++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 7280 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Lots of rain and heavy downpours here in past few days too. It was really hot for a few days so it tends to cause thundershowers for next little while after that. Down to 15C now.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
herdingcats-01.jpg

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Man people get offended so easily now days. There is this couple that owns a tattoo shop in my city and they've always been a rather popular and liked couple in the community. Recently they made a video and said some mean things about fat people. Now they may as well be a spawn of satan and people are freaking out about it. They had to close down their business and deleted their web presence and everything. I kind of feel bad for them. Maybe the comments were rude, but holy crap people, no need to treat them like they just killed a baby or something.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Today was my wife's birthday. I got an email from one of our favorite restaurants was open for dine-in. So, I'm like let's go. It was cool. We went there almost every year on her birthday. My food came out fast and I ate it fast. Nice to sit down and eat.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Today was my wife's birthday. I got an email from one of our favorite restaurants was open for dine-in. So, I'm like let's go. It was cool. We went there almost every year on her birthday. My food came out fast and I ate it fast. Nice to sit down and eat.

Restaurants are open where you are? Did not figure we'd see that happen anywhere any time soon.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I love seeing real honest listings for really old vehicles that need lot of work.

"Starts drives and stops"

I guess that covers pretty much everything you need a vehicle to do. :p

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Restaurants are open where you are? Did not figure we'd see that happen anywhere any time soon.

Not many places open in DFW, but two of my faves are open of dine-in. They might be limited to 50% occupancy. I saw at least two tables in my section that had a blue x on them. That was their social distancing. The staff wore masks. I got a haircut beforehand. I wore a mask and my stylist wore a mask.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Freaking pissed. Just got force rebooted at work. Pisses me off so much that they do that. They've been super aggressive with that lately, it happens at least once a week now.

bigboxes

Lifer
Apr 6, 2002
Plus, I ate inside twice in the Texas Panhandle. Once for lunch in Shamrock and for dinner in Levelland. When I was in Fredericksburg a few weeks ago, they were opening up the restaurants to dine-in. You get tired of fast food and eating out of your car and motel room.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Yeah I'm kinda looking forward for restaurants to open. Or for simply being allowed to have backyard BBQs and family gatherings and stuff. We kinda broke the rules a few times already but can't really do anything too big in case someone snitches. The limit is 5 people together at once but they need to be from same household.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Well this sucks now my Outlook is corrupt from the force reboot. It opens but the window is in a dead zone so I can't see it. I can only maximize it. I've had this happen before I don't really remember what I did to fix it, I think it was just lot of fiddling around with the taskbar menu and maximizing/restoring and eventually it worked.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Think I'm mostly logged into everything now. Some of the citrix sessions were still active on server side so didn't have to redo all of those, it came back on it's own.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
FFS now my citrix stuff crapped out. Probably forced rebooted that server now. So sick of this crap. I just want to be able to do my job without them screwing with my computer every 10 minutes. The ones that make these stupid IT policies piss me off so much, all they do is impede on people's work just so the can flex their IT powers. "We'll reboot you and there's nothing you can do about it!" That's basically their attitude. Even the head of network security has complained to them about it and has no say.