I was drunk posting on another board and I told someone to off themselves. I got my first ban. I contacted a mod and apologized. Unbanned in about an hour. They knew me. I just crossed the line. Well... cross the line for a normal open forum. I was a site admin for 15 years for an online forum where we pretty much allowed people to say just about whatever they wanted. I drew the line at racists.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
What's odd is some people seem to get away so easily with personal attacks, but then if you're a good guy and go out of line even once mods tend to be harder on you. Seems to be like that at all forums, Reddit, etc. I got perma banned from /r/canada for calling ISIS sand gingers (except with a few letters rearranged). I've seen people say much worse things and actually direct it at people who are not terrorists. Also got banned from /r/ontario for calling out someone for not isolating after going to the states. On Reddit most bans are permanent with no warning.